“Long weekend at tiffanys”

Tiffany's Hotel Blackpool
Ranked #38 of 70 Hotels in Blackpool
“Long weekend at tiffanys”
Reviewed 25 February 2014 via mobile

Just returned home after a long weekend at tiffanys, staff polite and very helpful, food was very good. When we decided to stay another night the room we were in was already booked so we had to move rooms but nothing was too much trouble. Reception even arranged for our luggage to be moved to the other room while we went out for the day . Would definitely return to tiffanys .

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tony S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (444)
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Before I review any hotel I always read at least 3 or 4 pages worth of reviews. It helps me gauge where I should pitch my review and put some perspective on my views. My view is that this is an excellent value hotel. I was there out of season but I still think £25 to £30 ish for bed, dinner and breakfast represents excellent value. You wouldn't even get an awful bedsit for that in some Midland towns.

I also love reading the manager replies. Mr Howard Crump is certainly making a name for himself with his replies on TripAdvisor and appears to be a force to be reckoned with!! I like that though, he is obviously passionate and will endeavour to sort out problems there and then. With that in mind, I'm just going to list a few positive and negatives (and no, I didn't point them out at the time, I was satisfied and the hotel met my expectations).

Positive
- The location of the hotel is good. It is bright pink but looks relatively well maintained compared to some others.
- Public areas have clearly seen investment recently. The carpet is noticeable new.
- Room cleanliness was generally acceptable
- Food was tasty and at the price point represents very good value

Negative
- Bedroom carpet looked clean but with bare feet could definitely benefit from a vacuum
- Transacting at the reception desk. There is the desk, and then a desk behind the desk. The staff member invariably sits at the desk behind the desk - about 8 ft away. This makes the experience rather impersonal.
- I about broke my nose on the automatic door because it only opens half way.

Overall, I would stay here again, it's clearly work in progress and I'm sure ever improving. Driving up and down the promenade you see all those places you *almost* booked and breathe a massive sigh of relief you didn't because despite taking bookings, they still have multiple windows boarded with plywood and a bonfire roaring in the car park...

Room Tip: Sea view would be better because the view is unobstructed.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank MalcolmTucker
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Needs a complete upgrade like so many victorian hotels on the front in Blackpool! Stayed here for 3 nights with my wife. Bed clean and room warm. Bath tub but no shower. Blankets and duvet were
old and had holes in but clean. Food was average for dinners and plentyful for breakfast. Service was slow and staff seemed to be new to duty. Friendly enough though once they realised we weren't stuck up! Entertainment was poor and badly organised but others seemed happy with it. Extra charge for drinks served in resturant ! £3.40 a pint of carling in bar. 20p more downstairs.
Some guests stayed on vouchers which would have been about right . We paid £248 for 3 nights half board which I feal was more than enough.Did manage to get parking space .

Room Tip: Look at room first and ask to be mooved if not happy!
4 Thank Graham M

Travellers are raving about these Blackpool hotels

gloucestershire
Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

Have to agree with Bernadette from Kendal. This place is shocking, if you have any standards that is! I didn't even bother checking in. Just one look at my room was enough. Tired and grubby looking. Such a shame as the staff obviously work really hard and couldn't have been more helpful and it's in a great position.

Stayed February 2014
6 Thank chelsea120
Doncaster
Reviewed 22 February 2014

We arrived at Tiffanys around midday our keys were waiting for us had a fab room but no heating on,thought with it being daytime it was of for a couple of hours.Anyway the heating had broken down at our end of the hotel,They brouhgt a radiator which would have been ok.To cut a long story short they offered us another room.WOW on the front very large with fabulous bay window overlooking the sea.Just wht the doctor ordered.The food was excellent the resteraunt very clean and the waiters great.Entertainment was good they really do look after you in this hotel we couldn't have asked for more GREAT would go again only 10 min walk into Blackpool.

Wigan, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

Was very disappointed that I did not get to meet mr h crump.so I write this review with the hope of a reply from the man that writes the best responses to customer reviews ever but only if there negative so mr crump with this in mind I will comence, arrived early reception very welcoming was told room not ready but we could leave our car. When we got back room was ready by the way the 1st impressions of hotel were great. Room clean nice decor etc.shower well am not a fussy soul so all I could do was laugh whilst trying to shower the pressure was fine it was the way it comes out of shower head if u had it high up as am tall it would have flooded the bath room please go have a laugh room 212 it did make me lol, on the whole room for the price was fine just small improvements toilet seat to small for toilet water left in kettle I watch four in a bed you see... the evening meal 5 courses was outstanding really enjoyable super. Then went to check out the entertainment after reading other reviews wasn't expecting to enjoy it to much thought we would be to young this wasn't the case it was really good, breakfast was very good buffet style plenty choice lovely, all staff very friendly helpful.will return but will request a sea view next time well thats if I get a reply from manager

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank samantha b
HowardC23, General Manager at Tiffany's Hotel Blackpool, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Dear Guest,

I am sorry I didn't meet you too. I was in all week apart from Sunday, although I was very busy running 3 functions.
I am pleased you enjoyed your stay. thank you for your constructive comments with reference to the points raised about your room. It is hard to know every imperfection, so I will look into the points you mentioned.
I am glad you enjoyed your meal and the entertainment.
I do try to respond to all the reviews but I have limited time for paperwork as it does take quite a long time to investigate each review.
I do hope you say hello when you return again in the future.

Kindest regards,

Howard.G.Crump MIH
Lancaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 February 2014

got a great deal on the food and entertainment so decided to try get a deal on the hotel room which they give me a good rate. The hotel is very nice in a good location and the staff are very helpful and look after you. The 5 course meal was great and so was the breakfast the next morning. The room was very comfy and warm and plenty of facilities - bedding and towels were all clean and the shower was great :) The only thing i wish they would have advertised they do bingo on the groupon voucher because i hate it! and the entertainment was lousy!! I would definatly not go on a night when the two acts were on i watched they were poor karaoke singers. The staff were great. definatly recomend this hotel if you can get a deal on the price.

Room Tip: ask for see views
2 Thank wayneward