“All you want from a hotel”
Review of Lyndene Hotel

Lyndene Hotel
Ranked #29 of 70 Hotels in Blackpool
Durham, United Kingdom
“All you want from a hotel”
Reviewed 19 April 2013

We have just returned from another stay at the Lyndene and must say that every time we visit it has improved yet again. This is a Hotel that cares about visitors and caters for all eventualities it is in a perfect location on the promenade with bus and tram stops very close.
There is a lovely lounge to sit and read, wifi, play cards or people watch from the windows overlooking the promenade and snacks available from the bar especially appreciated if the weather is unkind. In the evening there is entertainment in this lounge and the Cabaret room with 3 acts performing for each audience, a brilliant organist starts the evening and there is dancing if you are inclined then a couple of games of Bingo. There is also entertainment in the afternoon. The rooms are spotless, white bedding and towels and they are always warm with hot water. There are 2 dining rooms and the food is excellent - beautifully cooked - choices of starter, soup, choices of mains and dessert and tea or coffee to round off dinner. Breakfast has the usual cereals and fruit juices to start then there are options - bacon, sausage, eggs (fried or scrambled) fried bread, hash browns, tomatoes and baked beans are available from a serving area where the chef plates your choice -but you do have a table waiter who brings tea or coffee and toast and clears away, if you cannot get your own meal they will bring it for you. The staff are so friendly and nothing is a trouble if you just ask. We love it and our next visit is already booked.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (404)
  • Polish first
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 April 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Lyndene Hotel 8/4/13 -12/4/13 and had a great time. Plenty to chose from at breakfast time with cerial, toast, fruit, and cooked breakfasts. The evening meals were four course with a starter, soup, dinner and sweet. If you didnt like the choices on the menu you had a further wider choice of roast dinners, salads, etc.Our waiter Martin was very good and helpfull. The dining tables are numbered. but not in order, which I found amusing. You have the same numbered table as your room number during your stay. We had room 40 which was fine, but I had requested one of the larger rooms which I had read about on tripadviser. The shower was lovely, and there wa\s also a hair dryer in the room. The hotel has two bars which are nice and spacious. They play two games of bingo in the evening followed by entertainment. There was also games during the afternoon. Our package had a £60 each bar spend as we had booked early. A lot of the guests go back to this hotel every year which speaks for itself. I would recommend this hotel but not for people with walking difficulties as there are a few steps.

Dundee, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 April 2013

We have had another lovely week at the Lyndene Hotel last week. We have now been going to this hotel twice a year for thirteen years now and it now feels like coming home. I have been ill for ten years now and have struggled more with my health in the last two years and I have to say that no matter how much help I need all the staff have been brilliant and over the years nothing has been too much trouble for them.

All the Reception staff are so friendly and helpful. It's always nice to see them during our stay. Both Mark's who are the Night Porters are very good and if I ever need any help they are always more than willing to come and help.

We always have our meals in the Connaught Restaurant and all the staff down there are friendly and so hard working, especially John who we always have as our waiter, he could not do more for us, he is so caring and hardworking and is a credit to the hotel. He makes our time in the restaurant a lot more enjoyable. The food is lovely, you get a four course meal every night with plenty to choose from.

The Housekeeping Staff are lovely, they are all very hardworking, the rooms are cleaned everyday and are spotless! The rooms are nice, they all have showers in them and you also get tea and coffee making facilities which are replaced everyday.

All the Bar Staff are very hardworking, friendly and nice to chat to.We have known Phil for as long as we have been coming to the Lyndene, so it is always nice to see him. You could not fault the Entertainment, you have the organist who plays for an hour, then you get two games of Bingo (we were lucky last week and we won £110, thank you Phil for calling the right numbers lol!!!) then you have three different artists on every night, Wayne Lester is one of our favourites, we have known him for as long as we have been coming to the hotel but to be fair all the artists and tribute acts are good and worth seeing.

