“poor experience”

Tiffany's Hotel Blackpool
Ranked #38 of 73 Hotels in Blackpool
Reviewed 10 April 2012

We satayed 1st to 6th april. We booked in and found our view was over a flat roof at the back of the hotel onto broken bottles etc. We were given some keys at reception to other rooms and told to choose one!. We have dietary requirements and checked at the time of booking that these could be met. We checked again a few days before arrival and again at time of booking in. We were told yes no problem. First meal the dinner staff, including the chef, knew nothing and we had to make do with what we could have from the set menu. Second night same story. third, fourth and fifth night chef made us something but we had to wait and had to eat on our own after the rest of our party had left. The wardrobe door fell off one day, and the next morning the entire bathroom ceiling fell, hitting my wife. It was put back up but through all of this we did not see any management and were not even offered any sort of appology. I have complained via the hotels "contact us" section on the website and to date have recieved no answer.

Room Tip: view rooms first.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank graeme j
HowardC23, General Manager at Tiffany's Hotel Blackpool, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2012

Dear Guests,

I was surprised to read your review on your recent stay with us. I was on duty all week and nobody mentioned such an incident in the bathroom. I checked in the maintenance book and the reception diary where we list dietary requirements but nothing was listed there also.
If you would have informed me when you were in the hotel and not after you left on Tripadvisor then i would have sorted any problems you had immediately.
I do hope you come again in the future. if you contact me personally I will supervise your stay.
Kind regards,
Howard.G.Crump MIH

Reviewed 9 April 2012

Tiffany's is a good traditional middle class family hotel, a dying breed in the resort. Staff (Particularly Heather and Lyn) were helpful and attentive even though Family committments interferred with the holiday. Food, facilities and location were good. Due to the size and age of the hotel, rooms do vary and once the vaction was resumed encountered one, I was moved that night to the best hotel room I have had in Blackpool this centuary, it was clean, modern and tidy and I wold strongly recommend this hotel since £ for £ was superior to others in a higher grade on the coast.

Room Tip: If you think the room is poor ask and and the staff will be happy to help!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
HowardC23, General Manager at Tiffany's Hotel Blackpool, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2012

Dear Guests,

WOW, thank you so much for your fabulous review and comments about Tiffany's Hotel. I was delighted to read it.
Please say hello when you stay next as I would like to thank you personally.
Kindest regards,

Howard.G.Crump MIH

Reviewed 31 March 2012

well cant believe some of the bad reviews im sure half of them are from other hoteliers that feel the tiffanys is competition because i visit regular and never had problems only once i found the room a bit too small and immediately the manager sorted it and gave me and my elderley mother a new room.food is great one of best in blackpool and entertainment is second to none i feel tripadvisor personally should have proof of negative reviews before posting them as some is just made up rubbish from cheap competitors peoples buisnesses are at stake!!!!!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Elaine S
Reviewed 23 March 2012

Having stayed at Tiffany's for New Year in the past, a family group of 14 of us went there for between 2 and 7 days for my wife's 60th birthday in 2012. We visited the hotel in October 2011 and the manager spent almost 2 hours with us showing us round and sorting out all the rooms we needed. The week went brilliantly and the staff looked after us all, from children to pensioners from the moment we arrived. They were really friendly and couldn't do enough. What a special week they made for us.

Room Tip: Being on the sea front the sea view rooms can be a little noisy but are overall the best.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 March 2012

Much enjoyed my visit, plus the dancing and entertainment at the attractively refurbished Tiffany's Hotel. Well presented lounges/dining room together with comfortable bedroom with up to date TV were all part of an enjoyable and very good value holiday experience. Staff were both friendly and attentive. Christine

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
HowardC23, General Manager at Tiffany's Hotel Blackpool, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2012

Dear Madam,

Thank you for your review. I am so pleased you enjoyed your dancing holiday wtih us at Tiffany's Hotel. It was nice to see you all dancing around the Crystal Ballroom!
I look forward to being able to welcome you back again in the future.

Kind regards,

Howard.G.Crump

Roy Lawrence
We stayed at this hotel for two nights starting on Friday 16 March 2012. We found the staff helpful and courteous. The food was very good and they even provided a packed lunch if needed which had to be paid for. We were quite happy with the service. The room was of a reasonable size and was warm enough but could have been cleaner. We found the beds rather hard and didn't sleep very well the first night but slept a lot better the second night There was a problem with the cold water tap on the sink which was stiff and went from no flow to quite a good flow. I would say I liked the food best but the biggest problem was with lifts. One was waiting to be replaced and the other we only got to uses on arrival. This could have been because the inner gate wasn't being shut properly or some other reason. This meant a lot of climbing stairs. I would be happy to go there again

Room Tip: Check things are working properly in the bathroom.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Guests,

Thank you for your kind review regarding your recent stay with us at Tfffany's Hotel.
I am so pleased you enjoyed your break with us and the service and food you received.
I look forward to being able to welcome you back again in the near future.

Kindest regards,

Howard.G.Crump

Reviewed 21 March 2012

we stayed here on 16th of march 2012. the hotel is a disgrace its dirty and in need of a good make over. the wall in our room was crumbling all over the carpet. the bedside drawer fronts were off. the carpets are all stained as were the dining room chairs. the waiters were just useless i would suggest the ownwer of the hotel splash out some cash ans give them a pen and notepad then maybe customers wont wait 2 hours to get 2 courses. Would never stay at this place again

Room Tip: dont choose any room
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank dave s
HowardC23, General Manager at Tiffany's Hotel Blackpool, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2012

Dear Sir,

I find your comments very exagerated. If you had a problem why not speak to the Manager I was on all weekend 10 hours a day I would have sorted any problems you had immeidatiely.
We serve in the restaurant a minimum of 5 courses and service is from 6 - 7.30pm, so how you say you had to wait 2 hours for 2 courses - I think this is slightly exagerated.
If you look at the majority of reviews on here lately they say how clean the hotel is.

It is not possible to assist a guest iwht any complaints they may have after they have left the building, and post a bad review as it does not give us the opportunity to rectify the situation.

I do hope you will come and try us again in the future.

Yours faithfully,