All reviews pleasure beach stayed here toast one night lovely owners double bed and bunk beds no lift brilliant location lovely little hotel lovely warm welcome fab breakfast flights of stairs tea coffee room was clean my partner short break night stay
Reviewed 5 June 2012

I stayed here with 3 other adults for 8 days, and the experience was awful. We stayed in a room with 1 double bed and 2 single beds, which seemed at the time of booking really acceptable. Once we arrived, and booked in,it was clean, but the room we was in was awful. It seemed that the owners had just put the beds in and put any old tat for storage space. There was only enough draws and cupboards for 2 people, so myself and my mother had to leave our belongings in our suitcases, which to me wasn't good enough, considering it supposed to accommodate 4 people!!!!.
My daughter's partner decided to come with us, but fortunately he stayed at a nearby hotel as this hotel was fully booked....... so we asked our proprietor if it was possible for him to come into the hotel at night for a drink, and they accepted. But halfway through the week, I was told abruptly, that he was no longer welcome....... i've never felt so humiliated in all my life !!!!!
We then decided that enough was enough, so we left earlier than anticipated, and stayed in the Hawkes hotel for the remainder of the week.

Room tip: Do not stop here if there's a group of you going, and for a lengthy time!!!!!!
Date of stay: October 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Gail W
Reviewed 6 December 2011

Stayed in a family room with my two boys. Was quite cold and pretty small but was very clean. Tv was perched pretty high and a struggle for kids to watch when getting ready to go out. Staff were friendly and engaging, Indian restaurant was my highlight very nice indeed. The breakfast also was really good in the morning. Nice games room with pool table for kids and large plasma tv. This is a great location for the pleasure beach and good value for money. I would recommend the onsite restaurant. You may have a bit of a wait for food, but it's worth it.

Date of stay: December 2011
1  Thank smiffyj
Reviewed 5 June 2011

Upon arriving at the hotel my husband and I received a warm, friendly welcome. We stayed in room number 7 which must be the smallest double room I have ever seen. It had a double bed, bedside table, small TV. kettle, tea and coffee and a small wardrobe which had a dressing mirror in it. There was, however, no chair to sit at to get 'made up'. The 'en suite' was the smallest we have ever seen and not at all practical. The mirror was too low and the sink (which was made higher by standing on a plinth of some sort) was so small that it was difficult to use. The shower which, yes you guessed it was small, made more of a trickle. My husband showered first in the morning and couldn't get any warm water. I, however, managed to have a warm shower. Perhaps this was because I was showering while everyone else was eating breakfast.

Talking of breakfast, this was served between 9-9:30am. The service was good and the food was tasty, however it would have been nice to be asked what we would like on our breakfast as I didn't want the fried egg, fried bread or bacon that was on my plate. On our second morning, my husband had to eat breakfast alone because we had to check out by 10:30am, therefore breakfast time was spent washing my hair and getting ready. If I had wanted breakfast I would have had to get up at about 8am in order to be ready on time. I believe holidays should be about relaxing and not getting up early, especially when noisy guests have kept you up half the night! My husband asked whether he could take a sausage sandwich or something easy upstairs for me, however the answer was NO! So I had nothing.

Unfortunately, noisy guests were a major problem during our stay. The walls were so thin, which was surprising considering the hotel is in an old terraced house. Adults and children were running around the hotel, and what sounded like jumping down the stairs, until around midnight each night. After finally getting to sleep after this, we were woken again around 4am when noisy clubbers returned. We could hear everything they said. We could also hear when the next room (in the building next door) plugged something in to the wall. That's how thin the walls were!

The room was quite clean however there was a cigarette box under the bedside table, indicating that the room was not cleaned thoroughly. Also, there were some stains on the bed sheets which isn't very pleasant to think about.

The hotel is in a good location, right next to the south pier and the pleasure beach. There is no hotel parking but, luckily, we managed to get parked right outside on the street.

We had a great time in Blackpool but wouldn't stay at this hotel again.

Date of stay: June 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank HDH2010
Reviewed 8 May 2011

Booked this for me and the family for a short break over bank holiday weekend- reviews seemed very encouraging. Location is right next to the Pleasure Beach, owners are very pleasant, breakfasts are lovely. However, although our room was spacious and clean, I wouldn't agree with the reviews that rate this establishment as 4 or more out of 5. It seems to me that the owner has revamped the first 2 floors, but hasn't managed to complete the refurb on upper levels- we were on the top floor and the decor was definitely tired and 80's. I'd imagine that the owner uses the lower rooms usually, but rather than turn down business, will use the upper levels when necessary

Date of stay: April 2011
1  Thank MackemSpaz
Reviewed 1 November 2010

easy to find
verry clean/bright
verry friendly/helpful
exelent food & well presented
super value for money
have recomded to friends already

Date of stay: October 2010