Grand Metropole Hotel
  • Restaurant
US$110
ibis Styles
  • Breakfast included
Clifton Court Hotel(Blackpool)(Great Value!)
US$82
The Cliffs Hotel(Blackpool)
US$112
TripAdvisor
3,960 results
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Was a one night stay but could only find one minor fault. That was the size of the wash hand basin in the bathroom. Room was very clean as was the rest of the hotel. Meals were good and as it was buffet style you could have as much or as little as you wanted. No complaints from us.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
joepiper, General Manager at Grand Metropole Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Dear Guest, many thanks for taking the time to post a review.

Your comments are very much appreciated and have been passed on to the Staff. Its good to get a balanced view on these matters. Sometimes one has to experience the Hotel for them selves rather than rely on dubious inaccurate reports.

I was particulaly pleased to read that you felt your room was clean and the and the food plentifull.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

The staff couldn't of been more helpful. The rooms were basic but clean. Entertainment was great but finished by around 9.30pm. But the food was awful, everything was luke warm.... Even the salad!! All meals were buffet style and kept under warming lights, everything either had a skin over it or it was dried out completely.

• Stayed: April 2014

Dear Guest, many thanks for taking the time to post a review.

Your good comments are very much appreciated and have been passed on to the Staff. Its good to get a balanced view on these matters. Sometimes one has to experience the Hotel for them selves rather than rely on dubious inaccurate reports.

For the areas that need attention I will ensure the Managers of those departments are briefed with your thoughts, particularly teh food in this instance.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

My wife and myself had a wee break just before Christmas. We stayed at The Grand Metropole Hotel. I knew this hotel from another occasion. I found out about it by asking in a shop if they knew any hotel that had smoking rooms. On that occasion we got a lovely sea view room. I forget how much the rooms were but it was good value.
On our latest stay I had given up the cigarettes. We got a double room but this time we were on the main road side and was a bit noisy but never the less we slept well.The hotel was full.
The breakfast was lovely as well. Self service. The staff were friendly and helpful.
We stayed there for 4 nights from 16th to the 20th December 2013.
It was a lovely rest. The bingo and entertainment was good as well.
I will stay there again but try and get a room with the sea view.
I'm sorry I'm only write this review now but I kept putting it off.
I'm sorry that I didn't take some photos of the hotel.
I always stay in Britannia Hotels when possible.

Room Tip: Go for the room with the sea view.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Fastract1

Dear Guest, many thanks for taking the time to post a review.

I was particulaly pleased to read that you felt the staff were pleasant and the food plentifull.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Stayed here for one night in April, The hotel is centrally located with plenty of bars and restaurants within walking distance. The room I had was en-suite with a view of the inner quad which was not a pretty sight but was of adequate size. The buffet breakfast was good with plenty of food available right up to 10am when it closed. The hotel is a little tired but represented great value at £27 a night and all staff were very friendly. I would stay again but for anything longer than a night would book a larger sea-view room.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
joepiper, General Manager at Grand Metropole Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed in the Grande Metropole from the 25th to the 28th. Very friendly staff and service. Mark and Geoff from the restaurant very helpful. Nice food and beautiful room 207. Clean bathroom and clean towels. Reception staff very willing to help. On the other hand, we expected linen to be changed everyday which wasn't. Building inside needs a touch up. Would definitely recommend to friends and family and would personally come back to this hotel over and over again!!!!!!!!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
joepiper, General Manager at Grand Metropole Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Dear Guest, many thanks for taking the time to post a review.

I was particulaly pleased to read that you felt teh staff were pleasant especially Mark and Geoff.