“A break to remember”

The President Hotel
Ranked #50 of 70 Hotels in Blackpool
“A break to remember”
Reviewed 23 March 2010

Just got back from Blackpool after a long weekend we were celebrating our golden wedding with the family and they had paid for the Presidential Suite four poster bed, jacuzzi, sitting room, with a sea view to die for. Food excellent three choices from the hot menu staff very friendly and helpful , breakfast full english, toast, cereals and plenty of it. as a retired chef I couldt fault the restuarant. Housekeeper asked if we needed anything, bar staff brilliant. Thank you to everybody for making our Golden Wedding special

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (292)
Oswaldtwistle
Reviewed 21 March 2010

Stayed two nights on weekend break, two mature couples. Hotel clean, staff pleasant and helpful, food excellent especially breakfast, entertainment ok. Only grumble we had was that the beds were very hard as a result of which we didn't sleep very well. Other than that overall a value for money short break.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with friends
south yorkshire
Reviewed 16 March 2010

Had the unfortunate experience of staying at this hotel over the weekend 13th to 16th March. I am not a complainer really ,and for the first 2 days I thought well, maybe we've got what we paid for. But on reflection and due to the fact that I do read the reviews on this siteI feel I have to point out a few things. Our room (302) was probably the smallest double room I have ever stayed in. The wardrobe doors would not open without moving the bed. The bed base was broken. Every tile on the floor of the newly tiled bathroom were loose. There were no soaps and shampoos etc. The television was old and the picture on it was rubbish. The only plus was that it fairly clean, very warm with a thermostaticly controlled valve on the radiator, the shower worked well.
The breakfast buffet food was fine but trying to get it was a nightmare. No milk at the cerial counter. No glasses at the drinks counter. No bread at the toaster. no teapots at the tea counter. No cuttlery on the table. But worst of all only 2 staff clearing up. 2 staff taking ALL the flack from most of the guests who all had something to complain about. The person in charge keeping well out of the way.
The eveing meal was pretty much the same apart from the food. This was well below average.
Drinking comfotably in the lounge bar upstairs would have requires sitting in swimwear. Everybody complianer about the heat. The service ast the bar was reaaly bad. At one point I one of the guests in our party was asked to wate 5 minutes even though there was 2 members of staff behind the bar. Then not only did the longe bar close but all the lights in the lounge were turned off. This was obviously a ploy to get evryone down stairs to watch the sustandard Etertainment (Apart from sunday they were quite good). #this resulted in most of our party going out to another pub in town.The lady behind the bar on saturday and sunday worked really hard serving,selling bingo, collecting glasses.
(I would have voted for her if had been give a voting slip for our favorite member of staff). Compare "Steph" was also very entertaining with is bingo calling style.
Unfortunatly most of the staff were not friendly in the slitest but I do feel that it is not thier fault. I feel that at times when they need back up from people in authortiy they have no one to turn to. I get the impression that absolutly no cusomer care training is carried out. I feel that the MANAGEMENT (Not the Staff) are fully responsible for the poor service and customer care in this hotel.

• Stayed March 2010

Travellers are raving about these Blackpool hotels

wigan
Reviewed 8 March 2010

just come back from the new president hotel in blackpool,been there 3 days for a family birthday,nothing is to much trouble for the people at this hotel,very frendly,food is fantastic,
to please 12 people all the time is a miracle,
only down side , got to restaurant at 9.15am on one of the days not much left and chef didn't want to do anymore,he did some scrambled eggs eventully after some persuading ,but don't let that put you off,
this hotel is very good, it is no wonder that they have won awards and will continue to win them if they keep up this standard

tony kenny

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank tonkwigan
london
Reviewed 8 March 2010

poor customer service. poor heating poor furniture (old and broken) a 1 star hotel for a 2 star price. the head chef though has cooked for the queen for 14 years, presumbly the iceland packages in the kitchen denote a fondness for kerry katona's fare of her majesty we were not aware of. there are rooms in blackpool for 20 pounds a nght, you may a well pay that

• Stayed February 2010, travelled solo
3 Thank d4mbcc
Wigan
Reviewed 4 March 2010

Stayed here on Saturday with friends, when checking in we was greeted by Phil, he allocated us to Room 211, as we walked towards the room we was greeted with a smell of curry, I think our room was over the Kitchens, outside the room was a broken table, and all the backs of the hotel so you can imagine, and you could here some noises like fans/vents??? So our guess was that we was over the kitchens!! Whilst getting ready just about to get in the shower and the electrics went just the sockets only, but this made the shower freezing cold, and we could not dry our hair or straighten, I went down to reception to be greeted by Phil again, I said Hi are you OK? Can you tell me what is happening with the electrics cos we need to get ready for a hen party, he replied unkindly and raised his hands and said I am doing my best... I have just rang them now bare with me, which I can understand but the way he spoke to me I thought was quite rude, then he had the cheek to say to me and my friend can we put something on our feet whilst walking around the hotel!!! Ermmmm the electrics had just gone! I'll just grab my shoes...... Luckily cos we travelled in a group of friends, we had some friends staying on the fourth floor so managed to get do our hair in their room!!! but still had to have a freezing cold shower which was not good for £66.00 per night. After this the weekend seemed to be good, we came back to the hotel greeted by the night guard a friendly sole, morning rised and we was looking at pictures from the night before reminissing, we packed our bags, went for breakfast and left.... Whilst travelling home I thought I dont remember packing my camera then and the last time I had it was in the am in the bed looking at pics cos we was all laughing. When I got home I unpacked to find I had not packed the camera gutted!!!! I rang the hotel ASAP and spoke to friendly Phil, I explained I stayed in room 211 and my circumstances. He said the cleaners are in there now I will go and check for you and ring you back, He rang me back to say that they had left but nothing has been handed in, but it could be in the cleaning cupboard. He said I will speak with them tomorrow and ring you back. Noone rang me back, since then me and my husband have rang the hotel 5 times of which noone had spoken to the cleaners by this time!!!! Surely they have telephone numbers and no which cleaner was allocated room 211 to clean! I rang again Tuesday morning to my delight Phil answered the phone, He told me NO its not here we have not found it!!! Why could he not ring me and let me know... I know 100% I left my camera in the room and have friends who witnessed this, All is I can say is loyalty is not in this hotels favour, I am quite upset that they could not get me my camera, I know it is my fault I left it there, but would like to know were it has actually gone!!! Now we have had to buy a new camera, I would not stay at this hotel again, the rooms are very standard, the restaurant and bar seem nice!! But I will not be staying here again, I am upset with this hotel, the fact I know I had not lost the camera I had left it there.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank nicki254955
Yorkshire
Reviewed 4 March 2010

Average hotel. Some rooms very warm, others cold, clean but minimal (no toiletries unlike most hotels). Buffet breakfast better than most places but don't put your cuttlery down - your plate will be gone! The bar was far from a budget priced hotel. In fact two bottles of wine were the same price as the B & B. Advice: Don't pay for the wine until you have tried it - it was probably the worst I have ever had and they refused to exchange or refund. It is probably the first time ever that I have ever thrown a whole bottle of wine away as non of my party could tolerate it!

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business