“OMG!!!”

Tiffany's Hotel Blackpool
Ranked #39 of 73 Hotels in Blackpool
Reviewed 14 October 2009

The reception and bar staff were very pleasant and helpful. Its a shame the managers and restaurant staff were unhelpfull and very off handish.
The Seaview room with its white curtains just enhanced the pink neon Tiffany's sign and spot light! The shower was held together with masking tap.
I have never experience such rudeness from a manager in a hotel as I did in the breakfast room. We arrived for breakfast at 8.20am only to be told breakfast didn't start till 8.30am. As I had a meeting at 9am this was unacceptable.The manager must have been cold as he was wearing a scaff . He stuggled to speak let alone be civil.
I did complain and was told the owner would contact me. I am not holding my breath its been over two weeks!!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank paxie1966
Write a ReviewReviews (1,610)

Reviewed 27 September 2009

Have just returned from a weekend away with a friend and was very pleased. Having read the reviews was wandering what we would find but we are the type of people to make our own opinion. I think some people go away with a bad attitude and not happy unless they have something to moan about. If you have a happy disposition you find it rubs off on people around you. If you want 5 star facilities go and pay the price. As for the rude staff we never met one and could not fault them at all, nothing was too much trouble. We had 2 separate single rooms which unfortunately were not together. They were not brilliant but very clean. The lift was an old style but served it's purpose. Yes my tv was a bit dated but my friends room had a brand new flat screen. In any case do you want to go away and watch tv?? We booked bed and breakfast and found the breakfast very enjoyable. We took the opportunity of booking an evening meal and found this to be very good value and very tasty. Varied range of age groups and did not stay in to see the entertainment so cannot comment but there seemed to be many people there to watch it. Plenty of parking and not sure about the slope someone commented on. Will definitely go back again.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank adwheeler
Reviewed 2 September 2009

room was cold dont be fooled by internet room pictures its not what you get shower did not work properly kettle did not work staff unhelpful food was good and the dinind staff were nice receptionist was rude could have reported her there and then but it was a relax holiday for us we did not need the hassel entertainment was terrible people were coming from other hotels but went out again as it was so poor a lot of money paid for a week of nothing but faults will not be returning

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 August 2009

Well after the three hour drive me & my boyfriend arrived outside Tiffany's hotel at the time we didn't really think anything because we where tired & I was sick of driving. There is quite adequate free parking on the front, which is on a very steep slope I am, glad we where there in the middle of May because in the peak time I doubt we would have got a space. We got to the reception desk got our key & set about finding our room. We went to the lift & realised it was one of these old pull across metal door lifts & I thought right here we go. As soon as we got to the third floor we finally found our room at the end of a very long corridor. Ours was ok to find but there was lots of people wandering around looking for there rooms we even had to help a couple get to there's because it was next door to ours but further back. The doors where so small as well you would never get a wheelchair though any of them.
Finally we got into our room & it was quite impressive it was large with a four poster bed in a twin wardrobe, twin bedside cabinets, a TV, chest of drawers, tea making facilities, telephone & of course the bathroom. The bedroom was decorated quite old fashion with a very flowery bed spread & matching curtains with a very dull coloured carpet ok this maybe nice by some peoples standards but not really by mine I tend to like modern things but I thought ok I am in an English hotel here don't be so picky.
After all there was a large window with a sea view.
So I put a smile on & said oh this is nice isn't it to my boyfriend who is usually easily pleased. The first thing we did was explore the bathroom & the first thing that ruined it for me was that I stood on a sharp piece dividing the rooms you know where the metal divider usually is well it wasn't there so I was in quite a bit of pain because I hate hurting my feet I always fear infections. When we looked in the bathroom though some of the tiles where a bit grubby I am not picky but this really put me off but I am afraid the worst is yet to come. My boyfriend ran the Jacuzzi bath to find all bits floating in the water so we took the plug out & went out. When we arrived back there where all bugs coming out of the plug hole so I got my boyfriend to run the bath again but the bits where still there, so the only reason we actually went to the hotel was looking even more silly. We where not going to let this get us down so we went down to dinner & then went straight to bed, there was evening entertainment but we didn't stick around I think they have a lot of tribute acts but we where just to tired to be bothered. The next day we awoke happy & refreshed for another day everything was great we went shopping spent lots of money & ate loads of sugary things, which was great until we wanted a cup of tea when we got back. We found that the kettle was actually broken so we called someone to fix it, a porter came took it away for five minutes & personally I think he brought the same one back because it still didn't work! We decided then to report the problem with the bath. The porter filled the bath looked & said oh it looked like lime scale & said we just had to keep filling it up & getting it out! Well by now I had had enough & reported it properly to the reception where she said she could change our room for one night but it wouldn't have a four poster but we could not be bothered for one night & it was getting quite late so we just forgot about it. The next morning we checked out & I reported the incident & asked for a refund on the extra we had paid for the facilities we didn't receive, & all we where given was a poxy £10 each!! What an insult she said if it wasn't good enough I should take it up with the manager who has apparently just authorised this so I asked to speak to him & she said I would have to ring up!!!! What away to treat guests! I went away from the hotel very annoyed & a bit disappointed I found the staff very unhelpful & not really bothered about the guests. I was upset because it wasn't about the money but it was meant to be a special occasion & it just ruined it what was meant to be a romantic weekend turned out terrible & I would definitely not visit Tiffany's again & to be honest I will have to think hard about taking a weekend break in the UK ever again because if this hotel is anything to go by I wouldn't want to waste my money.
UPDATE
I wrote to the hotel manager about our ordeal & It was not nearly as much of a rant as this review was & I didn't think I would get a reply but low & behold within a week they had written back but to be honest I wish they hadn't have bothered. They basically accused of lying & saying the bath probably was ok on the Friday as we didn't report it (at 11pm at night!!) I thought this was terrible customer service I nearly wrote back to tell them exactly what I thought of there hotel but it didn't seem worth it they obviously where not bothered about there guests.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MidlandsTrolleydolly
Reviewed 5 August 2009

