“Very friendly”

Coco Beach Hotel
Ranked #826 of 911 Blackpool B&B and Inns
“Very friendly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

The owners are very friendly and make you feel right at home, I don't understand the bad reviews about cleaniness because our room and the shared batheroom was up to standard. The location is great for families but close enough to town for younger people.The breakfast was lovely and service was great consideeing the hotel was full that weekend, would recommend for young groups and young families :)

• Stayed April 2014

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

Just got back from a two night stay, the hotel was clean and tidy the rooms were all as described and the owners very friendly and nothing was too much for them, breakfast was fantastic. Thanks for a pleasant stay I would stay here again

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

On arrival the women was friendly however i was given a set of key& instuctions to where my room was. Loud music and a group of men were hanging out of windows shouting abuse at me. Not pleasant!! My room was terrible worse one yet, smelt of damp dirty bedding and sink was matted with hair. Tiny box room couldnt of swang a cat to be honest! Communal bathroom was dirty and full of men playing games drunk! How they expected a 21 girl to stay on floor with them is beyond me.. I never stayed, as i give keys back the women was to busy to listen to my complaint n jus said i'll b back in 2mins howeve i waited 10mins b4 just leaving! Its the worse place ive ever been into and would no recommend it to any1..

• Stayed October 2013
4 Thank Nicki1002

Travellers are raving about these Blackpool hotels

Exeter, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013

I am sorry to write this review as the owners could not do enough for you, it was also a good location for what we wanted. There were 16 of us staying during a hen weekend. Me and a friend were given a double room on the top floor, it was in dire need of a lick of paint and the ceiling needed re-plastering, it also reeked of mould. The bedding had clearly not been changed for our arrival and had a sweaty smell. The bathroom was disgusting and the toilet was a disgrace, definitely hadn't been cleaned before our arrival! All I hoped for was clean bedding and a clean bathroom but got neither. Breakfast wasn't particularly good but there was cereal and fruit juices.
I have stayed in plenty of cheap and cheerful places and this was cheap but about the going rate in the area but it was certainly not cheerful. There were children running around and ringing the doorbell constantly (obviously bored as their parents were sat out the front drinking for several hours and seemed to be friends of the owners). I cannot beleive that someone rated this absolutely brilliant, I dread to think what accommodation they have used before! A couple of the rooms on the middle floor seemed o.k but I'm afraid I would not recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: Middle floor rooms seem to be better equipped.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
6 Thank BabyFaye
Bolton
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2013

Well.....The place is in need of a good decorator and the Hotel Inspector to give it a kick in the right direction, in regards to cleanliness and colour and style.
the choice of rooms was either a small box room or another just as small room for sleeping in.
crumpled sheets,stinking pillows and smoking in the main kitchen, and dogs in the kitchen too...
The room shown was in need of a clean, as the previous person who stayed there had left bits on the floor and a few large toe nail clippings, and even when vacuumed up they were still there. There was a dirty sink to wash in and the communal Bathroom was filthy too....
Breakfast was ok....Table cloths were not ironed,
We went out and bought 2 pillows as i could not of used they ones in the room and a set of sheets and pillow cases....and parking nearby is £10.00 on top for 24 hrs...street parking few and far between...... and thison top of the room too....
THIS IS NOT CHEAP, AND NOT CHEERFUL.......

Room Tip: no wifi and no lift
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank laineyw999
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2013

After having stayed at this hotel for 4 nights I must say I was constantly repeating myself saying 'I love this place' to my girlfriend. The place was just amazing from start to finish the owners were extremely welcoming and polite and were happy to help with anything we required (tea, coffee etc).

The room was a perfect size for me and my girlfriend to stay in. Considering that while staying there we only spent the night time in the room as during the day we were browsing around blackpool. Each morning we headed for breakfast with a wide selection of cereals, juices and tea/coffee. We were offered full English breakfasts too which was outstanding on the taste scale.

I really enjoyed my stay there and would definitely be staying again in the future, in fact I have already made a booking for later on this year. I have recommended this place to several people already as I think it is a great value for money and location for everything. 10 out of 10 for results :)

• Stayed August 2013
Barnsley, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2013

We were given an attic box room with bunk beds, a sink and a wardrobe containing some one else's clothes.
We had to buy our own toilet paper as after the first day there was never any in the shared toilet. The used sanitary products left in the bins provided were never moved all week and the disposable shaver remained in the bottom of the shower for 2 days.
The owners were very friendly people and they did make us feel at home, they even kicked some one out who entered my room to go through my hand bag, but the lack of sleep due to the constant noise of the gulls breeding on the building behind us and the numerous barking dogs was just too much for us.

Room Tip: Do not have a room in the back as this is where the bus station building is, where all the gulls gat...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple