We stayed here on New Years Eve and it was lovely, clean and comfortable. It was nice and we will return next time we want to stay in Blackpool .
One slight problem was that we went out for a walk in the afternoon and got very cold and wet - much to be expected in Blackpool in December. All we spoke about on the way back was how nice it wil be to get in the room and warm up in the shower. Sadly when we went for a shower only cold water came out. On complaining to reception a member of staff said 'I can only apologise, the pump has broke and it is being fixed'. Although we were pleased the problem was being looked at it was not good enough for us as we had to be ready for our gala dinner at 7pm so didn't have time to wait. We are not pushy people so just accepted the answer but it would have been a really nice gesture if the hotel gave us a free drink or knocked a bit of money off the bill.
The gala dinner was a bit cramped but that was not a problem when the drinks started flowing. It turned out to be a really fun night and great value for money. The food was nice. A Beatles tribute act played for a couple of hours followed by a disco, which was a good laugh. The guests were all nie people and in good spirits.
For four people who are normally in bed for 10pm we stayed up till 3am so I think that shows what a great time we had. Sadly with the hangovers we never managed to try the shower in the morning to see if it was warm.
It's a great place to stay so go and enjoy it - and I dare you to have go in the scary lift.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The beautifully refurbished Carousel is the highest AA rated 3 star hotel in Blackpool. Situated five minutes from Blackpool Pleasure Beach, the hotel is ideally located on the South Promenade, near to all of Blackpool’s attractions - but far enough away from the bustle of Blackpool's famous Golden Mile to offer a relaxing, refreshing and high quality experience. Our Cafe Bar 663 serves both breakfast and an extensive menu for all-day dining, alongside its bar facility and 24 hour room service. We have 22 family rooms all with DVD players and an extensive library of DVDs for the children available to loan with our compliments. The hotel also has nightly entertainment during the summer months alongside Cafe Bar kids activities, subject to seasonality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Expedia, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Carousel Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Carousel Blackpool Hotel Blackpool
- The Carousel Hotel Blackpool
- Carousel Hotel Blackpool