“We love Tiffanys”

Tiffany's Hotel Blackpool
Ranked #36 of 73 Hotels in Blackpool
Reviewed 9 July 2010

We love Tiffanys, in fact we love the Parisienne as much ,so we go to one and then the other.
It is clean, well cared for, and yes it is a bit old in fact very old, Victorian in fact. there is only so much you can do with a building so old.As long as it's clean and safe, that is all that matters. The food is second to none at both places. And of all the times we have been the waiters have been very prompt and couldn't do enough for you.Regarding the beds. Clean, clean and clean. The sheets and pillowcases and towels from what I can gather are sent to a linen company who wash and return them. If there is a hole somewhere. in a sheet. Well! Anyway we are returning We love it. We love everything about it. Great value for money. Where else can you go in this country for what Tiffannys charge? Well done Tiffanys Keep up the good work.
Mr & Mrs Hindle Oswaldtwistle

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
HowardC23, General Manager at Tiffany's Hotel Blackpool, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2010

Dear Mr/s Hindle,

Thank you so much for your positive review about your recent stay with us at Tiffany's Hotel.
We are so pleased you enjoyed your holiday, and I look forward to weklcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 4 July 2010

From the outside the hotel looks run down. Reception has been refurbished and looks quite upmarket and clean. The rooms are the complete opposite as my pictures will show. As a family of 4 we had 2 rooms next to each other on the 4th floor. The lift only goes to the third but this didnt matter anyway as the lift is so old that it has to cage doors that when left open slightly on any floor renders the lift useless as it cannot be called.
The rooms were terrible. Bedsheets were relatively clean but were full of holes and burns. The ceiling tiles needed replacing with some looking like they could fall in at any point. There were watermarks all down the walls where the ceiling had been leaking. The toilet roll holder was broken with only one side of it actually on the wall. There were dirty marks all round the shower, it was absolutely disgusting. The carpet in the bedroom was long past the stage of shampooing and just needed to be put in the bin! The radiator leaked all over the floor when turned on and the window frames were so dirty we didnt want to touch them. The beds had legs missing and were proped up on wooden blocks and the headboard wasnt even attached properly, had nails sticking out and struggled to even stay upright. There was a 3 inch gap between the floor and the bottom of the door which meant you could hear everything going on in the room from the hall and everything going on in the hall from the room.
The hotel itself (apart from the reception) is very rundown. All the hallways to the rooms need refurbished and are actually dangerous with electrical mains wires exposed at joining points. If you don't have problems with balance BEFORE staying here you will afterwards as all the staircases are on an extremely noticeable slant with my 15 year old brother having to hang on to the railings to get up and down them.
We only stayed for bed and breakfast and thank god we did because the breakfast was poor. Service was atrocious with requests for tea coffee and toast having to be made several times before it was actually brought. Tables were very rarely made up and every morning we had to hunt for cutlery and cups and saucers. The food itself wasnt brilliant, if you like burnt cold food then this is the place for you.
Parking was a nightmare, not enough spaces for people staying there and everyone had to double park and hand their keys to reception so that they could move your car to let other people out and to be honest I wouldnt have trusted any of the staff there with a toy car nevermind my car.
The staff were another matter altogether, I have never been to a hotel with such unpleasant, unhelpful staff. Firstly, one of the receptionists stood badmouthing my mother to another receptionist clearly not realising I could hear her. Then the concierge (who was about 60) went in a strop about having to show us to the 4th floor. Then in the lounge I recieved a dirty glass at the bar and asked for a clean one, the next time I went to the bar the barman from before shouted to the one currently serving me (who was giving me the froth from the bottom of the barrel) "Watch what your doing, she's the one that complained before." in full view of everyone standing at the bar.

