“excellent”

Tiffany's Hotel Blackpool
Ranked #36 of 73 Hotels in Blackpool
Reviewed 15 January 2014

A great weekend made special by the hotel staff. Our weekend was a mock Burns supper weekend with the R.A.F (Natiional Service) Association. The food at all meals was excellent, at the Burns Supper everything was really great.Heres to next year.

Room Tip: Top floor rooms are at end of hot water system so choose your shower times
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank stanz38

Reviewed 2 January 2014

Me and my family booked for Christmas Day and evening which was £60 each. We was given a menu to choose from , when we arrived there wasn't one starter on the menu which was on the menu which we was even when we booked. As speaking from a qualified chef the soup was meant to be homemade with cheese and garlic croutons to which we got no croutons and the soup tasted like Luke warm baby food. All the vegetables and roast potatoes was frozen , the Christmas pudding must off been the most cheapest Christmas pudding going because it tasted like wax. There was no Brandy snap basket filled with fresh strawberry and Ice cream which was stated on the menu and also stated on the menu liquor coffee £2.50 - menu given on the day £3.30 for the same coffee. We was given one serving dish with four unsightly new potatoes , few carrots and four mashed up sprouts which was for three off us. The selection of the cheese and biscuits was very poor , two different kinds of cheeses and the biscuits were soft. I asked for a coffee , when it arrived there were more coffee in the saucer than in the cup, then I had to wait another 5 minutes to find a server because I wasn't even given any cream or milk , by this time my coffee was cold. The overall presentation and hospitality was discusting, to think a hotel can run as bad as this. I handed In a written complaite on Christmas Day as we was leaving , I still haven't heard anything , over a week later I rang the reception on the 1/1/14 and was told Howard the manger was going to call me back that day, still no reply so I called today , the receptionist Lyn was very rude! Contradicted me , saying the hotel is now closed . Basically when I told her my problem she was very inconsiderate , her comment to me was " how on earth can you have all these complaints, when you was only in our hotel for one day". Also before I end these , they didn't have any cold white wine and all wine was warm. I am very embarrassed being a resident in Blackpool , knowing their are hotels being ran in this state , no wonder Blackpool is in a sorry state that is today. Lyn the receptionist should be sent on a customer service course.

Room Tip: Would not even consider this place! To eat never mind to stay.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
8  Thank Sarah K
HowardC23, General Manager at Tiffany's Hotel Blackpool, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Dear Readers of this review.

This review has been written as the family's daughter let her down last minute and could not join them for the lunch. I said unfortunately you have given us no notice so we are unable to refund you on the day as we were fully booked. I gave the family a complimentary bottle of COLD house white wine as a nice gesture which they accepted and placed it in the ice bucket with their other COLD bottle of wine.
The daughter came at night time and the whole family enjoyed the buffet. I was chatting to the family and not one complaint was made to me!
The menu that was sent out to the family earlier in the year stated "SAMPLE MENU" there were a few minor differences to the menu she received to the one that we had on the day. We had over 180 guests dining that day and all were complimentary about the meal apart from the recent review which we are very sceptical about the reviewer even being at the hotel. (Read my reply as the comments I made were the truth).
I will now answer all the false accusations that this lady has made in point form. We are so angry that people can put what ever they like making up stories, just because they did not get a refund. That is why I will tell the truth point by poiint!
All our soups are home made. I had a full Christmas dinner and the soup was delicious as it always is.
NONE of our vegetables or potatoes were frozen. ALL are fresh.and are supplied by Blackpool Fruit and Veg. All our delivery notes are available for her to see which I put in a letter to her.
The comment about the Christmas pudding was laughable. We are supplied with a very good quality make whcih we have been serving since the end of October twice a week during the Turkey and Tinsel season, and never received one single complaint.
The comments about 4 sprouts for 3 people and soggy cheese biscuits and selection of cheeses are all frankly untrue. As is the spilling of coffee in the saucer etc.
The lady did hand a long list of complaints into me in the evening which I recieved the next day as she did not get a refund. Bear in mind it was only £60 per person for a 6 course Christmas dinner, entertainment afternoon and evening and a full Carved buffet in the evening. I wrote back to her the next day but obviously the post is delayed over this period.
Now i listened to the call from this lady who spoke to Lynn our lovely receptionist. How Lynn kept so calm I do not know. This lady spoke to her in an absolutely discusting manner, she was VERY offensive to Lynn and I do not expect myself or my staff to be spoken to in such a rude and obnoxious manner.
The wine was not warm at all. How could it be when its kept in a fridge and it was served in a bucket full of ice!
We will not be allowing this lady or her family back to the hotel in the future due to this vindictive review.
Sincerely yours,