we booked in to tiffanys after seing the beautifull pics on the net, we stayed sun 2nd august to wed 5th august.

The reception area is stunning, the staff however are rude, abrupt and obviously have had none or little training!! the staff in the dining room, some cant speak english!!! wander round as though they dont want to be there.

the breakfast was "average" though dissapointing for the price paid.

I was in a single room, which was very small, a small ensuite which made you feel clostrophobic. dated chipped futniture and dirty carpet.

the room was also next to the lift, which was an old goods lift, it was extremely noisy making it difficult to sleep, guests in the hotel were elderly. the hotel rooms and corridors are "tired" it is not worth the money. this is £15.00 back street BB stuff.

WE WILL NOT STAY AGAIN!! WE WOULD SOONER STAY AT THE KENNELS

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with friends
3  Thank garyg786
Reviewed 9 July 2009

I stayed at Tiffany's with a group of teenagers. Almost everyone else staying there was over 60 and it is this age group that Tiffany's really caters for. The rooms are "homely", not modern. The room I stayed in was small but there are some bigger rooms within the hotel which you can request. The food was fine, nothing too challenging or shocking for the older clientele, but nothing very exciting either. I would descibe the food as very good school dinner standard - comforting and not likely to offend. The best thing was the freshly baked bread with dinner. The staff are lovely, especially on reception and obviously used to accommodating requests from their guests who like things done a certain way. I only saw a small part of the evening entertainment. It was ok, if you like that sort of thing. There's bingo in the afternoon. And cream teas through the week. Like, I say, for older people who will spend the majority of their time at the hotel, not wanting to be bothered with finding restaurants to eat out in or something to do in the evening, Tiffany's is great. For anyone else, try elsewhere.

• Stayed: May 2009
Reviewed 20 June 2009

I have to say after reading the reviews on this hotel we were rather worried after booking our stay at tiffanys. However now after our stay i am extremely happy as we had a wonderful holiday! The room was rather small but clean, food was very nice, staff were really nice and very helpful. The highlight of our stay had to be the entertainment and the bar staff! On the saturaday night we had a male compare who was really nice and very entertaining, the spanish female singer was also brilliant. My daughter aged 16 was very impressed also with dance dynamic and there irish dancing! I have never seen such high class entertainment in a hotel! The girls were very lovely and friendly! Cant wait to come back next year.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family