The only slightly redeeming feature of the hotel was the entertainment which was slightly above average but clearly catered for those of a certain age...ie. ancient.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank twentysplenty
HowardC23, General Manager at Tiffany's Hotel Blackpool, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2010

Dear Guests,
I am shocked to read your review on your recent stay with us at Tiffany's Hotel.
I do not recognise the photographs you have published on here, perhaps you could inform me of which one you stayed in.
If you were so unhappy with your stay why did you not ask to speak to me, i could have changed your room for you, nothing was reported to reception. this is the first time i have heard about your dissatisfaction. There is very little I can do once guests depart the hotel. If you would have given us a chance to rectify any problems while you were in residence we could have ensured you had a fabulos stay with us as all our other customers do.
We have over 85% of regular guests returning to us time after time with nothing but praise, so you can imagine how shocked i was to read your comments.
I would like to point out that with regards to saying we have live wires exposed on the corridors, this is not the case.

Reviewed 27 June 2010

Spacious smart modern reception great first impression.
Our room had a beautiful 4 poster bed with a great bay window sea view and jaccuzzi bath. The bedroom was quiet and we had a great nights sleep.
The staff were all courteous and professional offering great service.
The entertainment at night time was great, especially Vikki La Plume very funny and great costumes.
We really enjoyed our stay and will recommend this hotel to all our friends and family.
WELL DONE TIFFANY'S!!!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
HowardC23, General Manager at Tiffany's Hotel Blackpool, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2010

Dear Guests,

I am pleased you had a great holiday with us and you enjoyed our facilities and the service we provided for you.
I look forward to welcoming you back to Tiffany's in the near future.

Howard.G.Crump

Reviewed 26 June 2010

food excellent. staff friendly nothing to much trouble for them.bar staff realy good, rooms okay for the prices. overall a great break

• Stayed: June 2010

Dear Guests,

Thank you for your review. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, and we all look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 15 June 2010

I am a Registered Manager at a care home on Merseyside; I recently stayed at Tiffany’s to allow one of my clients who has special needs to experience a short holiday away from her normal environment. I was recommended Tiffany’s by other managers who had stayed there before. The total experience for my client was exceptional; the staff could not do enough for her, helping her to enjoy her stay. The room was beautifully furnished and decorated and had light refreshments and hot water facilities, there was also a flat screen TV with freeview channels. The en-suite bathroom was spotless and well laid out. The meals were really well presented and of a high quality. There was a full waiter service and the attended to my clients every need. The evening entertainment was very good and my client enjoyed every moment of it (This was the latest that she has ever stayed up). I would like to thank the management for there efforts in making this hotel available for those with special needs and a big thank you to the staff for their patience and kindness towards my client and myself.
I would defiantly recommend this hotel to anyone that asked.

Mrs E Dowling
Bootle
Merseyside

• Stayed: June 2010
HowardC23, General Manager at Tiffany's Hotel Blackpool, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2010

Dear Mrs Dowling,

I was so pleased to hear that you and your client had a great time with us. Thank you for your lovely review here on Tripadvisor it is appreciated.
I will pass on your comments to the staff, and we all look forward to seeing you here again in the near future.

Howard Crump MIH

Reviewed 13 June 2010

My husband and I have just enjoyed a midweek break at Tiffanys. We have been 7 times now and enjoyed everyone of them. Usually go in a party but went alone this time and met some fabulous people and had loads of laughs. The food as always was first class and nothing too much trouble for the staff in the restaurant with the Manager always on hand and observant of guests needs. The room we had was very pleasant and well cared for by the housekeeping staff. Entertainment as always was brilliant with a special mention of Vicki La Plume, entertaining everyone with his new act and new costumes, what a star performer he is. If you want variety, good food, pleasant staff and a warm welcome, go to Tiffanys and have a good break at a fraction of the cost that it could cost you at other hotels.

Dear Guests,
I hope you had a safe journey back to Llandudno. I am just writing to thank you for your positive review on Tripadvisor. I will pass on your comments to the staff and entertainers, and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 10 June 2010

hotel very clean staff very helpfull and obligin meals excerlent entertainment ok for time of year next time would go july as were youngest there or friday to monday

Dear Guests,
We were very pleased to read that you had such a good time at Tiffany's Hotel on your recent break with us.
I do hope to meet you again soon on your next visit to us.
Thank you for your positive review.