“Nothing” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #101 of 913 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Invergordon
“Nothing”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2009

Well we booked and paid for our trip to Blackpool and staying at the Abbey Lodge hotel through Last Minute.com back in July. It was the worse start to a trip ever, as per our conformation from Lastminute we called the hotel before we started our 7 hour drive south to Blackpool, but got no answer just eventually forwarded to a fax machine. We tried all day during our drive but still no reply, when we got there there were no lights on but we were advised the place was not manned so we went for something to eat.

After continuing to call we headed back to the hotel only to find out from neighbouring hotels that the hotel we booked was closed as the owner was on holiday, we then had to find alternative accomodation while on the street with nowhere else to go.

I have found this a very poor customer experiance, and up to now I am not sure if the blame lies with Lastminute or from the hotel who had taken our payment. Not heard from the hotel since and I have had to chase lastminute since I came back and may get a refund in another ten working days, again very poor since I paid right away when booking.

I am only marking this hotel down due to not getting in so I cannot mark it positively and not due to the fact we got into the hotel. For as much as I am marking the hotel as not recomending them it is also directed at lastminute.

Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Harry_mcc
steve3432, owner at Abbey Lodge Blackpool, responded to this review, 19 January 2010
We are sorry for the inconvenience you encountered when visiting Blackpool. We were unable to accommodate your booking and Lastminute were made aware of this a month before your arrival date.

I would of contacted you directly myself but Lastminute only supply us with your name and arrival and departure dates. We had requested a contact number for yourself from Lastminute.com but they declined saying we did not need to contact you direct as they would do this on our behalf.

We do take customer service to a high level here at Abbey Lodge and can understand the frustration you felt on your arrival in December. I can only apologise for all the inconvenience you experienced.

We have contacted Lastminute.com and have made a complaint on how this situation has occurred, and have been told a full refund has been issued to yourself, but by no way any means of any compensation to yourselves.

I look forward to hearing from you in the near future

Steve Williamson

Proprietor Abbey Lodge

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2009

I must admit that my room here left a little to be desired. The bed wasn't really that comfortable, the towels were so new they left fluff all over me and the room was very small.

But it WAS good value for money and I think I got the last room in the place. The breakfast was brilliant, and the chap and his mum who run the place were really attentive, really kind, and did their utmost to ensure I (and seemingly everyone) had a good stay.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled on business
Birmingham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2009

Stayed here to celebrate our anniversary for a weekend We were greeted on arrival by Dean who explained all the rules thoroughly to us, about fire alarms, etc and how they went off if you stood under it with a hair dryer. Not a problem.

Breakfasts over the weekend were fantastic and helped out by Deans mom who was lovely.

They also did an evening meal there too, but we never got to sample it.

Someone always had the time to chat and serve you and help around town, telling you where the best places were.

Parking was up another street which wasn't a problem and the car was very well looked after.

We didn't want to come home!!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
Glasgow
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2009

Having scoured lastminute.com for a good hotel in blackpool my partner and I stumbled across this one and were pleasantly surprised by all the great reviews so we booked up and prayed the hotel lived up to the reviews.

To say it did was an understatment. We were greeted by Dean who took us to our room and showed us around. The room was homely and comfortable with plenty of space to move around. The hotels location was perfect for getting to the main attractions such as the tower, central pier, louis toussauds etc.

The service we received was fantastic. Breakfast was a lovely full english with cereals on offer and Pat was always very chatty while she served you in the morning. As well as this if you needed any help during the day on what you could do she was always ready with plenty of suggestions on what would keep you entertained for the whole day.

Overall I have to say Steve, Dean and Pat gave wonderful service and most certainly made the place seem like a home away from home for people. I would definitely recommend this place to other people and I'll certainly be visiting again next time I venture off to Blackpool.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
liverpool
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2009

we was greeted on arrrival by steve who showed us 2 room and told us what resttuarants was best to go to and had a lovely night with dean at the hotel bar they are a lovely down to earth couple the breakfast the next morning was fab thank you both x

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank hawksy2
wales
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2008

My family stayed at the Abbey Hotel for a short weekend break.
We were welcomed by Steve at the door who was kind enough to help us with our heavy cases. What a fab couple they were very helpful and obliging. Hotel was very clean and very warm.

Could not be faulted, everything was fab!!!!!!!

I would definetly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for somewhere to stay at Blackpool

will be going back next year.

Alesa Oates

• Stayed November 2008
      Check-in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
4lienz
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2008

My friend booked the hotel for 4 couples to celebrate my wifes birthday. He suggested Blackpool as we have never been there before.

The hotel lived up to every expectation and I would highly recommend it to everyone. And obviously, one of the plus factors were the rates. Not to mention the clealiness, the customer service and the breakfast. Yes, definitely a 4 star hotel.

Good luck Steve and to his mother (I think thats right) who was there and ... my memory ... yes, the tram driver - forgot your name, sorry.

• Stayed July 2008
      Check-in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)