“Weekend”

Grand Metropole Hotel
Ranked #70 of 72 Hotels in Blackpool
“Weekend”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

I booked this hotel for a weekend away with my fiance. We had never stayed here before and looking at the reviews i was a bit worried. When we arrived we paid the rate stated for our room but was then told we had been upgraded to a suite room! The hotel decor was a little dated but the staff were friendly and we really enjoyed our stay! The hotel was close enough to all the local ammenities. I would recommend!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Siimone D
joepiper, General Manager at Grand Metropole Hotel, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear Guest, many thanks for taking the time to post a review.

Your comments are very much appreciated and have been passed on to the Staff. Its good to get a balanced view on these matters. Sometimes one has to experience the Hotel for them selves rather than rely on dubious inaccurate reports.

I was particulaly pleased to read that we awere able to upgrade you free of charge..

We look forward to welcoming you back.

General Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,250)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

After our disappointment at the imperial hotel we decided to try a weekend at the Metropole Blackpool we were given a suite which was called billy Butlin suite it was superb we had a great weekend everything was was fine and staff were brilliant nothing was to much trouble , we have now booked to go again cannot wait thank you Metropole

Stayed July 2014
joepiper, General Manager at Grand Metropole Hotel, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear Guest, many thanks for taking the time to post a review.

I was particulaly pleased to read that you thought that the Billy Butlin Suite was presentable.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Manchester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

Booked into the Metropole as a birthday treat for my partner...we couldn't book until 3pm then were given a room the size of a cupboard and not enough room to even walk around the bed!!..my partner went down to reception and asked for another room, we were given a lovely room with a sea view, this was the best thing about this hotel. The decor is very poor, the staff all walk about looking miserable and defiantly lacking in customer service. The breakfast is the worst breakfast ever..eggs look like they've come from joke shop , cups were dirty, staff unhelpful, we will not be staying here again. Stick to the smaller friendlier B&B...

Room Tip: Ask to be upgraded if not happy with room your given.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lesley B
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to post your comment on Trip Advisor.

Please accept my apologies for those aspects of your stay that you were un-happy with.

Your comments about the disappointing elements of you stay have been de-briefed with the appropriate personnel and corrective action taken as necessary.

Again thank you for taking the time to give us this feedback, and apologies again that it was necessary to do so.

General Manager.

Travellers are raving about these Blackpool hotels

Halifax, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

Having had to verbally make a complaint at the hotel on 2nd March this year I was then asked to complete a written questionnaire, adding my complaint in writing. I was very surprised to receive an email response from the manager thanking me for my positive feedback as they so often only hear about the negative and asking me to put something on tripadvisor!!! I have emailed the manager of this hotel on two occasions indicating that my feedback wasn't 'positive' and requesting Britannia Hotels' Complaints Procedure, no response, therefore, nothing positive can be said. This hotel is in such a good position and I guess you only get what you pay for but it's a shame that the management are so slack, obviously they don't treat complaints very highly.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
joepiper, General Manager at Grand Metropole Hotel, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear Guest, Thank you for your entry.

It is wholly un-true to say we do not treat complaints seriously. The fact that I am responding on this site is evidence of that. If you have asked me for the company procedure I will have given it to you.

If you want to e-mail me again on francis.sheridan@britanniahotels.com I will send it to you again.

Torquay, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

Disgustive smells dated furniture dirty run down bathrooms.
Had to change bedroom as my girlfriend was very upset. Will never go to this place. Needs tlc and hard work.
Horrible linen. The only good thing is the location was fab but image does no justice.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank ryandevon
joepiper, General Manager at Grand Metropole Hotel, responded to this review, 7 July 2014

Liverpool
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

Stayed at the Metropole in Blackpool this weekend for the first time and I was surprised.

I work in Blackpool and had a last minute invite to Viva showbar (which is amazing) so I decided to stay over. The Metropole was the cheapest hotel coming up when I searched online and is centrally located so I booked it thinking 'it's just a bed for a night'.

In case you didn't know there are 3000 hotels on one side of the street in Blackpool and the Metropole is the only one on the other side of the tram tracks.

Actually I've stayed in hotels that cost four or five times what I paid at the Metropole and they've been inferior.

Sure it needs doing up - it's nearly 250 years old - but my room was clean, it was quiet and it is about the closest hotel when having a night out in Blackpool.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Dear Guest, many thanks for taking the time to post a review.

I was particulaly pleased to read that you thought that we were offering value for money.

We look forward to welcoming you back next year.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

if you don't mind a dirty room,windows,flaky paint on the walls and ceilings,dirty carpets,sub standard food, you wont mind staying here.
I think a youth hostel would be a lot better,we paid £90 for 2 nights b and b, credit card charge,and £6 parking costs, plus £20 for two 3 course evening meals, a thick soup made of liquidized veg from the day before,3 pieces of stewing steak with a small square of flaky pastry on top,frozen veg,oven chips,and a piece of cheap gateaux from Iceland. Please don't try the tea and coffee.2 bad 2 drink!
the only good thing is the staff.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family