“Holiday”

Tiffany's Hotel Blackpool
Ranked #38 of 73 Hotels in Blackpool
Reviewed 17 August 2010

I stayed in the hotel a few times before I never had any cause to say anything but this time I was disappointed the room was not very clean there was a large amount of dust on the pelment on one occassion the room was not serviced ie bed not made rubbish not collected the teaspoons were not very clean either,on the plus side the reception staff were very good and helpful,the food was excellent the waitress Fong was really brillant and couldnt do enough to make sure we h.ad everything we wanted.The only real complaint was the cleanlisness.I had always said about the standard of this hotel before but now I am not able to do that its a pity because the suitaion is excellent and the view from the junior suite on the first floor was lovely.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
HowardC23, General Manager at Tiffany's Hotel Blackpool, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2010

Dear Guests,

Thank you for your review regarding your holiday with us at Tiffany's Hotel.
I am sorry you had issues with your room cleanliness. I would be interested in knowing which room you stayed in as I personally checked all 120 room on Monday for cleanliness and maintenance checks and I did not find any dirty rooms.
I am pleased you enjoyed your meals and service from our staff. I will hold a meeting with the Housekeeping department to inform them of your constructive comments.
I do hope to be able to meet you during your next stay with us. Please ask for me on check in as I would like to personally welcome you.

Kindest regards,

There are newer reviews for Tiffany's Hotel Blackpool

Reviewed 14 August 2010

After being booked into Tiffanys with my husband as a surprise birthday treat,by my daughter & son in law I had a brilliant weekend. The rooms were spotless, food was of an exceptionally high standard, with plenty of choice. Service was second to none, staff couldn't do enough for us.The evening entertainment just made the weekend, not having to go out & find somewhere to enjoy our evening. I would highly reccommend Tiffanys to anyone,any age group are nall catered for, except it's not a place for children really.Although they were also made very welcome, but not enough to them occupied. An excellent hotel for an adult holiday!! Will be back,have already booked.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank mum025
HowardC23, General Manager at Tiffany's Hotel Blackpool, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2010

Dear Guests,
I am so pleased to read your positive review on trip advisor with regards to your recent stay with us at Tiffanys Hotel.
I look forward to meeting you on your next stay with us.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 23 July 2010

we stayed in room 329 it was in a bad state of repair holes in wall above mirrow holes in bathroom and genral smell of damp didnt complain at the time just thouhgt we were unlucky as we stayed there 4 years ago and it was brill however at 1 in the morning we were woke up to dripping sounds wen we put the light on water was comming through the ceiling at the bottom of the bed!!!!!! we phoned reception and were told to put TOWELS DOWN. come on it was like falty towers. next morning nothing said dont think the staff can be botherd to speak to each other. also the third floor there were floor boards showing in parts were the carpet had been removed wats all that about. the lift still had an iron door witch if not closed would not work.throw back from the 60s. so we had to take to the threadbare carpets on the stairs this hotel has gone down hill so much its a crying shame thank god we only stayed 1 night bbem and that was 70 pounds!!!!!! if i wanted a dirty damp dump i could have got one for 20 pounds up the road. come on tiffany get your act together and get it sorted..... dont rip people off who can ill aford it.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank jackie069
HowardC23, General Manager at Tiffany's Hotel Blackpool, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2010

Dear Guests,

With reference to your points raised on your review, I feel your comments are unjust with regards your bedroom. I have checked the room and it is of a good standard.
With regards to the area in the corridor, we have just placed an order for all brand new modern carpet for that whole area on all three floors. The reason we have been holding back on the order is because we are refurbishing rooms in that area and we did not want the new carpet to get damaged.
I hope to be able to meet you personally on your next stay with us to show you the improvements made.

Kind Regards,

Howard.G.Crump

Reviewed 19 July 2010

Me and my husband and two children stayed in tiffany hotel in blackpool for a week we went with a coach company along side 34 other passengers.when we arrive there the staff where friendly and helpful. the rooms were ok for price reason. the food was excellent and service was quick for the number of staff used.we liked how the table was allocated for the week. We thought that the jug water should of been on the table to put less pressure on the staff. the setting was nice.the only problen was that there was a leck in the roof that set of the fire alarm. In blackpool there is pently to do it is a good family place to go. overall the hoilday was wonderful

• Stayed: July 2010
Reviewed 17 July 2010

We have just spent our third visit to Tiffany's and just before we went I read the awful review posted recently and wondered if the hotel had gone downhill. I was delighted to discover this is not the case. The hotel as always is very clean with no complaints from us. Like the other reviewer we had rooms on the fourth floor, three in total for us and our children and this was fine for us as we are all quite fit and used the stairs rather than the lift. Perhaps a bit of comunication regarding age would be helpful before putting people on this floor? Our room was very well seviced every day and we felt we had everything we could have asked of a hotel in this price range. My husband and I regularly travel and stay in a wide range of hotels ranging from about £50 a night to £500 a night depending on what we are doing - the expensive ones are when we are on our own! Sometimes I think people are very unrealistic at what they expect when they pay a low price. Tiffany's is an affordably priced hotel and for this money has always exceded our expectations. The entertainment is probably not our cup of tea due to our age, but it is very suitable for the majority of the people there who seemed to be having a great time!
Oh and we also found an amazing restaurant in the centre called Toast. The food is awsome and we ate there every night!
Thank for another very pleasant stay and no doubt we will be back!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
HowardC23, General Manager at Tiffany's Hotel Blackpool, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2010

