“Would go back xx”

Ranked #465 of 859 Blackpool B&B and Inns
scotland
“Would go back xx”
Reviewed 24 July 2011

Just back from a weekend away to Blackpool. Was very lucky with the fact that I chose Bridges as bedrooms were lovely. The owners were very willing to help with anything that you needed. Although i did not eat breakfast while I was there I hear it was very good!!! The owners stayed up till the early hours of the morning to serve us drinks at the bar which was definitely a bonus.The guest house is in a very good location as it is two minute walk from many pubs, clubs and restaurants. Great value for money!!!!!

Room Tip: Room 4 is a lovely bedroom and has a double and single bed in it, I seen inside room 1, 2 and 4 and...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank celtic1990

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Girvan, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 July 2011

Just home from a trip down here with friends, and i have to say this place was excellent, the owners couldnt have been anymore welcoming and helpful. Room was perfect bed comfortable flatscreen TV with freeview... most importantly for me breakfast.... it was amazing after missing breakfast time due to packing for home etc they still made us a full breakfast. i will be back next year!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Robertclark86
Halifax, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 July 2011

Couldn't find a fault with our room, very freindly and welcoming, and the breakfast was 10/10..
Scott & Danielle (Halifax)

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank swalsh240
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 June 2011

stayed @ bridges for the 1st time , never been to Blackpool before so myself and the children were looking forward to it , Chris and phil made us feel really welcome, thy let my children put kids programs on when we sat in the lounge , the breakfast was huge with cereal first then full and i mean Full, you name it thy had it also plenty of toast ,any questions i asked thy could answer great people thy even asked if we needed more tea and coffee for the room (not all guest houses do that ) , we even got shown the room b4 we took the cases up i am looking forward to going back again with my family and this time we have even got more o us to go back ,would defiantly recommend to my friends and family hope Chris and phil keep us the good work cant wait till we go back :)

Room Tip: room 3 is a great room for a family
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank welshmumov3
Stafford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 June 2011

Expect excellent service from Phil & Christine (owners), they are very helpful, friendly and polite. (During our stay they joined in with our small celebration and Phil even got the jager's in!!)
The guesthouse is a 2 mins walk from the front and is easy to find with plenty of bars and places to eat within its proximity.
The rooms are modern, clean and spacious complete with en suite. Also provided in the room: kettle, T.V., hair dryer, iron and ironing board.
Late breakfast enables a lay in (which proved popular after a long night!), when you do get to breakfast it is quite a treat. Black pudding, white pudding, bacon, sausage, egg, fried bread toast and beans with a pot of tea and a glass of orange juice! Certainly very tasty and a good start to the day!
All in all we were well looked after all through our stay, we were even provided with VIP cards for use in Blackpool free of charge on the condition they were handed in on our departure. (Most places charge £5.00)
Excellent value for money at £25 a night!
Nick

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
5 Thank Nich0las86
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 May 2011

When't down blackpool for stag do first impression of hotel {outside} looked clean BUT once inside greeted by a fought of the series {comedy program the royals} owner's of the hotel slumped on settle.owner did't have a clue of our booking at all I showed them a print out of my email booking.Witch I we booked it for a twin room.consisting of a double or single room as it was the owner's mix up in the bookings.by the owner's we was offered one double room with nesied with was offered to my Dad I was offered a single room consisting of a old portable tv,virgin box,old stereo,single wardrobe.The bed it self had was made up of filthy and dusty bed cover's. On the window sill very dirty.I found a bag by the side a bed inside the bag was dirty used baby nappy's and black woman's underwear the bedroom stunk of human B.O I wont even put my own dog in there :S.. The bar area was not stocked at all dirty left over drinking glasses the breakfast it self was a basic all day breakfast.The owner's overall were very dirty looking not child friendly at all.....As we to check out the owner's looks and me and my dad as we there not going pay the remaining balance there locked the front door on us and I found that total bang out of order....and it pissed me off......OVERALL THIS HOTEL WAS THE HOTEL FORM HELL DO NOT SHOP HERE GUY'S PLEASE'S

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank csmith8430
philipjg1960, Owner at Bridges Guesthouse, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
This picture was before the room was made up

Not a nice thing to do. As you can see the picture shows a book on the fridge with some other belongings and clean bedding. The picture of the so called rubbish bag is my wifes personal stuff.

Why did this guy assume the bar was not well stocked when he and his mates never used it, the glasses were clean glasses.

Sorry if the breakfast was not to your standard and you did not have a modern tv like your Father had.

But why all the lies especially when you have accused me of prevnting you from leavig when you were stood by the front door waiting for a taxi you asked us to order you.
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 January 2011

We refurbish a nearby bar every january,we have tried various guest houses in the vicinity but our favorite is 'BRIDGES'. Phil and Chris are lovely hosts and these days we will stop nowhere else when in Blackpool. The full english breakfast is superb as is the evening meals. The bedroom i found cosy, complete with en suite bathroom,free view flat screen tv, coffe ,tea,hot chocolate making facilities,we even got complimentry shampoo and bath gel.We were welcomed into the comfortable downstair lounge where we could have a drink and watch sport on sky tv,these proprioters will bend over backward for there guest,nothing is too much trouble,thanks for a nice stay !

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business