“Everything you need in a warm friendly atmosphere”
Review of The Wilton

The Wilton
The Wilton
Ranked #302 of 863 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 November 2013

I stayed here during the September weekend with my husband and our 2 children. On arrival June & Andy were very friendly and welcoming .... Our room was spotless and spacious for the 4 of us .... During our stay one of my children needed antibiotics, June very kindly offered to keep them stored in her fridge as well as cool blocks in the freezer everynight to keep the medicine cool during our long days out and about. The hotel is like a tardis - doesn't look big from the outside but is big when inside. My children enjoyed exploring the games room and preordering their breakfasts for the next day .... June and Andy were great with my children and went that extra mile to ensure we all had a pleasant and comfortable stay. I would recommend this hotel and will definitely be back in the future. It is situated a 2 minute walk to the promenade and beach but just far away enough from the bright lights of central Blackpool.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Niccmic

Reviewed 3 November 2013

I was in Blackpool for our Party Conference and the Wilton was best placed. A friendly welcome, first names and a relaxing atmosphere. The price was just right, breakfast was quality. Thanks and I will make a point of asking here first upon my next visit.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Keith M
Reviewed 21 October 2013

We were very warmly greeted on Arrival by June & Andrew, The room was lovely; tastefully decorated, and nothing was too much trouble. Most helpful with places to visit, and even recommended a couple of nice local establishments for eating. When we are next in Blackpool, this will be the first Hotel we will ring for our stay.
Thank you.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the Wilton hotel for one night with 2 friends. On arrival June and Andrew were very welcoming and friendly, they even went out of there way to help a friend who had booked into a different hotel which was a complete nightmare and offered her a room they use for family members. The hotel was very clean and rooms had everything u needed, very quiet at night and a lovely sleep had by all, breakfast was beautiful too and yet again June couldn't do enough for u and helped make the stay overall enjoyable, definately be returning.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 October 2013

I booked this hotel for 1 night to see the lights with my partner and 4 year old. From minute we got there June and Andrew made us feel welcome . Our room was lovely and clean and very cosy. We went out for tea and shopping and a walk to see the lights. Whwn we got back my fella wanted a drink in the bar, we sat with them chatting and they truly are a lovely couple. We slept well and got upto one of the best breakfasts I have ever had. Nothing is to much trouble and they included my son to. We will definitely be going back to stay next year :)

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Janine B
Reviewed 5 October 2013

A very warm welcoming helpful couple run this quaint guesthouse . My family and I visited Blackpool in August we enjoyed our stay very much , the next time we visit Blackpool we will definitely be staying at the Wilton again !

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Had a super two day break at The Wilton this weekend. Nothing was too much trouble for our cheerful hosts, who kept us well informed and fed us brilliantly. Rooms were clean, beds were comfortable and shower hot - great. We were just up from the prom and a tram ride (or in our case a walk) from the attractions, but we liked this as it was quiet at night.
The illuminations are spectacular but I would not attempt to drive along them at the weekend - it will take a very long time. It was much better on one of the heritage trams (especially if you have the patience to wait for the open top one) which leave as soon as the lights turn on - at 7:30 w/e 21st Sept - from outside The Pleasure Beach. It cost £5 but took an hour to travel the whole route and back. We arrived about 7 as the queues build up later on.
You won't see much if you try it on the ordinary trams as there is too much glare.
Do look at the water ballet, coordinated to "Singing in the Rain" just where the Heritage trams start and also the theatre d'amour near Central Pier.
If you are there on Friday 27th September there is a fantastic firework display at 8:30 at North Pier (it's each Fri in Sept)
We ate at The Grill, which is part of the Pleasure Beach Art Deco complex. The food and staff were lovely and the restaurant newly decorated. We also tried Toast, a local pizza/pasta house in the centre which served us good food by friendly staff.
We have nothing negative to say about our whole weekend and would wholeheartedly recommend this guest house - if you're not staying somewhere comfortable it can spoil your whole time away.

Room Tip: We had a room at the rear of the property so no road noise.