“Fantastic B&B would recommend to anyone!”

Abbey Lodge Blackpool
Ranked #143 of 858 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Chester
“Fantastic B&B would recommend to anyone!”
Reviewed 5 July 2012

Well what can I say I went here last month on the half term. I work in a School and wanted a nice small break away. I love Blackpool and it's a very special place to me. Have so many good memories. It's just a shame so many people slag it off.

As me and my partner arrived we were greeted and helped by a lovely man (sorry I have forgot your name!) He helped carry up the bags and was so welcoming.

I loved how there was a book inside with ideas on where to go and eat out. I thought the room was very stylish and the bed was so comfy! Was very happy with the room. The one we were in was small but I preferred that to a big room with poor decorations.

I have stayed many times in small b&b's in Blackpool and this was one of the better ones. Well worth the money and will be staying again in the future.

The breakfast was very well cooked too, I enjoyed it. I am not normally an early eater so didn't each much but it was tasty. The Black pudding was from Bury.... yum yum

I parked my car not far from the b&b and it was very cheap only £14 for 3 nights. Had no problems better then paying silly money.

I would recommend this if you want a cheap break away, I personally think they could charge more it was that good! Lovely deisgn and feel to it.

The lady who worked there was so nice too and to top my week off my boyfriend proposed to me up the tower!!

Room Tip: If you struggle with stairs maybe not the best as they were very hard to get up. If you want more...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 July 2012

3rd time staying...a good check-in. Had the King room on the 2nd floor. Furnished to a good standard and clean..£60/night for the room including a very acceptable cooked breakfast. The 2 boys that run the place are very welcoming and the mum 'Pat' is there to make you feel very at home. Location...a 5-7 minute walk to the seafront. When in Blackpool, this place makes a good 2nd choice to the Hilton...more personable; the only 2 places I would return to in Blackpool usually. Make sure you check my review of the trentwood for somewhere a bit more basic. Note the wifi works in the bar lounge area only.

This is NOT the place for Hen parts and the like.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 June 2012

Was made to feel very welcomed from the onset. Room was excellent and very modern. The hotel was immaculate and so was all the decor throughout. The room I had was very homely and just the right size. The breakfast was excellent and there was a broad choice to choose from. I could go on and on, but this hotel deserves to be reviewed by keeping this short and sweet. Steve and Dean made us feel very welcomed and were very friendly and helpful. I intend to come back and stay here later in the year. I would thoroughly recommend this as a must stay hotel as it was just perfect.

• Stayed June 2012
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 June 2012

we have just got back from our 2 night stay at the Abbey lodge hotel. we had a fantastic and relaxing stay. the hotel and rooms were immaculately clean and decorated. the breakfast was really nice and there was definitely service with a smile from deans mum. the location was excellent a 5 minute walk to center near the tower etc. our bed was so comfy we had 2 great nights sleep and defiantly couldn't hear any noise.

Dean and Steve were so welcoming and friendly. we have stayed in Blackpool many times and we will now book into this lovely hotel every time in future.

see you soon.
thanks
Cherry & Dion

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 May 2012 via mobile

We stayed at the Abbey Lodge for two nights, we were made very welcome from the moment we walked in until we checked out on the Sunday! Dean & Steve are a great couple, they made us feel like old friends & done everything they could to make our stay enjoyable! Can't wait to go back & visit them again

• Stayed June 2011
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 May 2012

stayed for the weekend 18th to the 20th. The hotel is tastefully decorated, enough food to last you through the day, and hot and very tasty. poached, boiled, fried egg, and all the trimmings. Hot coffee and tea! The owners are two wonderful people who look after you from start to finish. Shall be returning again in the future. Just a shame Blackpool still caters for hen and stag do's,as the town would benefit from families and couples to help regenerate the place. Still a little overpriced but our hotel lifted our spirits no end. Thanks guys!!!!!!!!!!!!! Would highly reccommend!

Room Tip: All good! all lovely!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 May 2012 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend travelled down to Blackpool for my first ever experience ( yes at the age of 25) from the minute we got to the B&B the high standard was set, we got such a lovely greeting by one of the owners dean! The bar area was so nicely decorated very up to date couldn't fault it one bit!

Dean then showed us to our room we had booked one of the king rooms and as I walked in the door I just thought wow they room was stunning and very well decorated and so clean! The TV was so easy to work just a Case of switching it on!

The en suite was perfect for what you need it for, a few other reviews have complained about the size but all you need it for is a shower and to use the loo why waste space on a bigger bathroom? It was perfect for us! The bathroom was super clean.

The bed what can I say? Wow was super super comfy best few nights sleep in a long time! Gorgeous sheets and pillows and so fresh! Perfect combo!

At breakfast each day we where greeted and giving toast as a starter and then ordered our breakfast which was so good, it set us up for the day!! top notch quality!

Over all i would say you would be mad to not come and stay here the other poor reviews I have read I really can't understand where they have came from because our experience has been amazing from start to end so get booking now as you will really not be disappointed!

And a big thank you to Sean and Steve who made my first experience to Blackpool perfect! You's have a fansatic bed and breakfast! We will diffenently be back!!

Thank you!!!

Nicole and Craig from Glasgow! :)

• Stayed May 2012