H.G.Crump MIH

Reviewed 2 January 2014

My partner and I along with two friends stayed at Tiffany's hotel for the New Year. We all enjoyed every minuet of our stay, On arrival we checked into the hotel reception and was welcomed with a pleasant smile and very helpful receptionist. We had a beautiful sea view room, The room was nicely decorated and very warm. We were given an itinerary of the entertainment and meal times which was happening each day. The choice five course meals provided every evening was absolutely delicious. The waiters and waitresses were very polite and helpful. Entertainment was provided every afternoon along with a game of bingo., The evening was compared by the lady compere who was very comical and entertaining. Three artists appeared each night who were great entertainers. The drinks from the bar were quite reasonable as hotel prices go. and the bar staff were very pleasant. Hot pot was served on one of the evenings and on New years day night a big choice buffet was provided by the hotel. We had a fabulous time during our stay at the hotel and could not find fault with anything at this hotel. We have already booked for the next New Year. It beats all our New Year stays in Benidorm and no flying problems. Our thanks go to the Manager Howard and staff who saw that every one had a great time

Room Tip: Double room sea view was great
3  Thank Ivy M
Reviewed 28 December 2013

Me and my friend booked for the "Christmas House Party", 24th to 28th December. Cost was £360. What a HUGE disappointment!

Staff, at best, could be described as indifferent.

Single rooms would be better advertised as rabbit hutches.

Five course meals, according to the waiter, are in fact three course meals chosen from five courses. Roast beef dinner was in fact "boil in the bag" after which both me and my friend had upset stomach for 24 hours. The steamed fish was served with over fried or refried frozen chips despite requesting new or creamed potatoes. When I pointed this out to the waiter I was told "that's what chef serves". I bought a sandwich from the bar one afternoon which took 45 minutes to arrive.

The advertised "candlelit dinner" was in a room without a single lit candle in it. What a joke!

Foreign member of staff complained to me about "working for minimum wage". I recommended she complain to her employer, not guests!

My recommendation is to stay well away from this most mediocre of hotels!!!

6  Thank Davejc67
HowardC23, General Manager at Tiffany's Hotel Blackpool, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Dear Reviewer,

We read your review with dismay. You obviously did not stay at Tiffany's with the comments you have put on Tripadvisor. Firstly reviewer all our meat is fresh and cooked fresh. If you want to come to the hotel and see the reciepts and delivery notes you WILL NOT SEE boil in the bag beef.
None of our guests have ever been ill with our food, so I cant believe your accusations.
Our staff did not say anything about being on minimum wage, so we do not appreciate your comments trying to get staff in trouble.
With regards to candle lit dinner, we didnt have a single candle we had over 50 candles on the tables that night. i saw them with my own eyes.
Everyone else absoulutely loved the Christmas package, everyone complimented us and many have re booked already.
It just shows you can't please everyone all of the time.
Happy new year.

H.G.Crump

Reviewed 25 December 2013 via mobile

I was booked for the parisienne hotel at blackpool and was put in tiffanys sister hotel was there for memories i had lovely big seaview double room entertainment was really gud breakfast was lovely will be back again

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank 613shirley
Reviewed 25 December 2013

Hi howard, we stayed with you the week of december 9th room 109 which was well kept, clean and tasteful in decor, this is our 3rd year with you, please pass on many thank`s to all the staff as they all played a big part in making our stay most enjoyable, reception and check in was spot on as was the help and friendly attitude throughout, the bar was clean warm and friendly, price`s not bad ethere, the restaurant was kept nice and clean with a very nice choise on the menu served with a smile and nothing was to much trouble for the staff, it was nice to see some new face`s on the entertainment team but sad to see some of the old one`s not there, many thank`s to you and the staff for making our stay most enjoyable, we hope you have a good coming season in the new year, bob and chris.

Reviewed 18 December 2013

Took a party of 30 last wednesday 11/12.2013 had a great time food excellent entertainment good staff very helpful bar prices reasonable Usually have our Christmas meals in house first one we have had outside but after this experience will be going out again what a beautiful hotel one draw back however several people did not like the wines found them to dry all in all a good day enjoyed by all