“newyear stay” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #24 of 72 Hotels in Blackpool
skipton
“newyear stay”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2013

my friend and i had been to this hotel for a week/end some yrs ago.booked in for new yr.week/end.bedroom could not swing a cat in it,booked room in oct.2012.meals good allocated room tables.entertainment good,but no table allocation for nite time entertainment.drinks were expensive,for goodness sake dont buy house wine,it would be to die for literally.you were caught in hotel there was no where else to go. .

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank merrywidowSkipton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (387)
  • Polish first
bridlington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2013

Well once again we had a fantastic time at the lynndene. Entertainment first class. Excellent food
And staff very helpfully Only thing our room was very small room 90. You do have a job for a seat on show time as people save seats should not be allowed

Room Tip: Don't ask for room 90 very small should be a single
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank supermanBridlington
scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2013

went for 2 days to blackpool stayed in the lyndene on prom great hotel good entertainment rooms very spacious will go back. From front desk staff right through to the entertainers they were all very helpful bar staff were great and drinks not dear so had a few wee halves (lol) A great walk into town or up to the south pier

Room Tip: pay that little bit extra for sea view and bay window well worth it
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank celt67
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2013 via mobile

When I open my trip advisor account I promised to myself I would be honest to myself about the experience of my holiday! The lyndene is in a good location about 0.5 miles from shops and tower which suited me and my partner as we are only in are late twenties and enjoy walking! the hotel itself was ok and there was plenty of friendly staff on check in I was a bit disappointed there was a cue of about 10 before me however there was 4 staff behind reception but only 1 checking people in waited nearly 25 mins! When we arrived at are room it was very cosy (small) however it was clean one thing we did notice is the widow in bathroom and bedroom would not close we did report this to reception and got told that someone would be up to look at it however it remained stuck open! The food was ok however I did have a problem at breakfast time on 2 mornings I went to buffet and I wanted beans on toast so I took my toast up to buffet and said to chef can I have just beans on top of my toast I got told no I don't understand why and he did not give a explanation and the other morning I asked for 2 eggs and 3 sausage nothing else and got told no again and got 1 sausage and 1egg again I have no idea why my request was such a problem! The evening meals was ok plenty of choice! At the night time when the acts came on I think I was expecting to much whilst we was there on 2 nights I had to go up to the room early as I had a headache as the vocals was to loud on some song all you could hear was a voice and no backing music but elvis was good and queen was good to! I'd like to thank lyndene for the experience and on the whole it was ok for what we paid

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank forwardplanninguk
Doncaster, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2013

Stayed at The Lyndene for the new year break 31/12/12-03/01/13.this hotel must be really good fun and damn good value for money throughout the rest of the year but not when you are paying above double the rates.after reading previous critical reviews I was pleasantly surprised with room 74,it was modern,clean and had all facilities,good start! Then came New Year's Eve,the so called gala dinner was a disaster,the steak was the toughest I have ever tackled,the chicken was tasteless,the vegetables were in edible,and the other choice,breaded haddock?,for a gala dinner?.then we had the problem of finding a seat for the show,well I am amazed how people turn into animals with their cunning plans to save seats for each other.Now we come to what this hotel is obviously famous for, the entertainment,fabulous! All round well presented good show,so at least by the end of the night you have forgotten about the dinner.The rest of our stay was about average,even the food,so in conclusion to repeat myself,I would say this hotel is good value for money at the normal rates but not during the festive season.just to close with I would hope that something will be done about the entrance,locked doors,towels on floor,slippy tiles and of course the smokers.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank bwarneresq
Amlwch
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2012

We have been to this hotel several times and have never been disappointed in the huge warm welcome you receive. The staff are always most helpful right from the management to the domestic staff. They never scrimp on entertainment, and a full 3 star act programme is on 7 nights a week. We are a couple in our 50's and usually travel with my parents in their mid 70's, we are happy in the company of older people but if you are a young family then maybe its not for you. The rooms are always spotless, with tea making, free view tv and hairdryer. On our first visit we booked a double room and the room was very small, so now we book a twin which gives us more room to move.

Value for money, I would have to give it 10/10

Room Tip: Book a twin and if you have difficulty with stairs please make this clear on booking as some of thei...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2012

This friendly hotel Is a lovely place to go, I have always organised parties of twelve plus and we always went in December for a long weekend. The food is brilliant my parties have never had a compaint over all the years we have gone. The position of this hotel is ideal, it's not far off the south pier and walking is easy for the tower and shops etc. I haven't been for two years due to other commitments but would still recommend it from all my other visits as it never changed over the ten years I have been. It's a family owned hotel and they work well, it's always warm and welcoming and the entertainment is fantastic, they have two lounges one quiet one and one a bit noisier. The also have two entertainment rooms and the artist does two spots one in each room so if you like a special one you can see them again in the other room.
I am required to put a date in the box below and it is only for this year and as stated earlier I last went in December 2010. But felt I should review this hotel because if all the good things about it and will certainly visit again in the very near future commitments allowing me to. The date I will tick is Jan.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple