“fab 2 nights”

Grand Metropole Hotel
Ranked #70 of 73 Hotels in Blackpool
Reviewed 22 May 2013

what can i say hotel room was clean only thing the heating stays on about 1 hour , we stayed in a seaview room the windows need doing as the cold was coming in,
beds was ok we had a good nights sleep no idiots slamming doors, breakfast well it was hot nice bacon and sausages, eggs soft evening meals nothing wrong with them. why do people complain. i give you a tip upgrade it is alot better also pay £10 so you can get into your room before the coach partys come. the girls on the desk was fine very friendly.
some idiot said he would not give the food to is dog he wants to get a life

Room Tip: up grade if you can , also £10 so you can go into your rooms before 3pm to miss coach party queues...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
joepiper, General Manager at Grand Metropole Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2013

Dear Guest, many thanks for taking the time to post a review.

Your comments are very much appreciated and have been passed on to the Staff. Its good to get a balanced view on these matters.

I was delighted to read that your found your room and the Hotel to be clean and tidy and the staff to be helpful and friendly.

As you quite rightly say, some reviews can be wholly inaccurate and miss-leading.

We look forward to welcoming you back at some time in the future.

Reviewed 21 May 2013

We stayed at the Metropole for one night which was more than enough!! I can forgive the age of the hotel but the cleanliness no. The room was small but as i said it was for one night and for the convenience of the Winter Gardens where we were seeing a show. The bathroom had hair in the bath and the sheet on the bed had dirty marks on which we hadn't noticed until we were going to bed. We spoke to other residents the next morning who also made similar comments but one lady had a blood stained towel left in her room even after complaining to Reception. The breakfast itself was ok and basic. The staff on Reception were fine as were the staff in the dining room but housekeeping left a lot to be desired.

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to post your comment on Trip Advisor.

Please accept my apologies for those aspects of your stay that you were un-happy with.

Your comments about the disappointing elements of you stay have been de-briefed with the appropriate personnel and corrective action taken as necessary.

Again thank you for taking the time to give us this feedback, and apologies again that it was necessary to do so.

Reviewed 20 May 2013

This was the first time we stopped at this hotel; it could of been a lot better. The lifts were very confusing as it seemed they missed a floor. We got the lift to second floor, we had two wheelchairs and we had to carry them down a set of stairs to get to our room. The disabled facilities were awful and not accommodating at all. It was a very long walk to our room especially with wheelchairs and no lift to our floor! The waiters/waitresses were very unfriendly and unsociable, however the reception staff were better. The entertainment was good. We found it difficult to sleep as we were overlooking a night club, it was very loud till about 4am! There wasn't much of a selection of food for children, but it was ok for adults. On the plus side the location was good with tram access a short walk away and the showers were hot.

Room Tip: Bring earplugs if overlooking night club!!! Or ask for sea view; much quieter.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank shannon c
joepiper, General Manager at Grand Metropole Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2013

Reviewed 19 May 2013

The room was clean, that's the only good thing I can say about the place.
On arrival the deal I'd booked was not recognised by the reception staff who were reasonably polite but surly. The pricing mix up was resolved when I showed my confirmation but then they said they wanted paid up front! Extraordinary. I've never come across this before. They told me it was company policy but it was not in my confirmation. I ought to have left there and then but was in a hurry to get to my destination.

The rooms are basic beyond belief but were clean. At night the noise was incredible, revellers outside roaring until 4:00am!

This is a worn out, shambles of a hotel. Spare yourselves the agony and choose somewhere else.

• Stayed: May 2013
3  Thank imrmer

Reviewed 19 May 2013

stayed at this hotel on the 3rd/4th May 2013.
Room was a sea view which was lovely but it was cold and the hotel get to say when heating goes on and off..I feel this is wrong as I have paid them to stay in their hotel at a cost.
They also had the NYFYC in Blackpool so a lot of noise from them my advise do not go their when this is on.
Food was good, some reception staff rude but bar and restaurant staff nice.
I feel not worth the money I spent.
Blackpool was good but I will stay at this hotel again.

Reviewed 18 May 2013

Right by north pier.A cheap hotel [you get what you pay for],the staff were ok and polite,room was fine for one night,clean and tidy.
The entertanment for a two star hotel was great.The night we stayed we saw the resident entertanment team and thought them very good.All in all good value for money.

Thank T.C.22

Dear Guest, many thanks for taking the time to post a review.

We look forward to welcoming you back at some time in the future.

Reviewed 14 May 2013

We stayed at this hotel in March, during a cold spell on our first visit to Blackpool. I wished I'd spent more and stayed somewhere nicer! Staff a reception were mostly rude or unhelpful , but that appeared to be due to a shortage of staff and no management about to deal with complaints. The building interior is grubby and some areas smell damp, but it is the towns oldest hotel. We were allocated an internal room which faced onto a central well, so no view. The room had about a two feet either side of the bed, one side of which was up against the wall. The bed and room were clean. It was quite noisy and other residents TV's music systems and activities were very audible, even to partially deaf me. However this was not unexpected as the town attracts stag and hen groups. I did ask to change rooms, but it was not possible, apparently, as they were full. I did manage to get into one of the sea view rooms,( whilst the cleaners were in) which seemed a bit larger and had an impressive view.
The bed was uncomfortable, and sleep was difficult due to the noise. Breakfast was not over inspiring, but the catering staff were much more amenable than their colleagues. Food was plentiful, and kippers and other stuff was prepared if asked for. Entertainment was provided in the evenings, but was holiday camp type stuff, not my cup of tea, but at least they provided it. The bar was also uninspiring. We stayed three nights and paid £168 so it was cheap, but as a last minute booking, I wish I'd spent a bit more time researching it. The location is ideal for walking out into the town, Initially, it took some working out how to get into the car park which was crammed, and was almost impossible to get out of due to some other guests interpretation of considerate parking. Britannia Hotels really need to get to grips with this place, which could be much better, but fails on so many levels. I actually managed to get charged twice for our stay, although their accounts dept were quickly able to sort that out for me when I realised what had happened, so full marks there!

Room Tip: Insist on a sea view, which is quieter and avoid the internal well rooms
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
joepiper, General Manager at Grand Metropole Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2013