Lyndene Hotel
Agoda.com
Hotel Sheraton(Blackpool)
US$140
  • Breakfast included
Clifton Court Hotel(Blackpool)(Great Value!)
US$82
US$61
Travelocity
  • Bar/Lounge
1,512 results
All reviewsbar creditwashington restaurantevening mealsea viewgreat entertainmentreception staffbar pricesentertainment roomnext yearmonday to fridayrestaurant staffgreat weekenddouble bedmy mumsecond to noneshort breakcannot fault
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 October 2012

Me, my husband, my dad, my son 25 and my daughter 23 stayed Friday 19th - Sunday 21st October 2012 for a birthday treat for dad who was 86 years young last month. So they had 3 generations to cater for and keep happy. The hotel has an excellent sea front location central to everything in Blackpool. Food was okay-good, dining staff were faultless, nothing too much trouble. Our rooms were clean and beds made even though we only stayed 2 nights. Entertainment was good. Parking available. On the down side i found the hotel to be very hot, but i understand it caters mainly for the older generation and my dad loved the heat. It was also noisy, when we were in bed you could hear snoring and alot of walking about, talking from other rooms. On the whole i would recommend the hotel if you are 60plus.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 October 2012

I stayed at the Lyndene Hotel five years ago it was great,but five years later I wish had never gone back.The rooms were clean the staff were nice but the FOOD! at breakfast you had to make your own toast, every evening dinner what was suppose to have been hot but it was cold.If you try to put negative feed back on their web site they remove it I know because I`v tried to.So if you want good HOT food do not stay at the Lyndene Hotel.P.S The halls outside the rooms stinks of cigarette smoke, which I thought was against the law to smoke in a hotel.I wrote my comments at tripadvisor for people to see.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank T G
Reviewed 20 October 2012

Stayed Monday15th October to Friday 19th October. Once again a very enjoyable stay. Nothing to much trouble for the staff. Good food and accommodation. Everywhere clean and kept tidy. 3 good acts every night with 2 games of bingo for those who wanted to join in. Very reasonable bar prices. Excellent seafront position with parking. This was our 5th stay and looking forward to our next. Great value for money.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 October 2012

Had a good weekend again staying at the Lyndene. Food was as usual good, but disliked having to queue for the "buffet" breakfast. What was wrong with the old way where ALL the guests were served. Can't see any advantage to the guests, especially those who were eating close to the queueing people!

Smokers should also be stopped from smoking in the front entrance; there is a notice telling them not to, but it is ignored.

However, the Lyndene gives good value for money and as this was our 6th stay, it can't be so bad!

Room Tip: Choose a bay window - very good view of the sea front and illuminations
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 October 2012

We enjoyed a two-night stay on 12th and 13th October 2012. This is a large family-run hotel. I booked by phone directly with the hotel, and the procedure was straightforward and efficient. It is in an excellent position, on the promenade between the Central and South Piers. We didn't have a problem parking, but the car park does get full. We stayed on a bed and breakfast basis, but an evening meal is available.
The reception staff are friendly and welcoming. Our room was very clean. There are coathangers and a hairdryer. There was a shower cap, an emergency toothbrush and paste, and a razor and shaving cream, but no bar of soap. Bring your own toiletries. The towels are clean and fresh. There is a heated towel rail. There was plenty of drawer space and hanging room.
There is a hospitality tray, which included a teapot and a bottle of water.
The bed was very comfortable. Extra bedding was available but we didn't need it. Despite it's location, it was quiet at night, and we heard no noise from inside the hotel.
Breakfast was above average. Tea and coffee is served at the table. You can either get your own breakfast from the servery, or have it brought to your table. There is plenty of choice. The only thing that spoiled it slightly for me was pre-packed milk ( same as on the hospitality tray ) on the table. I took our cups to the cereal counter and got fresh milk from there.
The entertainment is good. There were three acts on both nights we were there, but we only saw two each night as we were out with friends in the early part of the evening. The drinks are reasonably priced.
We had a sea-view bay window room, so we could see the illuminations both north and south. There were two easy chairs in the bay, so we could just relax and watch the world go by.
I wouldn't hesitate in recommending this hotel to friends, and I will definitely stay there again when I'm in Blackpool.

Room Tip: Book a sea-view bay window room. It is worth the small extra cost.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends