“Amazing”

New Guilderoy Hotel Blackpool
Ranked #2 of 70 Hotels in Blackpool
“Amazing”
Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

I was looking for a nice hotel or b&b in Blackpool via Trip Advisor... It was many options but in then I have decided to choose this one...greetings by Simon.. Taking luggage to the room.. And then the actual room! Amazing! Nr 20! I mentioned on booking.com request I have a birthday and it was acknowledged! Room was cosy... Fridge... Great bed and I felt really special... Wonderful Rhona at breakfast and breakfast itself... It was a great stay... Wonderfull decoration and that unforgettable atmosphere... Totally worth!!!

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Sabina S
North_Shore_Expert, Owner at New Guilderoy Hotel Blackpool, responded to this review, 17 September 2014
Hey Sabina, what a lovely couple, so glad we were able to make your weekend a special one, Rhona and I are so happy you had such a great weekend and hope to see you again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 25 August 2014

this has been our 5th year staying at the new guilderoy and it just gets better.we stayed for a week in august and it was great we had a family room the girls had a room off ours which was great and the breakfast as usual was the best.we are looking forward to a return visit at the end of october and seeing simon and rhona again they are a lovely couple who will go out of their way to make sure you have a nice stay see you both soon.
noel & val

Room Tip: we would be happy with any room
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank noelcis_4
Thanks Noel and Valerie for taking the time to write a review. Looking forward to seeing you both again in October. Rhona sends her regards (as does Bruno!!)
Bolton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We have just returned from a lovely couple of days at the New Guilderoy Hotel.

Firstly the service was wonderful and nothing was too difficult for Rhona and Simon. Its the small touches which make this hotel stand out i.e. changing my parents room as my mum could not walk the stairs, mustard on the table at breakfast as it was requested on the first day.

We had room 23 which was funky with a London Theme. Small room with a Double bed and Ensuite shower/toilet. This room as more than adequate for our needs. We had plenty of space for our needs. The room had a flatscreen TV, Coffee/Tea making facilities etc. The bed linen was lovely and soft.

My Parents had room 3 and this was slightly larger than room 23.

The hotel was very clean.

The Breakfast was included and was outstanding. You have a choice of cereals, fruit, ham & cheese and full english. Definitely a major plus point.

The bar area is nice and the prices are very reasonable.

I would highly recommend this hotel and will be back the next time we are in Blackpool.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Melissa H
Thanks Melissa, glad you loved our rooms, breakfast, bar, and our friendliness, and thanks for taking the time to write a really detailed great review. Hope to see you again sometime.
Neath Port Talbot, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Baz John
Stayed at the New Guilderoy for whole week with my mam & dad. Had a fantastic stay with excellent hosts simon & rhona nothing was to much for them they made us feel really welcome. Lovely sized room really nice location away from the hustle and bustle of town. The breakfast was superb. Plenty of on street parking with no restrictions. Can't wait to go back to stay. It's like being home from home. I would highly recommend anyone to stay at this hotel

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Baz John, you are a star, can't wait to see you for another week next August, bring me another CD!! The music is great. Thanks so much for the review.
liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 August 2014

We have just returned from a lovely 3 night break at this fantastic hotel run by lovely people Simon and Rhona we are a family of 5, 2 adults and 3 children we always have great difficulty finding somewhere to accommodate the 5 of us comfortably but this hotel did that with ease.The 2 boys loved the playstation in the room and my daughter loved the separate room they had from us to enable them to have their own space.The room was tastefully decorated and was big enough for us 2 and their room was big enough for them with bunkbeds and a single bed.
Simon greeted me I was a bit flustered cause we couldn't find a parking space by the hotel when Simon found out he moved his own car for us to get in his space for the next four days thanks for that Simon.
The room was very clean and they had thought of everything,like playstaion for the kids ,a fridge,iron and ironing board and a hairdryer,we where situated overlooking a quiet road and a few mins from a tram stop outside the cliffs hotel Simon advised us a family ticket would cost £9 for the tram each day and we could travel as many times as we like this was great value we thought and we used the trams at least 4 times each day.
The breakfast is to die for and I found I was never hungry some days going till tea time which is a first for me as I suffer with a condition which is related to hunger and have to eat little and often the choice at breakfast means that even the fussiest of eaters(which I have a little 6 year old) are catered for.
The bed in the family room was so comfortable that I never wanted to get out of it .
Would we go back .....You bet we would we are hoping to see you again Simon and Rhona soon
From Jacqui,Jeff,Caitlin,Liam and Calum xx

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Jacqui E
Thanks guys, lovely detailed review, can't wait to see you all again, cheers!!
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

Would agree with all the positives posted in previous reviews. We stayed here for two nights and enjoyed it very much. Simon and Rohna's local knowledge was invaluable and ensured we ate at the better restaurants in Blackpool, avoiding any disappointments. Would have no problem recommending this charming hotel to others.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank melndeb
Thank you so much to take the time to review our small hotel. Another seasoned traveller appreciating what Rhona and I are about. Thank you.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 August 2014

My partner, Rosemarie and I, had a great time at the Guilderoy. We have rarely been anywhere for a few nights and wished to stay longer. The hospitality was second to none and the breakfast was fit for a king (or queen). We have to disagree with the review made by the gentleman who complained about the size of room 23 (the London underground room). I am 6ft tall and 3ft wide and found the room to be absolutely fine, so unless he is 8ft tall and 4ft wide with the co-ordination of a bumper car, I can't understand why he had a problem.
Thanks Simon and Rhona for a wonderful stay (sending a high five to Bruno). Looking forward to staying with you again. Christopher and Rosemarie xx

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Had an absolute blast, thanks so much to the two of you. Don't forget, bring your tools next time you come!! LOL!