“Really friendly people”

Abbey Lodge Blackpool
Ranked #148 of 864 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 October 2009

I must admit that my room here left a little to be desired. The bed wasn't really that comfortable, the towels were so new they left fluff all over me and the room was very small.

But it WAS good value for money and I think I got the last room in the place. The breakfast was brilliant, and the chap and his mum who run the place were really attentive, really kind, and did their utmost to ensure I (and seemingly everyone) had a good stay.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled on business

Reviewed 16 September 2009

Stayed here to celebrate our anniversary for a weekend We were greeted on arrival by Dean who explained all the rules thoroughly to us, about fire alarms, etc and how they went off if you stood under it with a hair dryer. Not a problem.

Breakfasts over the weekend were fantastic and helped out by Deans mom who was lovely.

They also did an evening meal there too, but we never got to sample it.

Someone always had the time to chat and serve you and help around town, telling you where the best places were.

Parking was up another street which wasn't a problem and the car was very well looked after.

We didn't want to come home!!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 August 2009

Having scoured lastminute.com for a good hotel in blackpool my partner and I stumbled across this one and were pleasantly surprised by all the great reviews so we booked up and prayed the hotel lived up to the reviews.

To say it did was an understatment. We were greeted by Dean who took us to our room and showed us around. The room was homely and comfortable with plenty of space to move around. The hotels location was perfect for getting to the main attractions such as the tower, central pier, louis toussauds etc.

The service we received was fantastic. Breakfast was a lovely full english with cereals on offer and Pat was always very chatty while she served you in the morning. As well as this if you needed any help during the day on what you could do she was always ready with plenty of suggestions on what would keep you entertained for the whole day.

Overall I have to say Steve, Dean and Pat gave wonderful service and most certainly made the place seem like a home away from home for people. I would definitely recommend this place to other people and I'll certainly be visiting again next time I venture off to Blackpool.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 March 2009

we was greeted on arrrival by steve who showed us 2 room and told us what resttuarants was best to go to and had a lovely night with dean at the hotel bar they are a lovely down to earth couple the breakfast the next morning was fab thank you both x

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hawksy2
Reviewed 9 December 2008

My family stayed at the Abbey Hotel for a short weekend break.
We were welcomed by Steve at the door who was kind enough to help us with our heavy cases. What a fab couple they were very helpful and obliging. Hotel was very clean and very warm.

Could not be faulted, everything was fab!!!!!!!

I would definetly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for somewhere to stay at Blackpool

will be going back next year.

Alesa Oates

• Stayed: November 2008
Reviewed 19 November 2008

My friend booked the hotel for 4 couples to celebrate my wifes birthday. He suggested Blackpool as we have never been there before.

The hotel lived up to every expectation and I would highly recommend it to everyone. And obviously, one of the plus factors were the rates. Not to mention the clealiness, the customer service and the breakfast. Yes, definitely a 4 star hotel.

Good luck Steve and to his mother (I think thats right) who was there and ... my memory ... yes, the tram driver - forgot your name, sorry.

• Stayed: July 2008