“Moved out.”

Ranked #802 of 858 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Winterbourne nightmare
“Moved out.”
Reviewed 29 March 2013

We arrived at the Broadway around 10.00 pm after touching down at the Airport and had booked to stay overnight so not have to drive all the way home after our flight. On arrival we were informed that they had some football players staying, although not that these were in fact children. We were tired and all we wanted to do was go to bed and sleep. Not a Cat in hells chance, Children running along the corridors, up and down stairs, slamming doors etc.11.30pm we rang down and asked if something could be done and were informed that the manager would ask one of the Supervisors of these children would leave the bar and come and sort them out . We dont know if anyone did manage to drag themselves away from their beer but the noise continued. We couldnt get to sleep and decided to leave.On informing the manager why we were leaving he replied " its not 12 o clock so the children can still be up "..I dont mind the children still being up at 12 as long as the rest of the hotel guests didnt have to be up with them and they are supervised etc.But to let them run riot along the halls and rooms etc whilst the adults who were supposed to be looking after them sat drinking in the bar isnt fair on other guests staying in the hotel. I have to be honest and say that I wasnt to bothered about moving to another Hotel as I didnt find the place very applealing. Bedroom carpet hadnt been hoovered , furnishings dated, sink so small I had to fill the kettle with a cup, shower tray was dirty and the toilet wouldnt flush. Plus a small tv perched half way over one of the beds. Would I recommend this Hotel to friends or family...Definetly NOT. We were informed these were new owners so no disrespect to the former ones.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
11 Thank sweaverq

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Polish first
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 March 2013

Checked into the broadway yesterday afternoon staff very welcoming and accomodating rooms you get what you pay for abit cold at night tho close to everything you need tram stop across the road to take you up to other peirs will be booking again for may. Would recommend to anyway one wanting somewhere cheap n cheerful

• Stayed March 2013
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed 23 March 2013

I had a prepaid booking at this hotel. When I arrived at 3pm on the appointed day, I could not gain entry. The place was locked up and deserted, and no-one would answer the bell. The hotel did not look very appealing from the outside, looking in need of TLC, with peeling paint etc.

So I had to check into another hotel, at additional cost. However, I will be asking my bank to dispute the charge.

If planning on booking here beware. Make sure there will be someone to let you in before you book.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
13 Thank Cliffie_D

Travellers are raving about these Blackpool hotels

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 February 2013

would recommend this hotel any day as we booked with another hotel but there was no sign of that hotel owners. we went in there and from the min we went in they were very helpful and when we decided that our other hotel was doing a no show they offered us a room. very very good hotel and reasonable rates, would stay here again. breakfast was good.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Julie L
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 January 2013

Had a fantastic 3 night stay over the new year period.Food excellent,staff all very nice and Ian the owner is a lovely person.Atmosphere and personality at this hotel is priceless.I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank paula m
huddersfield
Reviewed 7 December 2012

spent the weekend of 30/11/12 to 2/12/2012 here on a coach party weekend, was pleasantly surprised, food was ok most of the time,the £1 drinks were drinkable, entertainment was quite good, paul the entertainer tried really hard to please everybody. the bedrooms were functional and were warm.

Was also surprised with Blackpool itself, major money has been spent on the seafront and it is now really nice, all they now need to do is get rid of the tacky shops!

What the moaners have to understand is that the margins are very tight for the people who are trying to eke out a living in the hotel trade, I am led to believe that the hotel only received £20 per guest for 2 nights dinner bed and breakfast, I can't live in my own home for that amount for 2 nights.

Will definitely consider returning to the broadway hotal as I really enjoyed my stay

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 December 2012

went for my friends birthday, and staff were very helpful, friendly and welcoming, considering we made quite a bit of noise at night! You cant expect much more for the prices! excellent value for money, would definitely come back again if they would have us!

Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends