“GOOD ALL ROUND THEME PARK”

Blackpool Pleasure Beach Arena
Ranked #9 of 45 Fun & Games in Blackpool
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“GOOD ALL ROUND THEME PARK”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

Bought 3 wristbands online which is better value...my 14 year old has been to alton towers but prefers pleasure beach because of its different variety of rides. It was extremely busy we queued for about 25mins to get bands and once in the park all rides were queued...valhalla was an hour. I think in the height of summer it would be better if they opened an extra hour each side...from 9 til 9 perhaps...it is quite expensive for food to...and you mainly have a choice of burger and chips or...burger and chips...no great variety. This however will not stop me returning in future

Motherwell
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Another fab family day out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

Here with family again kids aged 10 and 5 , bought tickets prior to arrival and got bands printed in the hotel, spent 9 hours in the park and we were on virtually everything, I know some stuff getting old but who cares the whole day was just fun the kids had a great time in Nickelodeon Land as we'll meeting characters and they went on every ride, food can be pricey but you expect that , all in visit it it's great day out.

Leyland, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great show but great discomfort”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

Saw the Hot Ice Show on Friday 8th June 2014. Absolutely amazing show, theatrical lighting and laser effects and wonderful costumes, some of them very imaginative and all very colourful and attractive. How come professional skaters and dancers are always gorgeous - does nobody less than gorgeous ever learn to skate or dance and take it to a professional standard?
However, we had booked Premium Seats which, admittedly are 2 for 1 on Mondays and Fridays, but there was no legroom whatsoever. We are both 6' but we were literally jammed in behind the seats in front of us, completely unable to move - Block 4, Row B, seats 47 and 48.
Be aware when paying for parking that, although the show is advertised as 100 minutes, this does not include the interval - it started prompt at 7pm but didn't end till 9.10pm

leyland
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Beware Food rip off”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

I took mydaughters for a birthday treat for my eldest. The cost of wristbands and petrol meant I couldn't afford for us to eat out so I packed a picnic lunch. Went in at 11 so I left the lunchbag in the car. Came back out myself whilst my daughters quequed for a ride, thinking I could walk to the car and back with our lunch, be in the park again by the time they'd been on the ride. At the entrance there were security people searching bags. I had thought this a safety measure. However the security man searched my picnic bag and said I wasn't allowed to take my own food into the park, I could store it in lockers or get the kids to come outside. I searched the entrance area for signs saying no food was allowed.to be taken in - there were no signs. I saw a.man being told he couldn't take in a small lunchbox of potato salad at the same time.The lockers were £4.50. I tried to pay with 4 pound coins, two twenty pences and a 10p. The machine only accepted the pound coins. Obviously the company wants people to get so frustrated they put 5 pound coins in. Left with no chpice I had to walk back to the car, stow the bag and walk back to the Pleasure beach. This meant I had been twiceas long as I told the kids, who were worried. I then had to buy 2 overprice
d, overcooked trays of chips and 2 Fruit Shoots from a restaurant called The Plaice inside the Pleasure Beach, which cost £8! Not to mention the further overpriced (£2 each) bottles of pop later on. On leaving I looked again for any signs banning food and drink at tbe entrance - there were none. I have been to Alton Towers, Farmer Teds, Gullivers World etc in the past few years and always been able to take my own food. This is shameless profiteering by this company, done by stealth and enforced by security people. After I'd already paid a fortune for 3 wristbands. I won't be going again and I recommend you pick a more open, friendly theme park to visit.

Falkirk, United Kingdom
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Excellent Show”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

Went to see the Hot Ice Show in Blackpool Pleasure Beach last week and can honestly say this was the best show ever. I have seen Hot Ice several times but this years show beats them all, from the costumes to the skaters it was faultless. Excellent value for money as the show lasted two hours, a point to note if you book for the matinee show the show is cut down to one hour.