“shabby room”

Tiffany's Hotel Blackpool
Ranked #38 of 73 Hotels in Blackpool
“shabby room”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

we booked two months in advance as we have been before and enyojed it we also got a nice room This time however got a drab room which was in need of decorating stains on carpet and a tiny bathroom. We also had to have a cold shower on the first night no hot water it was room number 2. When we complained just said will make a note of it. Bed was clean thankfully

Room Tip: have a look first
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Susan B
HowardC23, General Manager at Tiffany's Hotel Blackpool, responded to this review, 23 December 2014
Dear Guests,

Thank you for your review. I am sorry you were not as impressed with your room this time. If you pay for a sea view room you are guaranteed a sea view instead of a rear room. We are currently refurbishing the rooms, so ask for a refurbished one next stay. I am sorry you did not have hot water, All the boilers are new, so it just needs a few minutes to pull the hot water up from the tanks.

Howard.G.Crump MIH

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (449)
Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed with my young daughter and parents from 18-22nd August. my parents had requested room 225 and myself and my daughter were given room 229. Rooms clean and tidy so no complaints there. I was disappointed not to have a shower though.

breakfast buffet was okay, plenty choice of cereal and hot food. one suggestion would be another toaster as having to queue for toast is a bit annoying! evening meal again was fine, choices decent enough and a basic children's menu for the little ones. one tip go early as restaurant gets very busy on an evening. staff all very helpful and friendly.

Entertainment is what it is in Blackpool in a hotel. You wouldn't expect top acts but we did have a laugh at a few of them. there is plenty entertainment in Blackpool so you don't need to stay in the hotel anyway. Bar staff friendly enough and prices normal for hotel bars.

Only complaint really was last night of our stay in heavy rain the ceiling above our bed decided to leak so after complaining to security at 3am we had to move rooms. the hotel manager Mr Crump dealt with this on our departure and offered us an upgrade on our next visit. my parents also paid an extra £40 for a sea view and then scaffolding was erected outside their room so they were not pleased about that as when getting dressed in the morning one of the workmen said morning and carried on looking in the window! I appreciate work has to be done but I think we should have been notified in advance as I don't think mum was very impressed!

Hotel is ideally located, friendly polite staff and rooms tidy and clean. in need of general update but most places in Blackpool need that. I would definitely stay again though.

Stayed August 2014
2 Thank Lisa S
Dear Guests,

Thank you so much for your review. We are so pleased you enjoyed your Summer Holiday experience here at Tiffany's Hotel.

We all hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 25 August 2014

we stayed here from 18th to 22nd of august. We really enjoyed our stay, made to feel very welcome and comfortable. Room basic but thats all need, food was beautiful, can not fault it, one evening they had ran out of what i wanted but offered me a choice of many different options, i had scampi and was the best scampi I've ever had. Staff lovely and couldnt help you enough. Entertainment at night was good, could do with few more acts other than singers! We will definitely be returning and recommending.

Smith, room 211.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank smithbrow
Dear Guests,

What a lovely cheerful review to reads on these dark nights. Sorry its been a while to respond but its been so busy this year with 50 weddings and loads of functions, dance holidays and guests etc, I have not had time to catch up with my replies. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay so much, and we all look forward to welcoming you back again in the new year.

Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

Had a brilliant weekend at a stunning hotel. Our suite was fantastic (the African themed one) and the staff were helpful and attentive. Yes, it does have minor faults, but doesn't everywhere? They pale to insignificance in the overall feel of the place. Will definitely be staying again.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Andy B
Dear guests,

I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us in the African Suite.
we are also refurbishing the rooms now so please feel free to view them on your next stay.