Dear Guests,
I was very pleased to read your positive reviw about your recent stay with us at Tiffany's Hotel.
I would like to thank you for oyur time in writing your review, and we all look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 9 July 2010

We love Tiffanys, in fact we love the Parisienne as much ,so we go to one and then the other.
It is clean, well cared for, and yes it is a bit old in fact very old, Victorian in fact. there is only so much you can do with a building so old.As long as it's clean and safe, that is all that matters. The food is second to none at both places. And of all the times we have been the waiters have been very prompt and couldn't do enough for you.Regarding the beds. Clean, clean and clean. The sheets and pillowcases and towels from what I can gather are sent to a linen company who wash and return them. If there is a hole somewhere. in a sheet. Well! Anyway we are returning We love it. We love everything about it. Great value for money. Where else can you go in this country for what Tiffannys charge? Well done Tiffanys Keep up the good work.
Mr & Mrs Hindle Oswaldtwistle

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple

Dear Mr/s Hindle,

Thank you so much for your positive review about your recent stay with us at Tiffany's Hotel.
We are so pleased you enjoyed your holiday, and I look forward to weklcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 4 July 2010

From the outside the hotel looks run down. Reception has been refurbished and looks quite upmarket and clean. The rooms are the complete opposite as my pictures will show. As a family of 4 we had 2 rooms next to each other on the 4th floor. The lift only goes to the third but this didnt matter anyway as the lift is so old that it has to cage doors that when left open slightly on any floor renders the lift useless as it cannot be called.
The rooms were terrible. Bedsheets were relatively clean but were full of holes and burns. The ceiling tiles needed replacing with some looking like they could fall in at any point. There were watermarks all down the walls where the ceiling had been leaking. The toilet roll holder was broken with only one side of it actually on the wall. There were dirty marks all round the shower, it was absolutely disgusting. The carpet in the bedroom was long past the stage of shampooing and just needed to be put in the bin! The radiator leaked all over the floor when turned on and the window frames were so dirty we didnt want to touch them. The beds had legs missing and were proped up on wooden blocks and the headboard wasnt even attached properly, had nails sticking out and struggled to even stay upright. There was a 3 inch gap between the floor and the bottom of the door which meant you could hear everything going on in the room from the hall and everything going on in the hall from the room.
The hotel itself (apart from the reception) is very rundown. All the hallways to the rooms need refurbished and are actually dangerous with electrical mains wires exposed at joining points. If you don't have problems with balance BEFORE staying here you will afterwards as all the staircases are on an extremely noticeable slant with my 15 year old brother having to hang on to the railings to get up and down them.
We only stayed for bed and breakfast and thank god we did because the breakfast was poor. Service was atrocious with requests for tea coffee and toast having to be made several times before it was actually brought. Tables were very rarely made up and every morning we had to hunt for cutlery and cups and saucers. The food itself wasnt brilliant, if you like burnt cold food then this is the place for you.
Parking was a nightmare, not enough spaces for people staying there and everyone had to double park and hand their keys to reception so that they could move your car to let other people out and to be honest I wouldnt have trusted any of the staff there with a toy car nevermind my car.
The staff were another matter altogether, I have never been to a hotel with such unpleasant, unhelpful staff. Firstly, one of the receptionists stood badmouthing my mother to another receptionist clearly not realising I could hear her. Then the concierge (who was about 60) went in a strop about having to show us to the 4th floor. Then in the lounge I recieved a dirty glass at the bar and asked for a clean one, the next time I went to the bar the barman from before shouted to the one currently serving me (who was giving me the froth from the bottom of the barrel) "Watch what your doing, she's the one that complained before." in full view of everyone standing at the bar.

The only slightly redeeming feature of the hotel was the entertainment which was slightly above average but clearly catered for those of a certain age...ie. ancient.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank twentysplenty
HowardC23, General Manager at Tiffany's Hotel Blackpool, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2010

Dear Guests,
I am shocked to read your review on your recent stay with us at Tiffany's Hotel.
I do not recognise the photographs you have published on here, perhaps you could inform me of which one you stayed in.
If you were so unhappy with your stay why did you not ask to speak to me, i could have changed your room for you, nothing was reported to reception. this is the first time i have heard about your dissatisfaction. There is very little I can do once guests depart the hotel. If you would have given us a chance to rectify any problems while you were in residence we could have ensured you had a fabulos stay with us as all our other customers do.
We have over 85% of regular guests returning to us time after time with nothing but praise, so you can imagine how shocked i was to read your comments.
I would like to point out that with regards to saying we have live wires exposed on the corridors, this is not the case.