“So good I came here twice during a three day business trip”

The Taj Mahal Blackpool
Ranked #38 of 738 Restaurants in Blackpool
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
“So good I came here twice during a three day business trip”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I was here with 3 others and all of us were so happy with the food and service we came back the next night! I even asked for something that wasn't on the menu and they were more than accommodating and made my request! Nisa was superb!! This is one of the best curries I've ever had... And I freaking love a curry!!! See!!! (I'm welsh boyo).

2 Thank Ross E

West Bromwich Albion
“Best Indian Ever”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

The titles says it all, really tasty fresh herbs and spices great value for money , friendly staff and really clean.
I would advise you phone for a booking as it is very popular

Visited May 2014
2 Thank GeoffandZena
Iver, United Kingdom
“Great food at a great price”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Really good service despite being busy. No bar but you can take your own drinks which is a good way to save money! Nice food - can recommend the sheekh kebab starters!!

Visited June 2014
2 Thank gigglerweeze
York, UK
“Saved by the cavalry”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

No - not horsemeat. When I fetched up here on a wet Saturday evening about 6.30 the empty tables were all reserved. The manager was pretty emphatic that I would have to come back later, but one of her colleagues suggested we ask another solo diner if I could have a seat at her table of four covers. She kindly agreed - thank you, dear lady! - and I had a good meal and some pleasant conversation. The Taj also passed the 'lassi test' (they had mango lassi made by themselves, not from a plastic bottle). My only quibbles were that the three vegetarian dishes I ordered (all on the 'sides' menu, since there were not too many mains without meat or seafood) were all a little bland, but maybe that is because they are offered as 'sides'. The chapati was a little dry and disappointingly made with white flour rather than wholemeal atta, but overall a jolly good and filling meal and attentive service.

3 Thank polemonium
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Enjoyable evening”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Had a wonderful evening at the Taj Mahal whilst on a short break.
It was my wife's birthday and we were very well looked after - even had an Indian version of 'Happy Birthday". Service, food and general environment was good/very good. I had chicken tikka saag paneer and it was great, but if there was one small area for improvement, I'd say the prawns should be a firmer. My wife had a prawn biryani and I'm not sure if frozen prawns had been used? Otherwise very good.

1 Thank Edster21