Best wishes and thanks for the great review,

Kind regards,

Blackpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 August 2014

AMAZING My daughter got married here 16th August 2014. All I can say is PERFECT, from first booking right upto the end of the day and after ( Howard phoned to say that we had left our baby gate) Howard and his staff were excellent. Nothing was too much trouble. Howard made sure the music my daughter had choosen for the ceremony was played on cue as she wanted a 2 minute intro before her bridesmaids entered followed by her and her father. He then had to time two more pieces of music after the ceremony as my daughter wanted something fun to dance down the aisle to with her new husband with all the guests following, Howard was brillant and we all burst out laughing when gang em style started playing on fast speed, this added to the fun, so thanks Howard I don't know if it was deliberate or not but we are glad it happened. We hired the sapphire suite as we had young children and elderly relatives so we wanted everything on the same level, toilets etc.The room was dressed perfectly for both the ceremony and wedding breakfast and evening with the exact colours my daughter wanted, the table decorations were exquiste, food delicious and everyone had seats facing the top table so they could all see the happy couple. Howard was with us all day he helped my daughter up the front steps as the train of her dress was quite long and it took three of them to help hold it up off the floor and also making sure we were happy with everything. The turn around for the room from ceremony to wedding breakfast was extremely quick , just enough time for photos at Stanley park, WE had several people who needed special diets gluten free, and Howard and his team came up Trumps here, and not many places even restaurants cater for these, Howard made sure that their dietary requirements were met, Even setting up on the evening buffet a gluten free section. Thankyou. It's the little touches like this that make all the difference. Not only the Bride and groom had a perfect day everyone did. I recommend anyone who is not only getting married but to anyone who is celebrating a special occasion to take a look at Tiffanys, don't be put off just because its on the prom inside is beautifully presented, clean, friendly staff and of course the one and only Howard Crump the hotels manager (who in my opinion helped make my daughters day PERFECT). You will not be disappointed with this Hotel whatever the occasion.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank SharonCook04
Dear Wedding guests,
Wow what an absolutely wonderful review. Thank you so much for your praise and comments, it really is appreciated. i am only too pleased that their special day went so perfectly.
It was a pleasure looking after their Wedding.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Thank you for everything to did for mine and jamies wedding on the 16th we had a great time the food was lovely and the bar staff was great all the guest had a great time as well and the room we stayed in was lovely. We would recommend anyone who is getting married .. Thank you howard for such am amazing day

Emily and Jamie pass

• Stayed August 2014
HowardC23, General Manager at Tiffany's Hotel Blackpool, responded to this review, 6 March 2015
Dear Happy Couple,

Thank you so much for your lovely review about your wedding with us here at Tiffany's. We have done 50 weddings this year and we strive to ensure that every small details is perfect for the bride and grooms.

We hope you come to stay on your first anniversary.

Best wishes for your future happiness together.

From Howard
Leeds
Reviewed 18 August 2014

My husband and 3 teenagers stayed for the weekend 15 - 17 August.

After forgetting to look at the reviews before booking I checked the day before and felt sick to the pit of my stomach with the negative reviews and was dreading it. As I had paid approximately half up front I just thought what the heck it is only 2 days and we will be out at the pleasure beach/tower for both days.

Upon arrival we were welcomed by a really friendly receptionist.

My husband was arriving later that evening due to work commitments but the receptionist said if he missed dinner they could provide sandwiches which was a lovely gesture.

We had suite 213 and the teenagers a triple room. The suite was lovely and it had a side room. I loved the bongo drum and the African theme.

The kids had room 407 which was clean and tidy.

Breakfast was buffet and was ok. The 5 course meal in the evening was really enjoyable and the guy who served us was really attentive. Don't remember his name but he was the Scottish guy.

There was a wedding on but the hotel did not feel overcrowded and the other patrons were friendly.

The hotel is a little tired in places but so are other hotels in Blackpool where you pay twice or much or more at this time of year. Just short of £500 half board for 5 of us in 2 rooms for the weekend was a bargain as other hotels like that blue one wanted £1,000 for B&B.

I have stayed in many 5* hotels around the world so am not a novice with hotels.

I think some reviewers on here want Buckingham Palace at cheap rates and need to get a life.

We will definitely be back.

Paula, Leeds

Room Tip: Go for a suite or a room with a sea view as I think some negative reviews may be from the cheaper on...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank pethairs
Dear Guests,

Thank you for your wonderful review on our hotel.
We are so pleasure you all enjoyed your stay so much, and for your lovely comments.

We hope you come back and visit us soon.

Kindest regards,