All reviews pleasure beach family room stayed here toast one night lovely owners fab location lovely warm welcome fab breakfast flights of stairs no lift tea coffee my partner room was spotless bunk beds short break would stay again
Reviewed 6 December 2011

Stayed in a family room with my two boys. Was quite cold and pretty small but was very clean. Tv was perched pretty high and a struggle for kids to watch when getting ready to go out. Staff were friendly and engaging, Indian restaurant was my highlight very nice indeed. The breakfast also was really good in the morning. Nice games room with pool table for kids and large plasma tv. This is a great location for the pleasure beach and good value for money. I would recommend the onsite restaurant. You may have a bit of a wait for food, but it's worth it.

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank smiffyj
Reviewed 5 June 2011

Upon arriving at the hotel my husband and I received a warm, friendly welcome. We stayed in room number 7 which must be the smallest double room I have ever seen. It had a double bed, bedside table, small TV. kettle, tea and coffee and a small wardrobe which had a dressing mirror in it. There was, however, no chair to sit at to get 'made up'. The 'en suite' was the smallest we have ever seen and not at all practical. The mirror was too low and the sink (which was made higher by standing on a plinth of some sort) was so small that it was difficult to use. The shower which, yes you guessed it was small, made more of a trickle. My husband showered first in the morning and couldn't get any warm water. I, however, managed to have a warm shower. Perhaps this was because I was showering while everyone else was eating breakfast.

Talking of breakfast, this was served between 9-9:30am. The service was good and the food was tasty, however it would have been nice to be asked what we would like on our breakfast as I didn't want the fried egg, fried bread or bacon that was on my plate. On our second morning, my husband had to eat breakfast alone because we had to check out by 10:30am, therefore breakfast time was spent washing my hair and getting ready. If I had wanted breakfast I would have had to get up at about 8am in order to be ready on time. I believe holidays should be about relaxing and not getting up early, especially when noisy guests have kept you up half the night! My husband asked whether he could take a sausage sandwich or something easy upstairs for me, however the answer was NO! So I had nothing.

Unfortunately, noisy guests were a major problem during our stay. The walls were so thin, which was surprising considering the hotel is in an old terraced house. Adults and children were running around the hotel, and what sounded like jumping down the stairs, until around midnight each night. After finally getting to sleep after this, we were woken again around 4am when noisy clubbers returned. We could hear everything they said. We could also hear when the next room (in the building next door) plugged something in to the wall. That's how thin the walls were!

The room was quite clean however there was a cigarette box under the bedside table, indicating that the room was not cleaned thoroughly. Also, there were some stains on the bed sheets which isn't very pleasant to think about.

The hotel is in a good location, right next to the south pier and the pleasure beach. There is no hotel parking but, luckily, we managed to get parked right outside on the street.

We had a great time in Blackpool but wouldn't stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank HDH2010
Reviewed 8 May 2011

Booked this for me and the family for a short break over bank holiday weekend- reviews seemed very encouraging. Location is right next to the Pleasure Beach, owners are very pleasant, breakfasts are lovely. However, although our room was spacious and clean, I wouldn't agree with the reviews that rate this establishment as 4 or more out of 5. It seems to me that the owner has revamped the first 2 floors, but hasn't managed to complete the refurb on upper levels- we were on the top floor and the decor was definitely tired and 80's. I'd imagine that the owner uses the lower rooms usually, but rather than turn down business, will use the upper levels when necessary

• Stayed: April 2011
1  Thank MackemSpaz
Reviewed 1 November 2010

easy to find
verry clean/bright
verry friendly/helpful
exelent food & well presented
super value for money
have recomded to friends already

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank trikeitdixie
Reviewed 16 October 2010

a very welcoming hotel ideally placed for the Pleasure Beach and Sandcastle etc. We stayed with 3 children in a family room for one night.

The room and hotel was small but very clean. The bedding was spotless and the beds comfy. The breakfast was great with cereal and juice as well as the full english. How they managed all this for the price we paid I dont know!

Kass and Ollie the proprietors were very welcoming and embodied the true spirit of hostelry. Would happily recommend this hotel for a visit to Blackpool.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family