“Never again”

Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Never again”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

When first arrived thought it was little run down but learnt to not judge book by its cover so went up play bowling after just one set lane stoped working went to desk said they will sort it after another set each ball got stuck at end of lane so went to desk sort it after this time it said we finished game when only had 2sets went to desk again to sort got in argument with manager saying that I had full game in the end he reset the game but with an old game with different number of people thought we played for it might as well Bowel while we had pins just before finished game lane decided to block pins while ball was half way down lane and register as gutter ball at this we decided to leave never again. this is one time that the book is worse than the cover

1 Thank Katie G

Blackpool, United Kingdom
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Very dated”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

Youngest wanted to try bowling, rather than using the wii. Haven't been there in years and it is still the same, Dark and dreary. Took a few attempts to get the lane to work. Not a great selection of balls. Far too heavy for a 5 year old but he did try. Toilets were disgusting water leaking out of one all over the floor, no soap in the dispensers and the hand dryer wasn't working. We could have done something better for £25.00 and less than 2 hours. Needs a huge revamp to bring it into 2014. He has been now and we wouldn't go back.

1 Thank nicola c
Blackpool
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Run down, dated and poor staff”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

We went here with 3 children aged between 3 and 6. Yes I admit they had fun but from a parents view it was awful. We waited 10 minutes and then had to search for a member of staff. My son slipped on a wet floor that had no wet floor signs, after 10 mins a member of staff finally came over with a bucket of ice cubes to stop the swelling on his back. The toilets need to be closed and renovated. The balls constantly got stuck. It had an overall feel of run down, dirty and dated, it needs a good clean, to be updated and to be run by better staff who provide good customer service and know their health and safety.

Shotts, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Dirty balls wasted sons clothes”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

Visited here on holiday with the family pins kept getting stuck and falling down had to get the lane sorted on several occasions , place was old and done cost over £6 for 4 drinks , then to top all this off after finally finishing the game we noticed our hands and my sons clothes were dirty and oily this was coming from the balls as we were on holiday I was inane to wash his clothes until we returned home , as u imagine the oil never came out brand new top wasted , I decided to contact the company who took 2 days to respond with a nice apology and a gesture of a free game however no mfa bowling in Scotland I replied to this email and 6 days later I'm no further forward 3 emails with no reply never again .

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Turkeylove1
Blackpool, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Terrible, get the old bowling back.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

First bowl is horrible. I had the worse time ever, to start with the stuck up staff who look down at you, then the price list you don't get your money's worth, the lack of balls/ range of the bowling balls and also the bar, the bar did not have anything that I ordered and the woman didn't even know how to make any of the drinks .... So I ordered something else and she didn't even apologise OR a discount for not having anything what I ordered. Terrible

Visited April 2014