“Ideal seafront location.”

and 1 more site!
Lyndene Hotel
Ranked #33 of 73 Hotels in Blackpool
Reviewed 16 October 2012

We enjoyed a two-night stay on 12th and 13th October 2012. This is a large family-run hotel. I booked by phone directly with the hotel, and the procedure was straightforward and efficient. It is in an excellent position, on the promenade between the Central and South Piers. We didn't have a problem parking, but the car park does get full. We stayed on a bed and breakfast basis, but an evening meal is available.
The reception staff are friendly and welcoming. Our room was very clean. There are coathangers and a hairdryer. There was a shower cap, an emergency toothbrush and paste, and a razor and shaving cream, but no bar of soap. Bring your own toiletries. The towels are clean and fresh. There is a heated towel rail. There was plenty of drawer space and hanging room.
There is a hospitality tray, which included a teapot and a bottle of water.
The bed was very comfortable. Extra bedding was available but we didn't need it. Despite it's location, it was quiet at night, and we heard no noise from inside the hotel.
Breakfast was above average. Tea and coffee is served at the table. You can either get your own breakfast from the servery, or have it brought to your table. There is plenty of choice. The only thing that spoiled it slightly for me was pre-packed milk ( same as on the hospitality tray ) on the table. I took our cups to the cereal counter and got fresh milk from there.
The entertainment is good. There were three acts on both nights we were there, but we only saw two each night as we were out with friends in the early part of the evening. The drinks are reasonably priced.
We had a sea-view bay window room, so we could see the illuminations both north and south. There were two easy chairs in the bay, so we could just relax and watch the world go by.
I wouldn't hesitate in recommending this hotel to friends, and I will definitely stay there again when I'm in Blackpool.

Room Tip: Book a sea-view bay window room. It is worth the small extra cost.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank coral1954
There are newer reviews for Lyndene Hotel

Reviewed 13 October 2012

Stayed at this hotel 28th,29th 30th September 2012, and really enjoyed our weekend. Our room was clean & tidy, although bathroom was a tad small, but everything else was great. Food was very good,and the entertainment was excellent. It was our first stay, but certainly won't be the last.

Linda, Cumbria

2  Thank LindaCumbria
Reviewed 12 October 2012

Just spent two days at this hotel for a quick break. Have been several times before over many years. Still as good . Lovely breakfast.still plenty of entertainment. Still as clean. Friendly service.would recommend.

2  Thank sueStokeOnTrent
Reviewed 12 October 2012

Family had 3 rooms which were spotless razor and toothbrush useful I have a fussy family where food is concerned all enjoyed the many choices the location is excellent. Both adults and children looking forward to returning next year oh and a bonus we won 100 pounds on sat night and 50 sun night

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed 21 September 2012

This is a two star rated Hotel on Blackpool's promenade. Any reviewer needs to bear this in mind. If you want a five star experience you should book into the Savoy or Hilton & of course pay 10 times more!!

So, as a two star Hotel ,how did it fare? The important things to me are 1)accommodation, 2)Food & Restaurant, 3) Hotel facilities & Staff & 4) Entertainment.

1) accommodation
Pros: Clean,hot water aplenty, superb shower, comfy bed, flat screen TV, safe (if needed)
Cons:Small, uncomfortably hot at times, poor natural light.

We asked for a fan at Reception to cool the room down. It was in our room less than a hour later.

Overall I would rate the accommodation 4 out of 5 (would have been 3 without fan)

2) Food & restaurant

Pros: Same table every morning/evening, good table service, pleasant waiters, clean & tidy surroundings, different menu each evening, good choice, lovely desserts & soups, plentiful.
Cons: Some bland main courses, some mains warm only, some veg undercooked (for my taste), queue's for toast/cereals at breakfast.

Overall I would rate the food & restaurant 3 out of 5.

3) Hotel Facilities & Staff

Pros: Two smart, well appointed cabaret rooms, two large Restaurants, reasonable drinks prices, generally clean,very helpful & cheerful staff, efficient Reception.
Cons: None worthy of mention

Overall I would rate the Hotel facilities & Staff 5 out of 5.

4) Entertainment

Pros: 3 "acts" every night, good quality performers, very talented resident organist (Tony Blackburn), daytime events ("play your cards right", etc) bingo.
Cons: Some chair "reservations" (not the Hotels fault, but annoying none the less), entertainment aimed at elderly (not surprisingly, since 95% of guests were OAPs). We were also "treated" to two elderly guests having their own " amateur spots" each night. For me & my wife this detracted from the otherwise professional standard of entertainment. (perhaps they (& other amateur guests) could be given the opportunity to do "karaoke" in the daytime. I just don't think accommodating these (not very good) crooners every night benefits the hotels reputation.

Overall I would rate the entertainment 3 out of 5. (Would have been 4 if not for the crooners).

I was intending to give the overall experience 3 out of 5 when I remembered an incident on our arrival at Reception on the first day. The very cheerful lady at Reception (sorry I don't know her name), on giving us our invoice balance, noticed that it included the 22nd, when in fact we had booked only to 21st. I may have realised this myself in time but I was very grateful to this member of staff who immediately recalculated our balance, saving me about £100. This honest & efficient action influenced me to increase my overall rating to 4 out of 5.

I hope you find my detailed review helpful. My overall impression is that, if you are over 65, this is the perfect place for you.

7  Thank WIGGYCannock
Reviewed 20 September 2012

We booked a twin room with a sea view - room was very compact with not much room to breathe. No point in having a sea view if there is nowhere to sit and view the sea while having your first cuppa in the morning! Had to move sideways between furniture as it was so close together. Food was OK but the cleanliness of the crockery and cutlery left much to be desired. Every meal I had to return something that had been left from the previous meal. When I asked for a clean glass for water after seeing orange segments stuck inside the glass from my breakfast - I distinctly heard a tut! The entertainment was very good but the seating layout was awful- all the seats at the back are side on. We went to bed each night with a stiff neck from having to turn side on. Will not be going back there again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank RoseWStockport
Reviewed 20 September 2012

From the moment we arrived to the moment we left the service from all members of the staff at this Hotel was first class. The food was top draw with plenty of choice, Rooms were very clean and comfotable, The Entertainment was superb 3 acts each night plus bingo, The bar prices were great value,and not overpriced like some other hotels we ave stayed in. Great Location
Can not fault this Hotel.

Room Tip: Take no notice of the negative reviews on this site, go you wont be disapointed.