“value for money”

Tiffany's Hotel Blackpool
Ranked #38 of 73 Hotels in Blackpool
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Went with some trepidation as wasn't all that keen on Blackpool, travelled with blackpool promotions who's coaches and drivers were very good. The hotel was clean and menu's good
with something for everyone, all staff were very pleasant and attentive. We had a broken shower door which was sorted on the day we reported it. Only problem we had was paying extra for a sea view and double glazing was so misted between panes it was not a very clear view.

Room Tip: Ask to see room first and during hot weather with windows open there is a lot of traffic noise.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,597)

Reviewed 16 July 2013

We went to the Tiffany's Hotel on the 12TH July 2013 to the 15TH July 2013. There were 5 adults and 1 child, we booked the break for my father- in- laws 80TH Birthday.
My Mother and Father- in- law arrived at the hotel first and were told that my son aged 14 should have been classed as an adult when I booked the break. On the day i booked the break I told the lady my youngest childs' age and she said she would book him in as a child, so this was not my fault. When I got there I found the receptionist to be very rude, insisting that we should have paid an adults price for a 14 year old, The age of being an adult is getting less and less, Ok, I understand that teenagers do eat a bit of food but at the end of the day you should not be greeted in that nature. In the end she said it was their mistake and that was it.
We were given rooms 106 and 207 and our keys which came on a big piece of hard plastic hard to fit in your pocket.
We went in our room at 2pm the doors to the room are very heavy to open, In the room it was a very old looking tiled ceiling, rotting window frame and beds that have started to fray. The bathroom was small, with cracked floor tiles and a loose toilet roll holder, The walls needed a lick of paint, The shower was very small. The pillows on the bed looked liked they had been in the washing machine no bounce in them at all. There was tea and coffee making facilities for which there was no milk. I had to ask the Cleaner for some she only gave me two.
I had a look at my father- in- laws room which looked much better than our room apart from the window that he could not open properly and pillows on the bed.

We went to dine in the evening, the service and the food on the first day was excellent.

We then went in the entertainment room, There was no bingo on Friday, I heard a few people complain that they were not happy that bingo was not on. My son wanted to play pool so we went to the desk and asked for the pool cues, the receptionist said its a £5 deposit for the cues and then its 50p to play. I gave her £5 and then went in the room where the pool table was, There is also a table tennis table/arcade machines/Pinball/Darts Board which all need modernizing, The pool table is ripped and cost £1 a game which I think is too much for a hotel to charge. The entertainment on Friday was good it was two singers.

The second day

The Breakfast was Excellent, choice of cereal, juices and full buffet cooked breakfast.

I asked the receptionist could they change the pillows which she made a note of, We then went for a day out in Blackpool. On our return to the hotel we went to our room and noticed the pillows had not been changed and also no milk. I went to reception again and the receptionist said she would bring them up in 5 minutes which she did, The pillows were more or less the same.

Saturday Evening meal ---- Service was very bad, we were waiting too long for orders to be taken, we were offered no water etc. The meals were very good apart from the kitchen running out of cheesecake in the middle of service. There were also a lot of kids running around upstairs in the Wedding Room above the restaurant, all you could hear is thud, thud, thud which is very unpleasant when you are having a relaxing meal. I understand it was a Wedding/Wedding Reception which was taking place in the hotel but even so.

Saturday Entertainment---- Very Very Poor, No bingo again and nothing going on till 930PM at which time there was a duo on, Bop duo male/female, there was no Compere so they were having to introduce themselves etc, I was told there was an entertainments manager, but we had never seen him apart for 15 minutes at the beginning of that night selling raffle tickets to win a teddy. There was more people in the concert room on Saturday than there were on Friday night and they were all getting really annoyed that nothing was going on. Surely if you are a entertainments manager your job is to entertain the hotel guests. And if you choose your days off you do it when you are more quiet and not at weekends.

Sunday Breakfast excellent as normal.

Sunday Evening --- Service again was poor a bit better than Saturday but not much, The food was not the best I have ever had the lasagne was not very good and the Apple pie was a absolute joke, no apples in the filling, everyone complained apparently it was a different chef, but surely other people Ie Restaurant manager should be checking the quality of food going out to guests.

Sunday Entertainment was ok, the entertainments manager did 40 minutes on an organ, he went off stage after this and then had to shout the bingo and even introduce himself, he was a good artist.

Monday Morning Breakfast Execellent again

What are my main points about this hotel?

Tiffanys Hotel have done lots of advertising with a logo Enjoy the difference at Tiffanys!

My Question is:- What is the difference between this and other Hotels in Blackpool? Well from a personal point of view, in other hotels there are better decorated rooms, sufficient tea/coffee, sugar and milk, bigger bathrooms and smaller keyrings suitable to fit in a pocket, better entertainment and reception staff with a much more polite attitude and food is up to scratch at all times and there is always someone on hand should you need to speak to them during the evening in the concert room and suitable and reasonably priced games room facilities.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Richard M
HowardC23, General Manager at Tiffany's Hotel Blackpool, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2013

Dear Guests,

Thank you for posting such a very detailed review on your stay with us at Tiffany's Hotel.
I would just like to explain some of the questions you made as follows:-
The large plastic key fobs are so guests hand them ion and don't put them in their pocket where they are lost when outside the building quite often. We also then know who is in and who is out of the hotel. This assists us in Fire Evacuation should the need occur.
We do not play bingo at the weekend as generally there is a younger clientèle staying at weekend and when we used to play it all we had was complaints and guests leaving the bar for the evening. We play in Sunday to Thursday inclusive.
The receptionist did reduce the price for your youngest daughter from Adult price.
The entertainment was geared around a 70's weekend. The whole theme for the Friday and Saturday night was 70's. I am still trying to find out why the duo went on late as normally it starts 9pm. We normally have a compere and artiste and dancers on Saturdays.
With regards to tea and coffee and milk in the rooms. These are replenished daily, and if you require more you can ask reception for them free of charge.
I hope this explains some of the areas where you felt we let you down.
I do hope you come to stay again. Please if you do contact me directly and I will personally supervise your stay for you.

Reviewed 9 July 2013

On the first morning we were shown to our table .We had to get our own cutlery cups , side plates and chase the waitress round the room for our tea and coffee .We thought it was just a blip but for the next 4 days we had the misfortune of being "served" by a surly rude girl who clearly was seriously unhappy at her work .Thank god we weren't booked in for evening meal

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
HowardC23, General Manager at Tiffany's Hotel Blackpool, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2013

Dear Guest,

We were extremely shocked to read your review. Every guest is allocated a table for the duration of their stay. Every single table is checked every day to ensure that the cloths are clean and that they are correctly laid up. All of our staff in the restaurant are polite and friendly, and all work together as a team. None of the waitresses are surly and rude, I am sure your review is for another hotel as nothing you mention rings true.

I do hope you come to stay with us in the future and see that breakfast at Tiffany's is a wonderful experience.

Yours truly,

Reviewed 8 July 2013

This was my first and last visit here as there was more bad than good in my opinion. Firstly reception on arrival although I had booked by phone it was never mentioned that full payment was due on arrival. The entertainment warm up was a fellow playing dated tunes on his ''Flagship'' organ that is ok for the older clientele but come on you don't only cater for the elderly. The games room although it had a decent collection of items smelt musky and as you entered the floor under the carpet was unsafe it felt like you was walking on rafters this needs to be sorted out before someone trips/falls and is injured. As for the meals I would rate it on these as just above a cafeteria level pretty basic and needs improving although the speed of service was fast but this was possibly due to a half empty hotel

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank diskuteer
HowardC23, General Manager at Tiffany's Hotel Blackpool, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2013

