“One of the best”

Ranked #31 of 73 Hotels in Blackpool
Derby, United Kingdom
“One of the best”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I have just got back from a fab weekend in Blackpool it was my first time at the Lyndene and we have already booked for next year, I haven't got one bad thing to say about the hotel the staff are wonderful the entertainment was first class I would recommend the Lyndene to any one.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Paulinem49

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (407)
  • Polish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Really nice hotel. Between South and Central Peers. Clean and well maintained, Food is good and the price is as well. The staff are most helpful and the 2 concert rooms are lovely. Plenty of entertainment. The staff are second to non when you need them and are very polite. Give this hotel a look. You may be surprised.

Room Tip: Rooms of many choices. Noise reduced through good double glazed windows.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
blackpool
Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

My aunt and cousin stayed at this hotel ,while on a family visit to Blackpool,it was recommended by work colleague.
They stayed Monday to Friday.The bedroom was perfect for them ,as requested ,they wanted easy access as my aunt is elderly.They got a room on the first floor close to the lift.The room was lovely,with everything they needed.I joined them for tea on Thursday in the restaurant,the food was great with lots of choice and all served hot .After our tea we found a table in the bar area,aunt and cousin played bingo,then we were entertained by 3 acts who were fantastic.D day darlings were wonderfull,had my aunt singing along ,me too.Everyone we met was happy including the staff.Will defiantly be booking them in here again ,next year.Im glad I didn't read some of the reviews on here as I might not have booked this hotel which would have been a big mistake.How other people can say this is a bad hotel is beyond me.
Must say after visiting the hotel myself ,in my own opinion some of the reviews on here can only be malicious in nature.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Lancashire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 November 2013

I seriously cant understand negative reviews as my family and i love everything about it. We have been 3 times this year and cant wait to return.....carry on the good work Lyndene! Staff and service is fantastic!!!! End of!

Room Tip: Choose sea view
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 November 2013

we have just spent a lovely weekend at the Lyndene which was recommended to us by several friends who frequent there.

The Hotel was clean and the food good, our bedroom was sea view which was excellent the only thing it was a little small which did not bother us other than the heat. Even with both radiators turned off and both windows open we were cooking!!

I know a lot of older people go there (yes I am one lol) but the heat was just too much, even the dining room was uncomfortable because of the heat. Thank you to Joe for being an excellent and pleasant waiter throughout our stay.

The evening entertainment was excellent, cannot fault it at all not sure about daytime as we went out.

Would we go again, yes I think we would but only for a weekend.

Room Tip: the only reason we did not sleep was the heat,
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 November 2013

I am writing this review because of a comment someone wrote complaining about room food and ceiling this is rubbish no one can complain unless you are a compulsive mourner the food fab all sorts of choices room cleaned every day fresh towels every day some rooms are a bit small but you are only there for a week this hotel has the best entertainment you will ever see I can't understand what people moan about the money you pay for this hotel and all you get is fantastic people her come back 4 times a year that says it all marlene Liverpool x

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Marlene F
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Party of four stayed 15-16.11.13 to celebrate my mums 84th birthday. Check in a nightmare, A
arrived 12.30pm, given keys to rooms at 3pm and asked if we wanted the room for disabled changing due to the lift being broken we accepted the room change. The other room we had was still getting cleaned when we arrived at it.
Of an evening the only seats we could find were by the bar at the back of one of the entertainment rooms (stools) with no view of the entertainment and unable to hear properly the bingo caller or any announcements. We found that people had but drinks/belongings on tables and seats in both entertainment rooms before going down early for their evening meal. Management need to look at solving this problem ie no reserving of tables in this manner, anyone found doing this will have their drinks removed.
On the plus side I found all staff to be most helpful, and all meals were excellent. Such a disappointment that the birthday treat was spoilt due to the situation in the entertainment rooms.
PS - rooms are far to hot, we turned heating off, opened the widow and then requested that the air conditioning be turned on

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family