Barry, who is the owner of the hotel is lovely, he is always very friendly and caring and always asks how I am. The Lyndene is one of the busiest hotels in Blackpool and I would definitely recommend it. We have been going for thirteen years now and will always keep going back!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Gillian1002
Whitehaven, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 April 2013

Have just returned from a 7 day visit to the Lyndene, this was my second visit, and I arrived full of expectation. I was not disappointed. The food was just as good as ever, and the choice even better. Service in the dining room was a little slow,but very attentive but Hey I was on holiday and not in a rush, and who could complain at champagne at breakfast.
The entertainment was of the very high standard one expects, but the audience was a bit hard work at times (hardly the fault of the hotel).
The staff did everything to oblige and nothing was too much trouble.
VERY WELL DONE geofffrom-cumbria

Reviewed 15 April 2013 via mobile

Just back from a Friday to Sunday break at the Lyndene. This hotel exceeded my expectations of what a hotel in Blackpool has to offer.

Throughout the stay all staff were polite and professional, ensuring that we had everything we wanted, nothing seemed too much trouble. Excellent service. We stayed on a BB&EM basis, the food was beautifully cooked and the wait between courses was just right. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Entertainment in the lounge areas was very good, the bar sold drinks at a reasonable price. They also make a mean cocktail!

I would definitely stay at the Lyndene again and wouldn't hesitate in recommending it to friends and family.

• Stayed April 2013
birmingham uk
Reviewed 15 April 2013

Just returned from a weekend break at this imposing hotel on Blackpool sea front. Excellently placed for the town centre and all its attractions. Spotlessly clean in all areas even though dated in it's way. The bedrooms seemed to vary in size irrespective of occupancy- we had a family room even though there were only the two of us. Spacious enough, clean and comfy beds, fresh towels daily if required, tea and coffee facilities in the room, and the bathroom freebies were over and above. Our bathroom was sadly the size of a broom cupboard, but the shower although small in size was powerful . Our room overlooked the back yard but I suppose some have too. For me the hotel was excessively warm, even with windows opened and radiators off. The food was plentiful and well cooked and well presented. Here in lies my problem, your room number denotes your table number for the duration of your stay. There is no semblance of order to the numbering system and although at evening meals, the food is waiter served, it is a bit like an obstacle course at breakfast if you go for the buffet option. Tightly packed tables and trying to avoid bashing into someone is a problem. It would appear that when checking in if you ask to eat at tables close to your friends or relatives it can be arranged but I didn't read that till after the event. The one evening I was having dinner and the guests on the next table to me had eaten and gone already, I asked if my friend might move across from her table and sit in their vacated seats. This is where I was reminded of Manuel in Faulty Towers, as I was told " no the table has been set for breakfast" . This would have involved moving 2 cups and saucers and two knifes and forks! wasn't impressed with that level of customer service. The hotel is geared towards older generation and so is the entertainment, but all in all it was a good stay.

Room Tip: think you need to ask for sea view
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Bradford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 April 2013

Well, where do I start... We have been told many times by friends and family that the Lyndene is a good hotel to stay at so we decided to visit it for the 1st time (8 of us in total, 4 rooms). We arrived and I was surprised by how many staff was on reception and we were dealt with quickly by a friendly but genuine member of staff. "Great Start"
Our room (19) was on the top floor at the back of the Hotel, we had booked a double room and the room we were given had a very comfortable double bed and a single bed, good size TV, tea & Coffee facility's and hair dryer, yes it had small en suit but we didn't care because above all it was very clean. "Great Again"
Our waiter in the dinning room was Michael who served us quickly and the food was good too. "Great Again"
The Entertainment was good and on both nights they were at least 3 different acts "Great Again"
I'm a strong believer in "you get what you pay for" well the Lyndene goes that bit further. With genuine Staff and Owners who go out of their way to provide guests with a great holiday/break the Lyndene represents great value for money.... Well done and Thanks to everyone...
Will we be returning to the Lyndene??? What do you think?
I have never wrote a review on any site before, but the Hotel went beyond what we expected so its only right for me to leave a review.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends