““Thank you for a lovely stay””

Tiffany's Hotel Blackpool
Ranked #37 of 70 Hotels in Blackpool
London, United Kingdom
““Thank you for a lovely stay””
Reviewed 5 June 2012

It is not often I take the time out to comment, but I must recommend this hotel and all its staff highly, for this hotel is definitely worth the money. It is in a good location right in front of the promenade and a short walking distance from Blackpool tower.

I recently stayed here as part of a very large group and to be honest I found the hotel better than I had anticipated. Having read many of the comments posted here, I never expected to be staying at a posh hotel. If you came with very high expectations than you will always find faults here and there.

This was a clean reliable hotel, the staff in the restaurants were beyond polite, helpful and friendly and the evening entertainment was most enjoyable. Since most in our group were vegetarians, the hotel laid out a vegetarian meal plan over our four day stay. This was well appreciated and thanks to the Howard Crump (GM) for going out of his way to provide such a wide choice.

We had a superb break blessed with some very fine weather.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
HowardC23, General Manager at Tiffany's Hotel Blackpool, responded to this review, 12 June 2012
Dear Guests,

Thank you so much for your lovely review on Tripadvisor regarding your large group booking from London. It was an absolute pleasure meeting you all and we really enjoyed looking after your party over the weekend.
We all look forward to welcoming you back to Tiffany's Hotel next year.

Kindest regards,

Howard.G.Crump MIH

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (440)
Leigh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 June 2012

I am currently sat in the hotel bedroom. What a terrible state this hotel is in. Staff rude and could not care less. So much for a celebratory weekend for the jubillee. I now have a full page in my diary of faults which require attention. Asked for the manager, told he not here. Put your comment in writing. Food terrible, service poor. Bedroom old and in need of new furniture. My bed is on a plank of wood for the legs to sit on. Shower is a plastic hose that I have to put on taps. (Reminds me what my grandmother had about 50 years ago). Bedroom opposite our room is a junk bedroom full of old beds, tables, wardrobes with the ceiling falling in, Surely this is a health and safety adn fire hazard. I now wait and see if I can talk to the manager tomorrow, when I believe he is back at the hotel. So many complaints, everyone you talk to and each time you pass reception complaints are pouring in.

Very dissatisfied, this was a special treat. Never again. Since last yeasr this hotel has deteriated to a very unsatisfactory state.

Cheryl

Room Tip: Would not recommend anyone to stay here.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
7 Thank cheryl P
HowardC23, General Manager at Tiffany's Hotel Blackpool, responded to this review, 4 June 2012
Dear Guest,
I was dissapointed to read your review after talking to you this morning. You did not give me the opportunity to deal with your comments by seeing me on check out. I could have ironed out any problems you had if you would have spoken to me earlier.
We had nearly 200 guests in this weekend and we did not have a stream of complaints as you mention in your review. The store room you mentioned is now locked. We did not recieve any other complaints about the food or service as you mentioned as we log any customer comments in the Restaurant diaryand there were no other complainted made.
I do hope you return to us again in the future.
Kind regards,

Howard.G.Crump MIH

Travellers are raving about these Blackpool hotels

Blackpool, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 May 2012

we had a very enjoyable evening, in the crystal ballroom at Tiffanys for our bi-annual darts presentation. The food was very well presented and served. Howard the hotel manager was always very helpful. everyone that attended the evening said it was a brilliant venue and would return again or use it for a private event. Thank-you Tiffanys for a great night xx

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 May 2012

I was shocked at how the web site and brosure looked compared to the hotel its self and yes it looks fine from outside but rooms are not up to standard and furthermore meals were all warm most of the comments are correct and how the manager can say different is not right he knows some of his staff are rude and meals not fir for 2012 buffet service is cheap labour way.
the management try hard but they should be honest and say they are straggling with the All Seasons Hotels in Administration and also in a CVA with the both hotels and the parisienne is for sale so be honest....
Yes the new ballroom is nice but should have spent in the the rooms and food so come on get it right or get out.
Standards low for someone with a MIH maybe they should visit and see the Hotels.

Room Tip: another hotel till new owners invest in this one....
6 Thank johnbhoy_12
somerset
Reviewed 24 May 2012

Stayed at this hotel for long weekend.Got to say this was an experience never to be forgot.
On arrival the hotel looks ok from the outside but "Never judge a book by its cover"
After checking in we were told to take the lift well this was a joke,think it was pre war.dont know if the disabled would ever be able to use it as its morelike a goodslift not passenger lift.
Room was very small with stains all over carpets.needed a good clean.
On the first morning we were woken up at 8 0 clock by reception telling us to move our car because another guest needed to get out (even though they had our keys).when i got downstairs i was greeted by the receptionist telling me "youve taken your time this gentleman wants to get his morning paper".needless to say i wasnt happy.
Breakfast was buffet but was only warm not hot .wanted some bacon but had to wait about 20mins for the chef to cook somemore.not a good start to the day !!
Went to evening meal at there quietest time.told to sit on another table as other guest were already sitting on our table.we were totally ignored by the waitress for 1/2 hr.drawing this to restaurant manangers attention we were told "can't you see we are busy". They were certainly not busy perhaps incompetant! We asked to see the hotel manager and were directed to Reception, who couldn't care less and told us "We're not paid enough to take flack from customers". Saw Hotel Manager on checkout, who promised to look into things,not to our satisfaction and hasn't replied to our subsequent letter. so obviously he doesnt care along with his staff.
If your looking for a hotel in blackpool do yourself a favour look elsewhere !!!!!!

Room Tip: dont book here !!!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
7 Thank SomersetMassive
HowardC23, General Manager at Tiffany's Hotel Blackpool, responded to this review, 25 May 2012
Dear Guest,
I was surprized to read your review as I have already dealt with you and refunded the cost for your dinner, so why did you say I have not replied to you.
You were informed that we requested for you to move your car as the receptionist on duty did not drive, and she did not say what you wrote!
You exagerate your comments throughout your review, for example saying you waited 20 minutes for bacon at breakfast. The longest you waited was 5 minutes while it was finishing cooking! You were rude and abusive to our reception staff shouting at them, so hence the receptionists comments. I did reply to you,and refund the money for your dinners.
We do not appreciate reviews that are mis informed and exagerated.

Yours truly,

H.G.Crump MIH
Congleton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 May 2012

Room was very knocked about, bedside cabinate was missing its draw. Dressing table started life as brown wood but had been amateurishly painted white which was peeling off. Carpet and walls had various stains. The most vile pink bathroom suite I have ever seen, no shower. Window had peeling paint and the lock had broken. Given it was a 1st floor room this did represent a security issue.
Tried to have a quiet drink in bar but could not hear myself think once the "entertainment" started. Had to walk out.
Meals were at set times with staff excluding guests from even entering the dining room before set time. Gave the feeling of queuing for school diners. Food was OK but not great.
To summerise wild horses would not drag me back to this dump. Also beware of some of the good reviews as there is a sign in reception saying all good reviews on trip advisor would be entered into a draw to win a free weekend. As you can gather I do not want another night there even if it was free.

Room Tip: As for a different hotel.
5 Thank Mike M
Kenilworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 May 2012

We were 64 dancers making it our second year visiting Tiffany's Hotel for a dance weekend in their delightful Crystal Ballroom together with a visit to the Tower Ballroom on one night. Very good food and excellent value for money. Even better when the new lift is in operation. The General Manager will do anything to please.

Room Tip: Pay a little extra and have a room with a sea view
Dear Dancers,

It was fabulous to see old faces and new at your recent dance break here at Tiffany's Hotel.
It was nice to look after such a great group of people.
I am so pleased you enjoyed your dancing in the Crystal Ballroom and your Saturday night at The Tower Ballroom.
I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Kind regards,