“Bad service”

Ranked #36 of 70 Hotels in Blackpool
Bonnyrigg, United Kingdom
“Bad service”
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Overall staff were friendly and food was good. Unfortunately there was an arrogant receptionist who wasn't very helpful and they do wedding so it was extremely noisy if you wanted to go to sleep before 1.00am you had no chance. Again the receptionist and manager dismissed my complaint. I would therefore not stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room if you don't like being kept awake as the staff won't bother.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Jacqueline C
HowardC23, General Manager at Tiffany's Hotel Blackpool, responded to this review, 1 August 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review on your recent stay.
I am sorry you had problems with noise fromt he wedding, we have not had any such complaint before in the 2.5 years we have been holding weddings at the hotel.
I would like to know which receptionisat was unhelpful to you.
With regards your comment that I dismissed your complaint, i didnt as I never heard about your complaint. If I had of done I would have seen you straight away and tried to sort out any problem you had.
I do hope that you give us the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.
If you contact me directly, then I will personally supervise your stay with us and upgrade your room for you.

Howard.G.Crump MIH

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (435)
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Stayed at Tiffanys with the Ladies from our Darts team. I was plesently surprised when I walked in, the reception area was nice and modern. Not all the room where ready, but wasn't much of a problem. We went to our room whuch we could find so we asked the ckeaner/maid who walked us to our room, up a small set of stairs which slopped which felt very very strange, on entering our room it was quiet stuffy with it being warm outside so we opened our windows. The only thing that was missing was our kettle and biscuits.
On going back down to meet the
rest if the ladies in the bar area we
Asked Christina ( the cleaner/maid) if we could have a kettle she told us she would sort it for us, Christina was very polite and very helpful, even when we was leaving she asked if we had a good time and wished us a safe journey home.
The you g girl on the bar working on the bar was very chatty and pleasant.
In the evening we went down to the dinning room, where we was meant to all be sitting together (15 of us) but they had not be informed so they did what they could which was sit us all in the same area but at different tables, our organiser did email the hotel and asked if we all could be seated together and she was told yes it wouldn't be a problem, nether the less we all got seated and the food was very nice and the choice you get for the money was fantastic, the waiting staff was very polite and friendly, waiter service for evening meal, buffet breakfast again good choice, must say the scrambled egg was lovely not mush, or dry just right.
The entertainment well I have mixed feelings sorry, at the start was Brian ??? Who did Elvis he started off singing different thing with a few jokes in very fun also included the audience he was truly fantastic then a Robbie Williams tribute came on well what can I say..... I will put it politely he was
rubbish got to be the worst I have seen, even sang 2 songs in his set. Then Brian Elvis ??? Came back doing Elvis stuff now I'm not an Elvis fan but he was FAB would see him again. And I'm not
an oldie I'm in the age group 35/40 . On the whole was a great stay and would go back again.
Oh one last thing you need to sort your lift out it worked then it didn't and in our party we had some people that could go up stairs but not that many.

• Stayed July 2013
HowardC23, General Manager at Tiffany's Hotel Blackpool, responded to this review, 5 August 2013
Dear Ladies,

It was a pleasure meeting you all during your weekend with us. I am so pleased you had a nice time with us. Thank you for mentioning the staff that went the extra mile for you that was nice.
I am sorry about the confusion with the table in the Restaurant. I do hope this didn't spoil things too much for you.
I would like to thank you for writing your review, and hopefully when you plan another weekend away to Blackpool, you will come to see us again in the future.

fife
Reviewed 28 July 2013

This is 3rd year we have stayed here, great atmosphere, friendly staff, great entertainment, good food, good choice of menu, great value for money only a couple of critisisims: WC under rim was disgusting looked as though never been cleaned in ages, waiting staff very slow this year, 1st night went down at 6pm did not get out till 7.25, had to miss out on full dinner a couple of nights as was going to a show in town and shows all start 7.30, maybe the dinner time could start earlier in case people wish to go out for the evening say 5-5.30pm, gives people more of a choice. Would recommend and will return.

Room Tip: Don't get a room next to the lift - can be very noisy.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Whitchurch, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 July 2013

We spend 2 nights at Tiffanys hotel, and had a brilliant time. The receptionist was friendly and helpful. The room was a sea view which was perfect. The breakfast was lovely and so were the waiters. We will definitely come again

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
HowardC23, General Manager at Tiffany's Hotel Blackpool, responded to this review, 26 July 2013
Dear Guests,

It was fantastic to see you again after 29 years! You both looked so well.
I am so glad you chose to stay with us all at Tiffany's Hotel. I am really pleased you had a great time, short but sweet :-)
we look forward to be able to welcome you back again in the near future.

West Calder, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 July 2013

Second year at this hotel with Blackpool Promotions. Last year had lovely room but right above lounge so very noisy at night. This year the manager made sure that the room was away from the lounge and we appreciated that very much. The room we got was a seaview which was great but it had obviously not been cleaned and the windows being closed in the hot weather did not help matters as it smelt when we opened the door. The carpet was very badly stained as were the top covers on the beds, the blanket underneath had quite a few cigarette burns which probably explained the smell in the room despite the room being non smoking. The walls were dirty where the previous occupants teabags had hit off them on the way to the bin. The skirting boards were dirty and dusty. We told reception but were told the only other room was a double on the 4th floor, we only wanted someone to have a look and see how bad it was and maybe get it at least hoovered. Reception staff not at all helpful, made to feel like troublemakers despite the fact we paid £400 for 5 days, we just wanted value for money, did not help that the dining room was never full to capacity so probably were other rooms available. The shower over the bath did not work next morning but one call and the guy came to repair it right away, thank you to him, great response. The waiting staff were brilliant and the food is delicious, very good choice of menu and flexible meal times as well. The decor of the hotel is lovely but needs a good clean as far as the rooms go. We did speak to one of the housekeepers and she said she would pass on the fact that the room was dirty but all that happened was a sign appeared in our room while we were out saying we would be fined for smoking in the room!!!! We are both non smokers so took this to mean they thought we had caused the smell in the room and placed the sign as a warning. Very disappointed as enjoyed our 5 day break but cleanliness of room really let the hotel down. Feel that the someone could have taken our complaint seriously and at least had a look at the room for the money we paid. Will be looking elsewhere for next year.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review here on Tripadvisor. I am glad you enjoyed your stay, but I was sorry to hear you were not satisfied with your room.
I wish I would have heard about this at the time, as I would have seen to any problems immediately. I have discussed your comments with the Head Housekeeper, and the problem has been addressed.
I do hope you change your mind and come and stay with us again in the future.
If you contact me directly, then I will personally supervise your stay and ensure you receive our usual high standards of service.

Howard.G.Crump
Airdrie, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2013

We went to Tiffanys hotel mon 15th to sat 20th july and we found our stay there to be fantastic there was 4 adults and 2 kids our kids are very fussy eaters and the waitress was very good in getting the kids what they wanted rooms were very clean good entertainment staff were all very pleasant couldn't ask for more will defenietly visit this hotel again

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Had a great night at Tiffanys . Loved our room with seaview . Sons 9 & 13 first trip to Blackpool and they thought Tiffanys hotel was a great place to stay. Enjoyed the food in the restaurant good selection and buffet breakfast was a great start to our busy day. Will be returning to Tiffanys in the new year.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family