“Great Location, Great Food, Great Service”
Review of Polonez Hotel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Polonez Hotel
Ranked #667 of 859 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Sutton, Surrey
“Great Location, Great Food, Great Service”
Reviewed 6 September 2010

After reading earlier reviews I was a bit hesitant and made sure I had confirmation by email despite the hotel sending me a letter of confirmation. I had no reason to worry as everything went smoothly and both Dawn & Dave were wonderful hosts.

My husband, 15 year old daughter & I stayed here for 2 nights in a family room on 29th & 30th August whilst my parents had a double room. Couldn't fault the B&B, service, rooms or food. The rooms are not the biggest I've stayed in but when all you want to do is sleep & re-charge your batteries before going out it does the job with tea/coffee making facilities, t.v. clean towels & a nice hot shower. We were very close to the beach front, shops and police station, which made me feel very safe. Parking was available if you drove around but if you can't find free parking there is a pay & display although we had free parking both days. Nothing was too much to ask and the costs for the stay were good value. The only thing I would point out is the rooms are up stairs so if you have problem climbing stairs it might be a problem. Dawn was the perfect hostess - thanks for the hairdryer and for giving up your personal herbal teas for my fussy husband :) Thanks to Dave for a wonderful breakfast - sausages were yummy. Would definitely go back and would recommend to my family & friends.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 August 2010

Had such a lovely stay with dawn and dave, they made us feel so welcome and the breakfast was so lovely that it made you get out of bed with a hangover. Have definatly made two friends at the Polenez and will be returning again! The hotel itself is lovely and clean and you are made to feel at home.

Many Thanks to Dawn and Dave

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
Trowbridge
Reviewed 10 June 2010

I have forgotten how many times we have stayed with Dawn & Dave and as always we were made to feel like one of the family in a different room this time which was just as lovely as our normal room.
Breakfast is fabulous and sets you up for the whole day. Dawn even washed my Nan's trousers for her becasue she spilt coffee on them.
I would advise others reading these reviews to ignore the negative remarks becasue they are abviously not true Dawn & Dave cannot do enough for you - nothing is too much trouble in regards to booking they will do anything to accomodate even after after having to cancel twice and then re-book we were still accomodated.
We are just counting down the days until we can come again there is no where else in Blackpool we would rather stay.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 May 2010

The Polonez hotel is probably the best hotel i have stayed in, in Blackpool. i would reccomend this hotel to anyone. The owners Dawn and Dave are lovely and help with anything, They helped both me and partner with sight seeing and helped us with deals. the rooms are very clean and tidy, The food was nice and assistance is there if needed in anyway. Im going back to this hotel next year next year and i would go back again everytime.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 May 2010

We all were made to feel very welcome. Very friendly, comfortable and exceptionally clean and tidy. Breakfast was really good, and those that were unable to make breakfast were offered bacon sandwich to go. A verybig than you for making our stay an enjoyable one. Would definately recommend, and will be back in September.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with friends
wisbech
Reviewed 19 May 2010

dawn many thanks for a great weekend both of you made us so welcome we will be back when the lights are on hope the kids wernt to noisey for you tell dave to get on with his work from mick h and family

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 April 2010

we booked this hotel for my sons 21st birthday, obviously a big occasion, gave my credit card details to secure the room and was told, if we didnt show we would be charged full rate, fair eneugh to me, then just one week before we were due to go, Dawn rang and said sorry were double booked, your stay is cancelled, leaving a very disapointed birthday boy,
obviously the owners office skills are really poor, if they cannot see a booking as already been made when they look in the diary,
my personal belief is that they got someone phoning up after us who wanted to stay for the whole of the bank holiday not just one night like us, so they decided to dump us,
whichever reason it was it is a shabby way to treat people, on what should be one of the biggest nights of someone life,
so if you do book this hotel, dont sit at home thinking your booking will definately be honoured, bacause dawn might just ring you and say tough luck the trips cancelled.

Stayed April 2010
2 Thank tucker26
dawnBlackpool, owner at Polonez Hotel, responded to this review, 26 April 2010
In response to your review – You did not make the booking, your ‘son’ did and at no point was it said to be for ‘your sons 21st Birthday’ – not that any of it matters anyway.
The booking was only made at 8:32 pm on 21st April 2010. I telephoned you, 23rd April 2010, to let you know that upon my return from holiday I realised that I had double booked, and was unable to accommodate ALL 12 lads. We were short by 3 bed spaces. So you saying ‘then just one week before we were due to go’ – you are implying you booked weeks ago.
As we run several businesses our office skills are fine, it was unfortunate that I was away on holiday and did not have the diary with me, I genuinely made a mistake. I apologised to you for my error, and after YOU asking me to see if I could find you an alternative hotel I went out of my way to put it right. I telephoned you on the morning of 24th April 2010 to inform you that I had got you a choice of THREE hotels... you then told me that you had already booked another hotel yourself – so much for .. ‘leaving a very disappointed birthday boy’.
Even though I apologised to you and went out of my way to put it right – which I did not have to do, - you write ‘I dumped you’ because you asked for one night – you mentioned ‘two nights’, so I did not ‘dump you’.
As for your final comment – all bookings have always been honoured by us; unfortunately this booking was an exception to the rule. No monies changed hands, but more to the point, at the end of the day.....’Your ‘Son’ is still getting his ‘Big Occasion’ as you put it.