Just writing this review after a 4 day break in Blackpool. We booked a family room as we were travelling with our 5 year old daughter, the rooms are clean and of average size, our problem was that they only have a shower.....a very very tiny shower!! Our daughter will not have a shower at home and we have basically had to force her in there to wash, every hotel i have been to before when booking a family room has always had a bath. Also i suggest you pay the extra £40 to have a sea facing room, as ours was facing the * " car park" and the overflowing rubbish bins, not a pretty sight!! As i was referring to earlier....the "car park" holds about 6 cars max, which, when we were there was taken up by wedding party guests who were having their reception there, eh hello, paying guests here, we had to park at the end of the creepy alley & walk back!! We didnt eat at the restaurant as nearly £ 17 for a 2 course meal, which looks like it came from a 1980's menu, no thanks!! Had a meal from the bar, which was ok, pub grub. Selection of fruit juices 4 a starter?.. what??? Staff were ok, all young males who grunted at you each morning when u go for breakfast.....very professional!!! All in all, a very average hotel, very over priced for what they are offering. Oh, yes & please dont be fooled with the fact the hotel offers entertainment, its bingo......every night, with the odd 50,s & 60,s song chucked in.....mainly Patsy Cline or Patsy Cline!!! If u are travelling with young kids, i would certainly suggest another hotel, this hotel is totally aimed at people over the age of 70. Sorry, thats my opinion.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The beautifully refurbished Carousel is the highest AA rated 3 star hotel in Blackpool. Situated five minutes from Blackpool Pleasure Beach, the hotel is ideally located on the South Promenade, near to all of Blackpool’s attractions - but far enough away from the bustle of Blackpool's famous Golden Mile to offer a relaxing, refreshing and high quality experience. Our Cafe Bar 663 serves both breakfast and an extensive menu for all-day dining, alongside its bar facility and 24 hour room service. We have 22 family rooms all with DVD players and an extensive library of DVDs for the children available to loan with our compliments. The hotel also has nightly entertainment during the summer months alongside Cafe Bar kids activities, subject to seasonality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Stayforlong S.L., Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, getaroom.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Carousel Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Carousel Blackpool Hotel Blackpool
- The Carousel Hotel Blackpool
- Carousel Hotel Blackpool