“FAB-U-LOUS”

Ranked #31 of 73 Hotels in Blackpool
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“FAB-U-LOUS”
Reviewed 9 December 2013

First time at this hotel, went with 6 friends for the week-end. From check-in to check-out we experienced nothing but polite, friendly staff, especially in the restaurant. (Brian, Maitre D, just fabulous.) Food was cooked to perfection, I have stayed at 4star hotels and not experienced the service we were given at the Lyndene. The room was spotless, as was any area in the hotel, crisp, fresh white bedding, bed very comfortable. Entertainment was good with a great atmosphere. My friends and I now refer to our week-end as "The Lyndene experience" because that's just how we feel, quality, cleanliness and great value for money!

Room Tip: room 131 was at the back of the hotel, not much of a view but I did not stay there to look out of th...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (407)
  • Polish first
Wherever I lay my hat
Reviewed 7 December 2013

Stayed at the Lyndene Dec 1 and 2 having previously been satisfied but, although staff and food was still ideal, the room was no more than a box room, if that. I had to side step either side of the bed. One chair in double room but the dressing table was too small for it to fit under. Only one wardrobe door had room to open. Waiter asked at breakfast if we were going or moving rooms without any comment from us so he must have been used to complaints about rooms. The hotel took full price from us not party rates. We were robbed but you don't get a new soft top Bentley like the owners parked outside by doing favours.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Bigun9
lyndene303, Owner at Lyndene Hotel, responded to this review, 13 December 2013
Dear Bigun 9. Upon reading this review I nearly choked whilst eating my Caviar ! How disappointing for me to read this from a guest who returned to my hotel for a second visit after being highly satisfied on the first visit. It only takes a few words to my lovely, friendly reception staff to inform us that the room you have been allocated this time did not meet your expectations based upon the room you had last time and they would have tried their best to meet you needs. Remember we have over 141 bedrooms here and this is not a purpose built hotel. It was built in the 1800's with different room shapes and sizes. Why you had a room you were dissatisfied with for two days and not say a word until you returned home to to tell the world is beyond belief. I would like to correct you in a few matters. You booked through a website that offered cheaper accommodation, you did not pay full price. For the amount you received in quantity and quality, I can state you were definately not robbed. I take exception with Trip Advisor that they allow the word "robbed" to be allowed to stay on this review. I think by paying £20 plus vat bed & breakfast, I will let the world you are writing to judge that. You mention my new soft top Bentley parked outside (by doing favours?). I don't really understand this. However, let me tell you and the world, I got my new Bentley Soft Top Azur by sheer hard work. It comes from success and I am the most successful Hotelier in Blackpool. I own the largest privately owned hotel with over 95% occupancy all year and well over 80% returning customers. I thank you for your past custom and wish you well in your next choice of hotel. I must finish now as my champagne is getting warm.
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 November 2013

Have just returned from a mid-week stay at the Lyndene Hotel Blackpool which was a turkey and tinsel. It was brilliant. We were offered a mince pie and sherry on arriving and also a chocolate which I thought was a very nice gesture. It is the second stay this year as we went in April and I wrote a reveiw then too. We were in room 59 which was a non smoking room. Although it was not a large room there was ample space for us. It was clean with plenty of drawers and had a sea view. It had a nice shower and had a heated towel rail and a hair drier. There are two restaraunts. The meals were lovely with lots to chose from. Breakfast which consists of toast, jam, marmalade, cerials, fruit, bacon, eggs, sausage, fried bread, tomatoes, beans, hash browns, scrambled eggs. You can be waited on or help yourself. You get an evening menu to order your evening meal at breakfast. On it it has the days menu, but if you do not fancy the days menu there are other meals you can chose from such as roast dinners, curry, rice, salads, liver, and more. There is quite a good range of sweets too. The trifle is llllllovely. You can also chose between two sittings. There is bingo and an organist in the afternoons and in the evenings they have an organist for bit and then a couple of games of bingo at 8.30 till about 9. After that the artists are on. There are two spacous concert lounges. The staff were all brilliant and hard working. the Lyndene Hotels own website lets you know what artist, tribute band or comedian etc is on and has a typical menu. I would recomend this hotel, It is very good value for money.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Patricia C
Warrington, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 November 2013

fantastic week ,very well maintained hotel ,lovely .friendly staff always there to help ,our stay was sunday to friday and nothing was too much trouble for all the staff, the lyndene is first class nothing bad to say because everything was fab from the begining to the end of our stay .always recommend to anyone , we wont go any where else . the entertainment is on every afternoon and evening you dont need to leave the hotel , as there is something going on everyday , go and stay at this hotel you be really pleased with your stay as we are .

Room Tip: sea view rooms worth paying the little bit extra for
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Elaine L
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 November 2013

only stayed i night thank god.if you cant get a room on the front or side dont bother .we had room number 74 .it is no beter than a boarding house .verey small .only 1 chair no view .only looking over beer barell store.and rubish .i know you noly mainly sleep in the room .but if you are there for a few days you will spend some tome in the room .so one of you have to sit on the bed .

Room Tip: only get front room
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SIDBRADFORD
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I have just got back from a fab weekend in Blackpool it was my first time at the Lyndene and we have already booked for next year, I haven't got one bad thing to say about the hotel the staff are wonderful the entertainment was first class I would recommend the Lyndene to any one.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Paulinem49
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Really nice hotel. Between South and Central Peers. Clean and well maintained, Food is good and the price is as well. The staff are most helpful and the 2 concert rooms are lovely. Plenty of entertainment. The staff are second to non when you need them and are very polite. Give this hotel a look. You may be surprised.

Room Tip: Rooms of many choices. Noise reduced through good double glazed windows.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family