“Still on form.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #24 of 72 Hotels in Blackpool
LANCASHIRE
“Still on form.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2012

My wife & I have recently returned from a long weekend at the Lyndene & very enjoyable, the food was good as was the entertainment, bar prices inline with most pub prices.The Lyndene has a formula that works because it must be one of the busiest hotels on the front, we had a walk down the prom, most of the hotels were either closed or half full judging how many cars parked out front of other hotels, we plan to return later in the year.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank WOBBLY-BEE

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (387)
  • Polish first
Leeds
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2012

First time we have stayed at the lyndene & it a nice comfortable hotel. We opted for the evening meal & we were not dissapointed. When the menu offers a 5 course meal thats exactly what you get. We would recommend the evening meal option. Most of the guests were elderly couples & there were hardly any familys with children. The entertainment was good. Starts with the resident organist at 7pm then bingo at 8.30 then there were 3 turns after that. The entertainment finishes at approx 12.15. but the bar is open until about 12.30. What we liked about this hotel is that you dont have to walk miles to find entertainment because its there if you want it & when you,ve had enough its just a walk to your room. Best staff in the hotel was the bar & restaurant staff. The reception staff were also very helpful especially when we arrived. Hotel has limited parking & these fill up quickly. A couple of tips, Dont park on the path at the side of the hotel as we noticed 3 cars with a fixed penalty notice & if you get cought pouring your own drinks into you glass you & your party will be told to leave the hotel. The bar prices are sightly cheaper than pub prices.Overall we would recomend this hotel & will be going back

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Neil C
England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2012

Ive worked and also stayed in budget and high end hotels and must say this is the BEST value I have ever come across.
Food great, Entertainment acts were great, the compare was easy listening and friendly, rooms and hotel clean, staff on the whole very friendly (especially the chambermaids who gave a most cheerie "good morning" Beds and pillows comfortable *and I am 6 ft 2, 20 stone.
Now obviously I heard people complaining about trivial things like;
"didnt get a teaspoon with my tea"
"2 male acts on in 1 night instead of a male then female...bad management" blah blah blah.
but come on... some people just want to complain.
Anyway to run a hotel profitably like this takes good management and staff, and boy do they run like clockwork, I never never seen girls hoover and clean a hotel lounge so quick and thorough, guys constantly collecting empty glasses and bar queues never huge, receptionist informing me of the rules and regs of where and how you eat and where to park etc etc(pay attention.. you need to when checking in)
I got talking to guy at the bar on our last night may have been the proprietor or manager seemed a down to earth guy, and he told me the sums they pay to get the acts and trust me ...we are talking good money but the ones I seen are worth it, Elvis, Robbie, ABBA.
Pound for pound this is as good as anywhere in my experience and if there were holes to pick, trust me I would have seen them.
I employ people myself and will be looking to use the Lyndene as staff rewards incentives in future because I know they will love it, and I will feel I am getting a bargain.
Give it a go.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank JohnBoland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

Over all the hotel is good for couples and older guest, the hotel does say children over 5 welcome, but I found in general my children weren't welcome.. The hotel isn't catered for children, kids menu is very basic, the food didn't taste nice, my daughter had a funny tummy because of this.... Most guest that go to this hotel are elderly and don't appreciate excitable children enjoying themselves, staff are not thrilled with children either.... The night porter in this hotel is very rude indeed.... Think he has been in the job to long, he obviously needs training in costumer care... Some reception staff, don't really av.time of day...to busy... Restaurant staff and bar staff are lovely, can't enough for ya, my room was very clean and nicely decorated, its just ashame the staff that run it, or work there, don't really care much, and it shows... My advice would be go somewhere else, plenty of hotels in blackpool that could treat you better.... service like was greeted with can reck a good weekend away.... Considering I saved up months to go for a nice weekend away to be looked down apon isn't good.....:-( ...

• Stayed March 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank cjwatkin
Northampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2012

Well my brother kept telling me about this hotel so we gave it a try last weekend.
We were not disappointed, paid extra for a sea view and room was clean and well worth extra £15 for 3 nights.
Food was good and entertainment brilliant, for somewhere for a short break and good value this must be hard to beat; will be returning again.
Mrs M Bowes Northamptonshire

Room Tip: we had a bay sea view, well worth £5 per night, if not staying up for all the entertainment better t...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2012

clean rooms .good food .cheap.great entertainment .very very helpfull staff.good bar .when i visited they had xmas in march what ? but what a great break away.will do this one again .they called it turkey and tinsel.the kid realy enjoyed it .

Room Tip: ask for a room at the back of the hotel if you want a peacefull night no road noise .
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
Tyne & Wear
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2012

Just returned from our third trip to the Lyndene and, as usual, had a wonderful time. Since we last went there has been some refurbishment done - our room was nice and fresh and the bar in the sunset lounge is having a makeover and will look great when finished. The food was good but we thought not quite as good as last time. We had to wait quite a time to be served in the restaurant and had it not been for 'little' John we would not have been served at all on one occasion - the two foreign girls walked about in a daze while he ran around doing the work of four. The entertainment was great, especially the Ben E King tribute and Brian the sunset lounge bar manager was amazing. Would also like to mention Paul the artist who does incredible charicatures for a very reasonable price. A really good artist and well worth getting your portrait done. All in all a great hotel!!

Room Tip: It's worth paying a little extra for a sea view room
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple