“turkey and tinsel break”
Review of Lyndene Hotel

and 1 more site!
Lyndene Hotel
Ranked #34 of 73 Hotels in Blackpool
Reviewed 9 November 2013

Just got back from short break 4-8 november. The room was very clean and comfortable The beds were very comfy. The food was excellent, too big a portion, had to ask for smaller portions.The staff were all very nice. The room had a shower cubicle, which was good because we cannot get into a bath. The entertainment was very good especially Wayne Lester.have booked to go back in february. Can definately recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 4 November 2013

just come back after 4days at the lynndene hotel in blackpool there is not one thing you can fault about this hotel the hotel is spotless food first class entertainment fab room was cleaned every day all management and staff could not do enough for u will def be back next year will never stop anywere else in blackpool a big thank u to everybody

Room Tip: all rooms were good
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank kathleen h
Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

My husband my father and myself had a lovely 5 day stay at this hotel, from the time of arrival untill the time we left we had 5 star treatment. It was out first time at this hotel, most impressive, barry the owner and all his team where most helpful in aaevery way. The room was spotlessly clean with everything we needed and the and the maid was lovely. The food excellent and the service, the waiter terry was always greeting us with a smile and always returned to the table and asking if everything was ok. The bar staff were lovely alway very pleasant and quick service. We enjoyed the afternoon activities and the evenings were great lovely shows. All in all a geat holiday. As soon as we got home we rebooked for December and cant wait. From brian and sylvia martin and father.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

Loved this hotel very nice and friendly staff, good entertainment every night, loved bingo, then singers, lots of things to do day and night , rooms were nice and clean , will be staying here again soon

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kelrobs
Reviewed 31 October 2013

We stayed here 2 years ago and were looking forward to the same high level of hospitality as previously experienced. What a let down! We booked a seaview room, which we were led to believe was more spacious than other rooms, it was tiny and very difficult to access wardrobe area without climbing over the bed!
We were allocated a table for dinner on the end of a long line of tables and to be fair the couple next to us were lovely, unfortunately for them tho the couple on the other side were a nightmare. There needs to be a reasonable gap between guests. Two years ago I would have described the food as excellent but this area seems to have gone downhill rapidly and I can only describe it as canteen fare... frozen, microwaveable and uneatable. I was very disappointed. the waiter service was somewhat lacking in clearing tables and we as a family of 3 struggled to find room for our meals. There was plenty of choice but I found the alternative menu complicated and why wasn't this on the main menu? Breakfast was better, although queues for the 'buffet' were large. I am a bit of a 'butter freak' and even my partner agreed that the butter was rancid.
Entertainment consisted of an organist and bingo until about 10ish and that was if you could get a seat with many people reserving seats from 5 pm. We couldn't bring ourselves to stay for the main act later on.
In my opinion Blackpool has deteriorated in recent years and has become very tacky. This hotel needs to up its game if it wants to attract anyone under 60 looking for a decent fun filled break. So sorry Lyndene but you just disappointed me.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank citylady5488
lyndene303, Owner at Lyndene Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

Dear readers
These reviewers were regular guests at the Lyndene Hotel, which we appreciate considering they have over 2000 establishments to choose from. They state we have a high level of hospitality, and I am sorry that something has obviously gone wrong for them to put a negative review on, although no record of any complaints from these guests were received during their stay. I would just like to correct one or two things. Our menu is very very simple to read with the same format as on their previous visits and has a very large choice, up to 16 main course choices are available to order, so why all of a sudden it has become complicated we do not know. Our entertainment is second to non in Blackpool. Three professional artistes/duos/groups/tributes per evening commencing at 8.50 pm not 10ish as these reviewers describe. I do not know how a hotel likes ours with over £1,000,000 spent in the last 18 months could possibly have deteriorated in the way this reviewer states. I know from vast experience we cannot please all of the guests all of the time but we know we please most and that is why we are the busiest hotel in Blackpool.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

We stayed here 14th Oct for 4 nights and had a really good break a very clean room,room 10 but a postage stamp bathroom really small though it did`nt spoil our time there. good food in a very busy restaurant we found the staff friendly and a great breakfast. 2 lounges with 1st class entertainment every evening and a good bar x3. It is a large hotel and the reception is busy but we found the staff there very pleasant and helpful. We would stay here again but we would need a larger room.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank prayterpieeater_11
Reviewed 27 October 2013

This hotel do not accept or reply to complaints. The below e mail was sent twice without the courtesy of a response...speaks volumes

I am very dis-satisfied with our treatment from yourselves.
As you are aware I originally booked with Late rooms ,cost £260
My sister in law has COPD and is claustrophobic..so it was essential that she have a room on no higher than the first floor. Following a conversation with yourselves you informed me that even with a chronic medical condition your policy was that Late rooms booking have what’s available on arrival and there could be no stipulations.
So I cancelled this original booking and the cost went from £260 to £424 (ignoring my adding seaviews to our booking)
So having paid an extra £164 what do we find on arrival...we are both on the second floor, only one with a seaview (not an essential but booked ).All that is on your paperwork for Hazel *** room is “easy access needed”.
As you can see the room allocation was very important so I confirmed this by e mail the week before and the sea views..you did reply so what went wrong with this booking.
We gained absolutely nothing from cancelling the Late Rooms booking and under the circumstances
you let us down very badly..but you gained £164 for nothing in the process.
You manage to allocate Hazel **** a room on the first floor...this was a totally suitable room and they were both awoken at 5.30am the next day with the noise from a fan. You are obviously aware of this, and I can only presume that you had no other rooms so you gave them this small box with the intention of changing their room the next day when they complained..and this you did
We did get our view on the 2nd floor but from the room allocated to us I should have stayed with Late Rooms because it couldn’t have been any worse. The size of a small box..the bathroom mirror was so low that I could only shave by stooping down..not much good for somebody over 6 foot tall with a long term back condition. There is a mirror by the small wardrobe..but the hairdryer is by the door..not much good for my wife being there.
I have stayed in a lot of hotels over the last 10 years with my work and know prices and what is value for money...yours was not with the price we paid. I can accept basic accommodation if you pay bottom price...but we didn’t.

Room Tip: Just because you pay more does not guarantee a good room. Very dated guest house
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family