Dear Guest,

I was sad to read your review. you mention that the entertainment was an organist playing the Flagship organ. This is a service we provide to our guests befor the bingo and entertainment start. It is back ground music to relax to after dinner, before we provide our guests with a wide variety of nightly entertainment. We have comedians, Vikki La Plume comedy drag artiste, fabulous singers, dancers, and comperes. We have had a wonderful indoor ice skating show, tribute acts and all sorts of different entertainment. I assure you that there is no safety issue with the floor in the games rooms. We do provide, darts. pool, table tennis, air hockey, pin ball, table football, small rides for the toddlers, giant connect 4, plus other things.
We are normally complimented on our food we provide. The amount you pay for a 5 course evening dinner, proves to be an amazing saving to our guests, compered to going out into town to eat where it would cost more than double what they pay the hotel.
I do hope you change your mind and return to us again in the future.

Reviewed 3 July 2013

I had my wedding here at Tiffanys and I would definitely recommend anyone to do the same. Howard who is the manager and the rest of the staff made my day perfect. I couldn't have asked for my day to go any better. The food was amazing, no one had any complaints. Everything ran so smoothly.
From the day I booked my wedding with Howard he made me feel welcome, I knew my wedding was going to be in safe hands. The room I had was the saphire suite and It was stunning! We also got a complimentary honeymoon suite which was gorgeous, and we came upto a lovely card from the staff and a bottle of champagne.
Whether you want to book this hotel for your wedding or just to stay for a few nights I would definitely recommend this hotel. Theres nothing I can fault about it.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Angelathompsonx

Dear Happy Couple,

Thank you so much for your amazing review on your recent wedding held here. The first wedding reception held in the Sapphire Suite.
It was a beautiful day and you were a fabulous couple to have worked for. I am so pleased that your day was so special and we did everything to make your day one to remember. we have some lovely pictures of the day.

Thank you both once again.

Reviewed 30 June 2013

Just spent a great weekend at Tiffanys for the Abba Tribute show. Everything was great including food, accommodation and the group Swede Dreamz put on a fantastic show. A few of the better known hotels could learn from the customer service in this hotel, I didnt see one grumpy face and the staff couldnt do enough for you. Looking forward to our next weekend when we chose it and my daughters wedding which I know with Howard in charge will be a brilliant day. Many thanks for a great time.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank junetheprune
HowardC23, General Manager at Tiffany's Hotel Blackpool, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2013

Dear Guests,

Thank you for your fabulous review on Tripadvisor, it is much appreciated.
Also thank you for your kind comments. I am glad you and your family had a great weekend. It was nice to watch the Abba Band with you, they were great!
I am looking forward to ensure your daughter has a fabulous wedding next year.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 24 June 2013

This hotel has to be THE worst hotel I've stayed in, paid £80 for one nights stay on our way up to The Lake District, I really wished we'd kept driving. When I booked I paid the extra money for a room with a sea view, (I wish I hadn't bothered) checked it to room 408 on the 4th floor, we were told that the lift only goes as far as the 3rd floor and then you have to walk up a flight of stairs, I actually thought the receptionist was joking, well she wasn't... So after lugging our luggage up from the 3rd to the 4th we opened our room door to find the most basic, shabby, dirty, bleak room I've ever come across. Paint chipping off, dirty windows and bed that looked like it had been stapled together with what I think was meant to be white sheets... Never again, hardly slept (we slept on top of the sheets) and we woke up at 5am and just wanted to get out of there as soon as possible... Think twice before booking this hotel, for £80, I think that was a joke... I think £20-£40 should be their bench mark for those rooms.

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank Boywunda2

Dear Guest,

I was very shocked to read your totally exaggerated review on here. Yes the room 408 is on the 4th floor. our brand new lift goes to the 3rd floor and its up one small flight of stairs. The room is a bright sea view room, not bleak and as you described.
If you were not happy with the room, all you needed to do was speak to reception and we could have moved you instead of you rushing home to post a very negative review.
If we don't know if guests have a problem then how can we rectify it.
our bedding is new and fresh so why you slept on top of the sheets i do not know. we have also just bought new duvets and covers for the beds in white.
Yours truly,