“Sorry I wasted my money advise you Avoid”

Tiffany's Hotel Blackpool
Ranked #38 of 73 Hotels in Blackpool
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Bought a groupon dinner and cabaret evening for myself and partner, arrived early into bar to be given free drink nice and advised to wait for someone to come take us into restaurant, we booked dinner for 7.15pm.

Waited for ages had reminded staff several times we where still waiting and told not to worry they knew we arrived and relax and wait in the bar area, finally after an hour was so fed up waiting around I went into the restaurant to be told they did not know we had arrived and serving was nearly over by the manager but they would sort us out a table.

Finally got a table in a very dark, dingy and I am being polite here, seen better days room! A very rude young waitress came to take our order but why she bothered I have no idea, as it was a choice of 'take it or leave it on the menu' given everything we ordered was now off the menu. So, we had been left with the excitement of soup, no idea what kind as all she could tell us was soup, followed by fish and chips and peas and preceded to tell us as we had been late, we had been lucky they give us a table!!!! Obviously no communication again between the restaurant manager and service staff.

When the food came it was simply awful, horrible soup cold and watery; plates of horrid frozen fish and chips which was also cold, service was worse than awful had to go take cutlery off another table myself. The same thing happened to another party who had arrived in the bar area even before us, they had been waiting in bar for over 1.5 hours.

Never again, it maybe cheap but I would rather hand the money to a stranger than return to this place... No apology, no compensation, just poor service, poor communication, a grubby environment in the restaurant, awful food and total rudeness from the waitress, who has never heard of customer care or good service.

We did stay a while for a drink after, why I hear you ask, I really have no idea, I was probably light headed from the lack of food and had my judgement impaired! Cabernet singer was ok but jokes a bit rude given number of children in the room. Needless to say will not be going back. Only positive was we had booked into another hotel for the night. Do yourself a favour and avoid this place.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank BB182014

Reviewed 27 July 2014

i stayed at tiffanys with my partner & we were both really disappointed, pictures on the internet make room look so much better than is, carpet, walls & ceiling were all dingy, was really dated, bathroom was poor, shower was rubbish, never kept to set temperature, staff wernt great either, rang down for some clean towels & told me in aslighty rude manner that on there way & put the phone down on me, didnt get to really iron my clothes as iron was so rubbish & leaked, the only 1 good thing that i can say is that the breakfasts was nice, i wouldnt recommend anyone to go there, such a waste of money.

• Stayed: July 2014
7  Thank luckylucky22
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with my husbands and four friends and we all agree this was not a hotel that we would stay in again ! Our room was shocking ! I was awake due to my rock hard pillows so hard I have woken with a bad neck ! The bed was rock hard also , it also had a funny damp smell to the bed ! . The chairs in our room also were manky no one in the right mind would sit on them !!! All in all not impressed definitely would not stay again !

• Stayed: July 2014
6  Thank Tamihotlips@hotmail.com
Reviewed 22 July 2014

just come back after having 5 wonderful nights it was a last minute booking and Lynne the receptionist was great that she give us the rooms that we asked for as we have stayed in that room on numerous occasions food was great and the soups at the evening meal were very moorish excellent value for the money will certainly keep on going there

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank janetedavies
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We went on Friday 18th July following the purchase of a wowcher deal. Greeted with a glass of wine and then a very tasty, enjoyable meal. Very surprised with the quality and value of all the food we ate. The deal said a buffet but it was all waiter/ress service and the staff were extremely friendly and very helpful. The service was perfect and there wasn't much wait or hurry between each course. We decided we didn't want to stay for the entertainment but it was an excellent deal and a really enjoyable evening. Thank you!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 228DawnM
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Once again another great time at tiffanys unfortunately we did not stay there this time but went to the entertainment every night great fun thanks again to all the bar staff and the entertainers who made our holiday special thanks again hope to see you all soon xx

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank elizabeth_malone
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Stayed two nights at The Tiffany Hotel Blackpool its a little old fashioned,but scores high points,in most areas.Reception was smooth and easy,although 4pm checking time is totally unacceptable,you lose almost a full days holiday!!! My single room was sea view (only £5 extra per night).This is where the old fashioned bit comes in.The room was small but acceptable whereas the bathroom was very small with shower,toilet and washbasin crowded into a 4' square space.The carpet in the room was grubby and very old,whereas the carpets in the hotel as a whole were quite new.
Breakfast is fantastic,buffet style with a truly massive choice,you just help yourself to as much as you want.The excellent evening meal consisted of 5 courses with choice of meat fish or vegetarian and is served to your table.
There is usually entertainment each evening,which was very good,spoiled by the temperature in the room,it was almost unbearable.
Overall I would give this Hotel my vote as somewhere I would try again,especially because of the price: 2 nights B&B and evening dinner,sea view,entertainment,all for £100.Thats hard to beat.

Room Tip: Ask for a bigger room on the front.