“A good weekend stay”

Ranked #36 of 70 Hotels in Blackpool
crewe
“A good weekend stay”
Reviewed 16 March 2014

5 rooms booked and everyone happy with their room, good comfortable beds and a nice bathroom in each. We stopped bed & breakfast and the food was excellent. Function room/bar is well furnished and good for a night in watching the hotels entertainment. Reception is clean and tidy and guests are warmly welcomed, also a nice games room on the ground floor. Location is good, we parked the cars in front of the hotel and walked everywhere, north pier is less than 5 minutes walk. We all agreed we'd come back again.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are worthwhile
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
HowardC23, General Manager at Tiffany's Hotel Blackpool, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Dear Guests,

It was so nice to read that you and all your friends had such a good weekend with us. I am glad you found our accomodation comfortable and the food great.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Kindest regards,

Howard.G.Crump

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (434)
Basildon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 March 2014

my husband & I stayed here from 27th feb-2nd march 2014, we booked the beautiful four poster room,311 which was clean & a lovely size, & had breath taking sea views! the jacuzzi bath was wonderful & huge! the 3 course breakfast & the 5 course evening meals were gorgeous & plentiful (the scrambled egg was amazing!) all the staff were lovely & really attentive, the hotel itself was amazing! big, blingy & pink! we really loved every second of our stay & will be going back in july, we traveled all the way from essex & it was all worth the long drive, we stay in a lot of hotels but this was the best one we've stayed at! we totally recommend this hotel..

Room Tip: 311 is the four poster room we stayed in & was gorgeous!
Dear Guests,

Thank you for your great review on your recent stay with us in room 311.
I am so pleased you enjoyed your room and found it vey comfortable.
I look forward to welcoming you back again in July.

Kind regards,

Howard.G.Crump MIH
Bingley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Just returned from a weekend's break with 60+ friends, this was yet another return stay! Surely that says it all. Must have put weight on after superb food, five course dinners with plenty of choice and excellent breakfasts. Thank you helpful and friendly staff.

Room Tip: I think 2nd floor rooms with a sea view are the best, but you can always ask.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank OMB504
Dear Guests,

Thank you for your recent review on your large party staying at Tiffany's Hotel.
It was great to hear that so many of your all came back to Tiffnay's Hotel.
We all look forward to welcoming you back on your next stay with us.

Kindest regards,

Howard.G.Crump MIH
stockport
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Had a lovely few days at this hotel, position on the promenade very good, food excellent staff very friendly rooms clean and tidy. Nice to chat with the very friendly manager Howard on our last day..... we remembered him from years ago when he was the manager of another seafront hotel. The weather was very good as well.

Room Tip: Request bath or shower when booking.
1 Thank pjstockport
Wigan
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Stayed at this hotel from the 21 - 26 February 2014 on a half board basis. Room 316 was small but clean, warm and tidy. The room had a shower with constant hot water and clean towels. Checking in was no problem we arrived at 2pm and the room was ready so we had access quite early. The food in the restaurant was good with a choice of starters and main course and the food was always presented well and hot and the service was usually good. One night the service was quite slow due to staff shortage but the waiters did try their best to keep everyone happy. The entertainment in the evening was good with male and female singers but we did not like the female impersonator Victor la plume who was vulgar and rude, in my opinion not suitable for a family hotel when there was children present. We particularly enjoyed Ken Morrell who does a tribute to Roy Orbison and Gene pitney, Nico who was part of 60s band Freddie and the dreamers and a lady artist named Tracy Jordan who all provided some excellent entertainment. We are both in our early sixties and enjoyed this type of entertainment suited us.
Just a few little niggles, the bed and the pillows was hard and we didn't sleep very well although the hotel was very quiet at night. There was no Guinness on draught and no Malibu available when we went down to the bar for a drink but they made sure there was some the next day.
The heating in some of the public areas was inadequate like the reception area and the games room which we brought to the attention of the reception they did try but due to doors being constantly opened in the foyer with the smokers outside the place was always uncomfortable. We have stayed at this hotel before so we knew what to expect and will stay here again, the location is good only a short walk to the tower and the shops and a bus and tram stop just outside the hotel.

The hotel puts on a trip to fleetwood market on a Teusday leaving after breakfast which is handy if you don't want to drive.
Overall an enjoyable stay and would recommend this hotel in fact my wife has booked again in April and is taking my mother Monday to Friday. It is good value for money and the staff do their best to make your stay enjoyable.

2 Thank Keyram
Reviewed 25 February 2014 via mobile

Just returned home after a long weekend at tiffanys, staff polite and very helpful, food was very good. When we decided to stay another night the room we were in was already booked so we had to move rooms but nothing was too much trouble. Reception even arranged for our luggage to be moved to the other room while we went out for the day . Would definitely return to tiffanys .

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tony S
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Before I review any hotel I always read at least 3 or 4 pages worth of reviews. It helps me gauge where I should pitch my review and put some perspective on my views. My view is that this is an excellent value hotel. I was there out of season but I still think £25 to £30 ish for bed, dinner and breakfast represents excellent value. You wouldn't even get an awful bedsit for that in some Midland towns.

I also love reading the manager replies. Mr Howard Crump is certainly making a name for himself with his replies on TripAdvisor and appears to be a force to be reckoned with!! I like that though, he is obviously passionate and will endeavour to sort out problems there and then. With that in mind, I'm just going to list a few positive and negatives (and no, I didn't point them out at the time, I was satisfied and the hotel met my expectations).

Positive
- The location of the hotel is good. It is bright pink but looks relatively well maintained compared to some others.
- Public areas have clearly seen investment recently. The carpet is noticeable new.
- Room cleanliness was generally acceptable
- Food was tasty and at the price point represents very good value

Negative
- Bedroom carpet looked clean but with bare feet could definitely benefit from a vacuum
- Transacting at the reception desk. There is the desk, and then a desk behind the desk. The staff member invariably sits at the desk behind the desk - about 8 ft away. This makes the experience rather impersonal.
- I about broke my nose on the automatic door because it only opens half way.

Overall, I would stay here again, it's clearly work in progress and I'm sure ever improving. Driving up and down the promenade you see all those places you *almost* booked and breathe a massive sigh of relief you didn't because despite taking bookings, they still have multiple windows boarded with plywood and a bonfire roaring in the car park...

Room Tip: Sea view would be better because the view is unobstructed.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo