“Top fry up” 5 of 5 bubbles

Bridges Guesthouse
Ranked #508 of 913 Blackpool B&B and Inns
“Top fry up”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

Really friendly on arrival lovely couple wjo went out of their way to help. Room great everything we needed plus more. Breakfast was the best fry up we have had anywhere ingredients were top notch. Definitely be staying again!

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Luke G

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Barrow-in-Furness
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

We stayed here as 2 couples for a night as we were in Blackpool to watch the viva show,
From the moment we arrived we felt like part of the family.
What a welcoming couple Chris and Phil are.
Nothing was too much trouble for them
The room was clean and tidy and had everything you needed in it for your stay.
Just want to say
Thank you so much for all your hospitality and I would highly recommend this little piece of heaven to anyone
And by the way breakfast was amazing

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank dawnclaire
Manchester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

After arriving in Blackpool found this hotel looked nice on the outside walked inside and it smelled like wet dog entered our room there was false eyelashes stuck to to mirror, clumps of women's hair stuck to the carpet, the divan bed base was filthy and mouldy didn't need to see anymore complained got offered another room but I think I upset him when I told him his hotel was disgusting and we wasn't staying there as it was dirty wasn't worth the £45 they are charging stayed at much nicer places for less

• Stayed March 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
philipjg1960, Owner at Bridges Guesthouse, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
Yes I missed one or two things I agree with that, but i must object to the comment that we are a dirty guest house and that it smells of wet dog as this is not true.

Now what has not been mentioned is that I was paid in full in this so called dirty smelly room and when I went to get the hospitality tray they were using the shower. [not working I was told] they had not put the emersion on.

There was no valance on the single bed base which, in fact, a guest had spilled drink on and was not so called mouldy."Buy another one they are cheap enough" I was told. Sorry but I doubt anyone can replace a bed base every time this happens. All the bedding etc was clean and freshly laundered as they were all checked.

Even though I had done everything in my power to rectify the situation, including offering a room move, the guest was still unhappy, therefore, a full refund was given even though a number of the facilities had been used.
Burnley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2013

Welcoming! Friendly! excellent value!
The lovely couple who have the Bridges are outstandingly welcoming.
There was absolutely everything we required in our rooms.
Breakfast.......absolutely everything!
They made our weekend! 6 young ladies on a birthday weekend break......Each one of us said we never had such good hospitality!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Sharon H
glasgow
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

Yet again another brilliant weekend stay at bridges. Went for Last minuted weekend and picked the place i trust to stay in in blackpool. Christine and Phil were very accomodating when i phoned and my favourite room. Room 5 was available. Love the cosyness of that room and the view from the window of the tower is always good to waken up to. Owners are still friendly as ever and helpfull when it comes to what you want for breakfast if you dont want the full english they are happy to accomodate. Went down for darts again phil even tried to get me darts tickets which i thought was nice.

No matter when i go to blackpool bridges is my choice of stay and i have recommended it to many of my friends. Beds are comfy rooms are clean and tidy and if u feel there is something out of place phil and christine are happy to rectify it (i havent had this problem at all).

Will be back as soon as i can Phil and Christine.

Room Tip: Family go for room 3 as its huge or if you are a couple or solo pick room 5 but dont wreck it as its...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank steviejm
Blackpool
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2013

Fantastic hosts , nothing to much trouble. They even helped carrying bags up and down stairs. The room clean and very spacious, very comfy bed. Excellent breakfast. Nice to be to able to go for breakfast between 9-11. Good check out time as well. Check out time is noon, so theres no rush after breakfast to leave ur room. Looking forward to staying there again

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

3 Thank Kay S
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2013

This review is slightly later than anticipated; however I would just like to say what a great stay both me and my partner had here! We stayed here for three nights during the bank holiday and it was extremely cheap, initially we were worried that having paid so little the standard of the room would be poor, however we were very wrong! We were made to feel right at home, and were treated with excellent service! The room was basic; but both Christine and Phillip go out of their way to ensure that you enjoy your stay. - Our room was kept clean; with the bins being emptied daily and we were also given extra milk, tea, coffee and hot chocolate which was most delightful.
This guesthouse is situated in a great location; the neighborhood is not too noisy as it is not right in the center of the main Blackpool attractions but it is by no means far away! There is a shop opposite and you are approximately 5 minutes away from the beach and all of the other amenities.
The breakfast is amazing! probably the most delicious, biggest breakfast you could ever imagine! it certainly keeps you full for the day ahead! What's more is that if you do not want to have a large breakfast; Phillip will go out of his way to make you whatever it is you wish; I have dietary requirements and therefore bought my own bread along which he was happy to toast for me; he even offered to buy it for me to save me the hassle (which was very kind).
Overall, I had a fantastic stay...and this guesthouse is most certainly one that you should stay at; very cheap, very friendly and above all; provides you with all that you will need! I would certainly recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple