“Friendly atmosphere, fine food, owners go out of their way to please.”
Review of Pembroke Hotel

and 1 more site!
Pembroke Hotel
Ranked #54 of 863 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 April 2011

The hotel is perfect for me, the owners are friendly and create a great atmosphere, flat screen tv, free WiFi,excellent food and plenty of it, location is ideally situated on north shore, its quiet so you get a good nights sleep, about 100metres from the promenade, this is our 8th year staying at pembroke and wouldn't bother looking anywhere else for our blackpool trips.

• Stayed: April 2011
MichaelHiggins, Owner at Pembroke Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2011

THANK YOU very much for your kind words.

We look forward to welcoming you for another 8 years as well?

Many thanks

Reviewed 16 April 2011

best place to stay in Blackpool, rooms clean, well decorated & very comfortable, all meals lovely, atmostphere great, owners of hotel both lovely, very helpful & make you feel very welcome.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
MichaelHiggins, Owner at Pembroke Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2011

Thank you for your recent review for the Pembroke Hotel, Blackpool.

I am pleased that you noticed the upgrades we have made to the guest accommodation and that you enjoyed your holiday in Blackpool.

As always, thank you for your custom and we hope to welcome you again soon in the not to distant future.

Reviewed 15 April 2011

We have just arrived home, all 18 of us, after enjoying a fab 'Spring Saver' at The Pembroke. I have to compliment both Michael & Alan on the lovely rooms which this year had new beds, duvets, a choice of pillows and beautiful linen.
As usual the food was lovely, especially the steak pie & bread/butter pudding, which went down a treat with the house doubles!!!
We look forward to our next trip and would recommend The Pembroke to anyone thinking of visiting Blackpool.

Room Tip: Situated at the North Shore end of Blackpool
  • Stayed: April 2011
MichaelHiggins, Owner at Pembroke Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2011

It was a pleasure to have given you exclusive use of our Guest House for your recent family reunion.

I'm glad the food went down a treat with your family - you can't beat good old fashioned home cooking!

Thank you for taking the time to review our Guest House and look foward to welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed 2 February 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Pembroke a couple of weeks ago. We had stayed there before a few times, and we will certainly be going back again.
Michael and Alan (owners) make you feel so welcome, nothing is too much trouble for them.The hotel lounge is lovely, with a massive flat screen TV and loads of comfy chairs to relax in. We were in bedroom 9, and it was really superb. Very clean, very warm and with every extra you could ever want. The food at the Pembroke is very good. All home cooked and served in a lovely dining room.
The Pembroke really is a superb hotel in a nice quiet location.
Brilliant, we will definately be back ! ! !

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
MichaelHiggins, Owner at Pembroke Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2011

You better be back! lol

Glad you liked the upgrades to your bedroom. I think the new 22" DVD TV's in the bedrooms are a great addition and a good size for the rooms - not to big.

Glad you enjoyed your stay this year and we look forward to welcoming you again next Pigeon Weekend.

Reviewed 9 October 2010

Better than being at home.Alan and Michael look after everyone brilliantly.Long walk from the tower but get a tram pass and hop on and off wherever you want.We look forward to next year.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 September 2010

I have just got back from 3 nights at the Pembroke and wow, what a hotel! On arrival I was made to feel very welcome by Micheal and Alan, treated to a cuppa and once I'd finished my bag was waiting for me in my room.

I was staying in the single bedded room, which for a single room is very spacious, the bathroom was huge! The room was very clean and comfortable, with everything you expect and more!

I had only booked B&B, the breakfast were lovely and fresh, you could tell they'd used quality ingredients and not the cheap stuff! After breakfast you can enjoy toast with a selection of homemade jams and preserves. I enjoyed it so much I asked if I could have the evening meal there on my last night, as with every request you may want to make, this was absolutely no trouble to them and I enjoyed a lovely home made meal,

The location of the hotel is spot on, in a quieter area north of Gynn Square, however when you do want the noise its only a short tram/bus ride away.

One word of advice if you want to stay in this hotel, book early! It's a very popular hotel and has a lot of regular bookings. Despite travelling on my own, I was made to feel very welcome. Its almost like you are actually staying at Alan & Micheal's home.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 August 2010

Just a brief confirmation that this small hotel is the best in Blackpool and you will not get better food or service anywhere in the town. It is spotlessly clean, the breakfasts are quality and the welcome impressive and personal. The rooms have everything you would expect in a 4* hotel yet this is a 4 rosette guest house. The owners even took me to the airport (all part of the service) although I have been going to the Pembroke for several years.

If you want the best this is the place to go.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo