“No room!!”

Ranked #37 of 72 Hotels in Blackpool
Stockport
“No room!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

We arrived to stay at this hotel on 30th July for a two night stay. We booked a month in advance and paid for a suite. We paid to have a suite due to having a one year old as we would need more space. An it was her first birthday! When we arrived we were given room 113 which is a small room with a four poster bed squeezed in and a bathroom! That was it!!
We went down to explain that is not what we paid for to be told that's all that was left as the room we were supposed to be having had been given to someone else who arrived on the Monday as they had a small child!! Asked what about my child and what about the fact we had paid and requested twice that we have a suite! With this we were told we could have a full refund! Still left us with nowhere to stay! The refund was offered as they knew what they tried to offer us was a complete joke.

Stayed July 2014
3 Thank Natto88

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (429)
Lincoln, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

Booked the Tiffany hotel quite a few months ago, the location was very handy for the Wintergardens, I had checked the Tripadvisor & decided to follow on the positives. Wish now I had followed the advice on the negatives! Our room was right in the corner, overlooking a side street, bus stop, barb wire round the flat roof & across the road a take away. The room itself was small & cramped, cupboard door was hanging off its hinges, which I reported as didn't want the proprieties to think we had done it. The carpet didnt look like it had been hoovered, and there were stains in places, and leading into the ensuite the carpet was filthy. The decor was very drab n dreary, tired looking and desperately in need of a paint, in fact the hotel itself is very dated and is in desperate need of a revamp.

One catch on each window was broke and the windows have not been cleaned in months, the room had a strange smell, musty and of stale ale really quite strange. There are 2 x chairs in the room which have seen better days, I sat on one and thought I was going to go thro, we didnt bother again.

The kettle had seen better days, needs replacing with a cordless kettle, the tea tray very poor, 4 x sachets of cheap instant coffee, 4 x tea bags, 4 x sugars. Mugs were not very clean & only one bent dirty spoon, if you required more tea bags etc there is a charge, though it is replenished daily, it was never more than 4.

Ensuite room was small, toilet stained, had to run the shower for at least 5 mins before the hot water came thro, but when it did was very good & hot. Shower is plastic, soap tray broke, & no room for shower gel etc, when getting out of the shower there is no room to put your towel on & shut the door, towels very clean but really not very big, wish I had taken my own. No room for toiletries just a wooden shelf above the toilet.

The mattress was awful, very uncomfortable, seemed to go on a slope and was very lumpy, slept really badly the whole weekend!

Twice we were there when the cleaner came, she left her bucket at the door, was in and out of the room within a couple of minutes, not once was the bed made, I did it myself, room was never hoovered or wiped down, no cleaning products used in the toilet or shower!

I was not impressed with the quality of the breakfast, sausage was terrible very cheap, beans were hard and tomatoes bitter. Only one toasting machine, needs to be at least two for the size of the hotel. No choice of fruit yogurts, yogurt was served in a large bowl and just the one flavour, no choice of continental, ie different breads, rolls, croissants, muffins, cheese etc, not everyone wants an English breakfast, not a wide variety for vegetarians/vegans.

Overall given the cost per night for this hotel my expectations were higher, my partner stays in hotels all week for half the cost with better facilities, this hotel is over priced and really not worth the money.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
8 Thank Vampirebite2

Travellers are raving about these Blackpool hotels

Blackburn, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

Bought a groupon dinner and cabaret evening for myself and partner, arrived early into bar to be given free drink nice and advised to wait for someone to come take us into restaurant, we booked dinner for 7.15pm.

Waited for ages had reminded staff several times we where still waiting and told not to worry they knew we arrived and relax and wait in the bar area, finally after an hour was so fed up waiting around I went into the restaurant to be told they did not know we had arrived and serving was nearly over by the manager but they would sort us out a table.

Finally got a table in a very dark, dingy and I am being polite here, seen better days room! A very rude young waitress came to take our order but why she bothered I have no idea, as it was a choice of 'take it or leave it on the menu' given everything we ordered was now off the menu. So, we had been left with the excitement of soup, no idea what kind as all she could tell us was soup, followed by fish and chips and peas and preceded to tell us as we had been late, we had been lucky they give us a table!!!! Obviously no communication again between the restaurant manager and service staff.

When the food came it was simply awful, horrible soup cold and watery; plates of horrid frozen fish and chips which was also cold, service was worse than awful had to go take cutlery off another table myself. The same thing happened to another party who had arrived in the bar area even before us, they had been waiting in bar for over 1.5 hours.

Never again, it maybe cheap but I would rather hand the money to a stranger than return to this place... No apology, no compensation, just poor service, poor communication, a grubby environment in the restaurant, awful food and total rudeness from the waitress, who has never heard of customer care or good service.

We did stay a while for a drink after, why I hear you ask, I really have no idea, I was probably light headed from the lack of food and had my judgement impaired! Cabernet singer was ok but jokes a bit rude given number of children in the room. Needless to say will not be going back. Only positive was we had booked into another hotel for the night. Do yourself a favour and avoid this place.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank BB182014
nottingham
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

i stayed at tiffanys with my partner & we were both really disappointed, pictures on the internet make room look so much better than is, carpet, walls & ceiling were all dingy, was really dated, bathroom was poor, shower was rubbish, never kept to set temperature, staff wernt great either, rang down for some clean towels & told me in aslighty rude manner that on there way & put the phone down on me, didnt get to really iron my clothes as iron was so rubbish & leaked, the only 1 good thing that i can say is that the breakfasts was nice, i wouldnt recommend anyone to go there, such a waste of money.

• Stayed July 2014
7 Thank luckylucky22
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with my husbands and four friends and we all agree this was not a hotel that we would stay in again ! Our room was shocking ! I was awake due to my rock hard pillows so hard I have woken with a bad neck ! The bed was rock hard also , it also had a funny damp smell to the bed ! . The chairs in our room also were manky no one in the right mind would sit on them !!! All in all not impressed definitely would not stay again !

• Stayed July 2014
6 Thank Tamihotlips@hotmail.com
chester
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

just come back after having 5 wonderful nights it was a last minute booking and Lynne the receptionist was great that she give us the rooms that we asked for as we have stayed in that room on numerous occasions food was great and the soups at the evening meal were very moorish excellent value for the money will certainly keep on going there

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank janetedavies
Blackpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

We went on Friday 18th July following the purchase of a wowcher deal. Greeted with a glass of wine and then a very tasty, enjoyable meal. Very surprised with the quality and value of all the food we ate. The deal said a buffet but it was all waiter/ress service and the staff were extremely friendly and very helpful. The service was perfect and there wasn't much wait or hurry between each course. We decided we didn't want to stay for the entertainment but it was an excellent deal and a really enjoyable evening. Thank you!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple