“If you like frozen barmcakes this is your place.”
Review of Piknik

Ranked #469 of 735 Restaurants in Blackpool
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Seating
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Seating
Blackpool, England, United Kingdom
“If you like frozen barmcakes this is your place.”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

With the closure of the Sunshine deli further along the drive quality sandwich shops have become a rarity and this outlet could completely fill the current open market. Sadly from our two visits they certainly haven't grasped the nettle and all areas of service and quality are very poor. The gentleman that serves doesn't have any finesse or regard for how the food is prepared. We ordered 2 bacon barmcakes and whilst waiting for the bacon he went in the back and came back with two frozen barmcakes and literally tossed them into the microwave to defrost them. Why no fresh barmcakes when the price asked is £2.20 each I do not know. We have seen fresh barmcakes used at outlets just charging £1. When the barmcakes had defrosted they were then made ready on a chopping board which had bits of food on it including cheese, onion. Being served with such the icing on the cake was to be overcharged by the change being given in small change. There are few outlets in the area but we will not rush back here.

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank Kevin H

North West
“A cut above the rest”
Reviewed 16 January 2014

I have been to this takeaway on numerous occasions and it is a cut above your standard takeaway. Fresh home made soup daily and great hot chicken sandwiches. The coffee is also top draw. There is a passion from the owner to give you good quality offerings.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Michael_Mc69
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Food”
Reviewed 11 January 2014 via mobile

Called into this little gem last week. The fresh soup was the best ive tasted and my blt was lovely.
I will certainly return to sample some more of the menu....lovely.

1 Thank lillnsteph
Blackpool, Lancashire
“Don't serve food off the floor”
Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

I have been a regular customer at Piknik for some time. Unfortunately, my last visit shocked me that I couldn't really find the words to day anything to the owner. I ordered a burger and whilst he was getting ready to toast the buns, he dropped them on the floor. I saw this but he hadn't realised that I saw him pick them up from the floor, looking out of the corner of his eye.

I am truly disappointed at this lack of respect for customers as well as basic hygiene.

I will never return there and have told numerous other NHS staff of my experience. Piknik will have lost far more than just myself as a customer.

14 Thank 20kg