“Overnight stay with my wife ”

Tiffany's Hotel Blackpool
Ranked #36 of 70 Hotels in Blackpool
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Overnight stay with my wife ”
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Booked a surprise night out with my wife on the 16th of august 2014 and after searching through numerous websites for hotels I came across this one , my big mistake was not looking at the reveiws and I must say after reading some my instincts were to cancel the booking as we are quite fussy on where we stay , upon arriving we struggled to find a parking place as there was two weddings taking place and thats understandable but we did manage to find one , receptionist was very friendly and helpful and so were the staff to be fair , we checked in at 3pm and to our surprise the room was ok and I suppose like all of blackpools hotels they could do with a much needed revamp .
Evening entertainment was ok and we enjoyed the evening , breakfast was a little disorganised and we managed to find everything we needed and staff didn't look very happy although very helpful.

Overall we enjoyed our stay but 90 pounds for one night's B&B wasn't value for money in our opinion.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank lizardinc
HowardC23, General Manager at Tiffany's Hotel Blackpool, responded to this review, 6 March 2015
Dear Guests,

Thank you for your review.
I am glad you were pleasantly surprised about your over night stay.
We are refurbishing the bedrooms, about 12 have been completed so far, but its an ongoing project.
We hope you come back to see us again in 2015.

Howard.G.Crump MIH

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (434)
Wisbech, Cambs
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

Just got back from another excellent stay at Tiffanys we booked the same suite we have stayed in lots of times before room 213 and found it to be perfect as usual loads of room nice decor beautiful bathroom, stunning view etc etc. Everything was perfect in all aspects and the service in the dining room matched the food top class. Noone can grumble at an eat as much as you want breakfast and a 5 course dinner for the price you pay! Another tip is request a dinner table nearer to the kitchen as you get served a lot quicker as our waiter was spot on and even gave him a good tip as you couldn't fault him proper asset to the hotel! We shall be back without a doubt and wouldn't dream of staying anywhere else in blackpool. Great hotel, great food and great location!

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank AndyH148
Dear Guests,

It was great to read your review. Thanks for taking the time to write such nice comments about your experience here at Tiffany's Hotl.
I am pleased you like the African Suite. It is a great sized and fun room with great sea views.

I look forward to meeting you again in the future.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Stayed it the hotel for 3 nights, 3 adults, 2 children and a toddler!! Rooms ok, a bit tatty and worn but clean!! Lamp shade broken and hanging of in one room. Like a lot of hotels in Blackpool Rooms In need of renovations, needs new carpets in rooms!! Rooms roasting and no fans available at hotel!!(quite poor considering this is on going problem for people) Rooms clean-most staff nice and friendly but woman checking us in not so much, very robotic and not very welcoming at all. Felt like we were a hassle to her. Food was good, entertainment was good! Good location for walking into twin centre. Over all good value for what we paid. Would return if hotel we usually go to not available!! The children with us loved the hotel especially the clock in reception that tells you the time in different country's

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Guests,

Thank you for your constructive comments and your positive comments.
If you hopefully come back again in 2015 we have newly refurbished rooms with new bathrooms, carpets, furniture and fittings, and re decorated.

We hope to see you later this year.

Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Have stayed here for 10 nights in each of the last three summers (and the odd night during winters) and am very surprised at the amount of negative comments about Tiffanys.
Certainly from the outside, it is one of the most impressive buildings along the north prom and reception is also very nicely kept.
Yes, some of the rooms (but by no means all) are slightly dated and in need of maintenance, but for the price you pay all I would expect is a decent bed, a functional bathroom and working facilities. I have never been let down on that score, and have only ever had one experience with a lack of cleanliness.
Breakfast is good (if a little disorganised). Can't comment on the entertainment as I don't go on holiday to spend all evening in a hotel bar, there's too much else on offer in Blackpool of a night.
I'll certainly be back again (god willing) next summer.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Hullgazz
Dear Guests,

It was lovely to read that you have stayed here for so many nights per year. we have listened to our customers and so far this year we have had 2 new car parks tarmacked front and rear, re decorated and carpeted 2 lounges and totally refurbished 12 bedrooms. We are carrying on with all of the rooms. including some disabled adapted ones.

We hope to see you again this summer.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Do not go here spent less than 5mins in room , staff couldn't have been more embarresed , on arrival place looks clean etc but the rooms are a disgrace ,windows stuffed with toilet roll , furniture dated a filthy , bed looked as if it haven't been changed , shower room was so bad I wouldn't even go into it. DO NOT GO THERE

Room Tip: Wouldn't recommend
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank Patricia M
HowardC23, General Manager at Tiffany's Hotel Blackpool, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Dear Guest,

I was surprised to read your very poor review. i would like to find out which room your talking about as none are as bad as you say in your review at all. If you were not happy with your room then why did you not ask to move? I was on 6 days a week and I would have found you an alternative room rather than go home and post a bad review without even mentioning anything to us.
We are in the process of refurbishing our rooms, so if you would have talked to me, then I could have shown you our beautiful new rooms.
It is too late when you have left the premises to help you.
Yours truly,

Howard.G.Crump MIH

Travellers are raving about these Blackpool hotels

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I stayed her with my family and friends for a hen party last night. Can honestly say I have never stayed anywhere like this before. Reception greeting awful and waited 30 mins until service given. Which was poor. If I had been here for a night with my children I would not have stayed as the room were filthy. Cracked bathroom floor tiles. Shower tiles cracked and full of dirt!!!! Bathroom smelt like a pub toilet. They have the cheek to have a policy that if marks are found on the carpet etc charges will be made!!! I don't think it was possible to make any more dirty marks on the carpet to be honest. The furniture is dated, pillows hard and flat. Our bedroom window didn't open and it was so hot in the night, we had a lovely view of scaffolding!!!!

The noise was awful too woken at 7am from night porter banging the doors and talking on his walkie talkie.

Then we went to put our bags in the car but left our toothbrush to clean out teeth in the room after the breakfast. Check out was 10:30, however when I went to use my key to go to the room at 10 it was already mid clean!!!!!

I complained to the manager who listened in a fashion but then said he was too busy and took my details.

Never again I would advise you all to stay away !!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2014
5 Thank Michelle O
Reviewed 10 August 2014

The room was awfull the light was hanging off the wall there was a hole in the bath wallpaper was hanging off the wall and picture also fall off the wall . Stains all over the carpet an the overall experiance was terable most unhelpful hotel I have stayed in.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Kimogam
Dear readers,

From the moment these guests checked in all they were after was a free weekend. They were rude and abusive to staff, and threatened us with poor reviews on Tripadvisor which we do not find acceptable.
Their room was lovely, they knocked off the lamp shade, made the picture loose, and pealed back wall paper in order to try and get a full refund. When i spoke ot the guests, the gent was very aggressive towards myself and rude to the Housekeeper.
They are not welcome back to our hotel in the future.
Yours truly,