Grand Metropole Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
The Cliffs Hotel(Blackpool)
  • Restaurant
US$110
ibis Styles
  • Breakfast included
Clifton Court Hotel(Blackpool)(Great Value!)
US$82
US$154
US$141
Travelocity
3,960 results
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We found the hotel to be very disappointing. As the "Grand Metropole Hotel" I was expecting a higher standard than staying in a dated room with a mouldy bathroom. It would of been nice to be able to see out of the windows clearly or even be able to shut the bathroom on the night to block out the on going nightlife. Breakfast was more than disappointing, toast that was like rubber and rather than a full serving tray of bacon there was a full serving tray of grease and bacon rind. Tea/coffee facilities great if you only want 1 cup of tea or coffee each. We had to go out and buy our own tea bags. Parking is a game of first come first served but then trying to get out of your parking space was close on impossible. Overall the hotel needs to be updated, cleaned with continuous good house keeping. Very, very disappointed !!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
joepiper, General Manager at Grand Metropole Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to post your comment on Trip Advisor.

Please accept my apologies for those aspects of your stay that you were un-happy with.

Your comments about the disappointing elements of you stay have been de-briefed with the appropriate personnel and corrective action taken as necessary.

Again thank you for taking the time to give us this feedback, and apologies again that it was necessary to do so.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

I have just returned from staying at the above hotel. I had a lovely sea view room which was spotlessly clean and had plenty of hot water. The food was good and the entertainment was excellent. The hotel is in a great position for enjoying all that Blackpool has to offer. It is within walking distance of the tower, the winter gardens, the north pier and the shopping centre. The bus and tram stops are right outside so it makes it easy to get around. This was my eleventh visit and I look forward to visiting for my twelfth.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 426dh69

Dear Guest, many thanks for taking the time to post a review.

Your comments are very much appreciated and have been passed on to the Staff. Its good to get a balanced view on these matters. Sometimes one has to experience the Hotel for them selves rather than rely on dubious inaccurate reports.

I was particulaly pleased to read that you lifound your room to be spotlessly clean.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Would never stay again, booked over 6weeks prior in staying. (booked 2 rooms)2 weeks before staying I rang to make sure the 2 rooms that I paid £300 in total were a non smoking room and spoke to a lady on reception and when we arrived one room was a smoking room. receptionist wasn't wanting to to change, but I sed I'm not moving until we get a non smoking room. receptionist was very rude!reductionly she managed to change it. for the price the room is tiny! hairs in the bed, dirty bathroom, carnt even open the bedroom window and no bathroom window. and overall horrible! will never stay here again and I will make surepeople won't stay here. I carnt wait to go home

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank AlexandraRobinson21

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Not grand really. Whole hotel needs some TLC. Food very poor. Our family room had only a single wardrobe. Not even a hook on the door to hang a coat - this could so easily be rectified. Bed linen, although clean, looked as if a very hot wash would have done it good. Having said that the location is perfect, the evening entertainment was very good -and, although the cubicle was on the small side, the shower was first class. Reception staff friendly and helpful. Not sure we would stay there again though, but it was good to be within walking distance of most attractions.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Jose W

Reviewed 8 August 2014

I got a very good deal on a single room at this hotel. Based on this, all was pretty fine. Room was clean, as was the bathroom. The shower was amazing, with plenty of hot water, and had great pressure. There was room to leave your suitcase open on the floor at the end of the bed. With room to manoeuver, without tripping over it. Breakfast was also included in the price, although I didn't have any so can't comment on it. Is it tired looking? Yes. Has it seen better days? Yes. My room was at the back, looking onto tram lines. But, I wasn't in it that long, and it served it's purpose.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Dear Guest, many thanks for taking the time to post a review.

I was particulaly pleased to read that you liked your shower.

We look forward to welcoming you back.