“Fabulous stay here”

Abbey Lodge Blackpool
Ranked #149 of 863 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

I ended up staying here last minute, as I was ment to stay in a guest house a few doors down, but I'm glad I ended up staying here as I feel it was more suited to my taste, and if I was to stay in Blackpool again, this will be my choice and I'll recommend it, Steve and Dean, are fabulous hosts, and me my daughter and my sister arriving last minute they were so helpful, the room was a good size, with a tiny bathroom area but that is the building not a reflection on anything really,and don't mean they were all like that, The breakfast I must say they go all out, with juice, tea, coffee, cereal, breakfast bars, etc, an then a cooked breakfast with all the trimmings, or modified if you wish, I would say it's better than I expected, and with the confusing experience with where I actually made a reservation, this place actually blew that out the water, I would recommend staying here to anyone who is reading this, location to beach is bout 5/10min walk if that, and then it's all go ,good job lads, thank you so much we totally enjoyed it,

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank N P

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Stayed for 2 nights for my hubbies birthday. Dean & Steve run a lovely guest house. The room was clean and we didn't hear any noise overnight. The bed was comfy and the only problem we had was the shower door which was not attached at either end. When we mentioned it we were told we were supposed to be moved to another room, but Steve took us up to ours while Dean was trying to sort another booking out. We managed with it for the stay & they apologised to us. The breakfast kept us going all day - it was enormous. Nothing was too much trouble & we'd definitely recommend this Guest House, though probably won't be visiting Blackpool again for some time!

Room Tip: We had a room on the top floor. Very quiet but quite small.
1  Thank Sue W
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Six of us stayed here for a weekend and we all found our hosts (Dean and Steve) very friendly and helpful.
The room was clean and comfortable and the breakfast was excellent.

And Dean is a great barman!

Would gladly stay again.

Room Tip: Ash room!! Nice and quiet!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Stayed for 2 nights at The Abbey Lodge book last minuet, luckily they had a room for us, we would defiantly recommend to all, Room lovely and cosy all the little extra's you need like biscuits to go with the coffee and tea,iron, fan it you get to warm all in all very clean and the beds are very comfortable .
Dean & Steve are great hosts and do a mean breakfast will defiantly go back, I would say the best B&B in Blackpool,nothing was too much trouble for them.
Great location
If carlsberg did b&b's it would be this one!

Reviewed 15 August 2014

We have spent a 3 night break, at Abbey Lodge and had a great time, Dean and Steve were amazing hosts, the rooms are spotless nothing is too much trouble for the guys and Steves breakfasts are a legend. I would most definitely recommend this hotel. We will definitely return.

Room Tip: We had a room on the front there was no noise either road or neighbourhood, excellent hotel.
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Once again I had the pleasure in staying in this great hotel. Dean and Steve were as welcoming as my previous visit they were fantastic in looking after all our needs.ie food, comfort and guidance on best place to go and eat in Blackpool.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Had a very comfortable stay at Abbey lodge, breakfast was spot on, our room was clean and comfortable. Dean and Steve have good knowledge of the area and great advice on bars and restaurants. The location was walking distance to Blackpool tower and central pier.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family