“great place to stay”

Ranked #26 of 70 Hotels in Blackpool
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“great place to stay”
Reviewed 10 December 2013

this was our second visit this year, everyone is friendly , food excellent, shows fantastic staff cannot do enough for you. BEST HOTEL IN BLACKPOOL, visit now and you will not be disappointed. cannot wait to visit again soon.

jk p BIRMINGHAM

Room Tip: all rooms I have stayed in have been excellent.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jkp741

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (402)
  • Polish first
Bradford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 December 2013

We are a couple in our forties and have just returned from a 2 night break with friends,once again from check in to departure we were treated with the utmost courtesy throughout. Room was spotless and extremely comfortable,plenty of hanging space with a powerful shower and lots of towels .
Meals were plentiful and of the highest quality,served by extremely pleasant staff.3 excellent acts each night with special mention to Wayne Lester as well as the young man who closed Saturdays entertainment Ashley Reebanks,very powerful voice and presence.My only gripe is that people deem it fit to reserve seats then nip off to evening meal,come on folks...that's not fair and a little selfish.

I have seen a few negative reviews recently but as I can only give a review on our own experience I am being totally truthful in my comments so much so that before departure we took the opportunity to book for valentines weekend with 3 other couples and are really looking forward to that

Room Tip: Sea Views are nice but so are the other rooms as well
1 Thank yorkshireman186408
Bury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 December 2013

have just returned from a weekend at the lyndene and am sad to say that we were not pleased we went with friends and asked for rooms next door to each other (booked in august }we were on different corridors not a good start also we had booked the bar credit option which when we checked in were told we hadnt got it 2nd bad point our room was very small the only window was in what can only be described as a dressing cupboard the bathroom was that small you had to have the door open or you couldnt dry yourself and the heat was unbearable the entertainment was very good food was poor compared to our last stay am afraid to say we will not use the lyndene again also on the fri night our round of drinks which never changed suddenly increased in price by £2 left feeling like we had been ripped off a 2 star hotel charging 5 star prices

8 Thank Jill R
Littlborough
Reviewed 9 December 2013

This was our first visit to the Lyndene, 2 - 6 December 2013. We had a fantastic time, the staff are so helpful, nothing is too much trouble. Food excellent, entertainment varied and good. Will definitely be back. The only comment I would make is that on the second evening in the Sunset Lounge it was very cold (previous evening it had been really warm). This was rectified on the third evening by bringing in lots of extra heaters. Any problems were resolved very quickly. Thank you once again for an excellent break.

Bradford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 December 2013

I would just like to compliment the owner and ALL the staff of this wonderful hotel in making our stay a very pleasant and enjoyable one.
From arrival to departure, it was brilliant.
Reception staff of Paul, Steven, Tracey, were very helpful in every way and very welcoming to both my wife and myself.
Bar staff of Phil, Ashley, Steven, Connor were polite and courteous.
Brian and his wonderful staff in the Washington restaurant were outstanding. Nothing to much trouble for them at all. Compliments to the chefs as the meals were outstanding and varied with lots of choices.
The bedroom was awesome. Large enough for us 2. Sea view bay window room is well worth the extra. Compliments to the cleaning staff who do a wonderful job throughout the hotel.
Entertainment on an evening was outstanding. Bingo 1st then 3 superb artistes. Can see why they call Wayne Lester Mr Entertainment. He's fantastic. Tribute nights were awesome. Plenty of room to sit and enjoy and make new friends.
All in all it is a brilliant hotel and would not go anywhere else in Blackpool.
I simply cannot digest the really negative comments made by others.
Negative about the staff, the food, the entertainment, the rooms ???
It is a very professionally run hotel , from the owner, to the staff, even the window cleaner has a banter with you .
10 / 10 for everything and will be returning as often as we can.

Room Tip: Sea view bay window room
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jezza D
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 December 2013

First time at this hotel, went with 6 friends for the week-end. From check-in to check-out we experienced nothing but polite, friendly staff, especially in the restaurant. (Brian, Maitre D, just fabulous.) Food was cooked to perfection, I have stayed at 4star hotels and not experienced the service we were given at the Lyndene. The room was spotless, as was any area in the hotel, crisp, fresh white bedding, bed very comfortable. Entertainment was good with a great atmosphere. My friends and I now refer to our week-end as "The Lyndene experience" because that's just how we feel, quality, cleanliness and great value for money!

Room Tip: room 131 was at the back of the hotel, not much of a view but I did not stay there to look out of th...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Wherever I lay my hat
Reviewed 7 December 2013

Stayed at the Lyndene Dec 1 and 2 having previously been satisfied but, although staff and food was still ideal, the room was no more than a box room, if that. I had to side step either side of the bed. One chair in double room but the dressing table was too small for it to fit under. Only one wardrobe door had room to open. Waiter asked at breakfast if we were going or moving rooms without any comment from us so he must have been used to complaints about rooms. The hotel took full price from us not party rates. We were robbed but you don't get a new soft top Bentley like the owners parked outside by doing favours.

3 Thank Bigun9
lyndene303, Owner at Lyndene Hotel, responded to this review, 13 December 2013
Dear Bigun 9. Upon reading this review I nearly choked whilst eating my Caviar ! How disappointing for me to read this from a guest who returned to my hotel for a second visit after being highly satisfied on the first visit. It only takes a few words to my lovely, friendly reception staff to inform us that the room you have been allocated this time did not meet your expectations based upon the room you had last time and they would have tried their best to meet you needs. Remember we have over 141 bedrooms here and this is not a purpose built hotel. It was built in the 1800's with different room shapes and sizes. Why you had a room you were dissatisfied with for two days and not say a word until you returned home to to tell the world is beyond belief. I would like to correct you in a few matters. You booked through a website that offered cheaper accommodation, you did not pay full price. For the amount you received in quantity and quality, I can state you were definately not robbed. I take exception with Trip Advisor that they allow the word "robbed" to be allowed to stay on this review. I think by paying £20 plus vat bed & breakfast, I will let the world you are writing to judge that. You mention my new soft top Bentley parked outside (by doing favours?). I don't really understand this. However, let me tell you and the world, I got my new Bentley Soft Top Azur by sheer hard work. It comes from success and I am the most successful Hotelier in Blackpool. I own the largest privately owned hotel with over 95% occupancy all year and well over 80% returning customers. I thank you for your past custom and wish you well in your next choice of hotel. I must finish now as my champagne is getting warm.