“"Room for Improvement"”

Ranked #801 of 858 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Kirkintilloch, United Kingdom
“"Room for Improvement"”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Myself and my partner just back from staying at the Broadway for the second time and again we enjoyed our break. Was nice to see Johnny still there - smiling as always and new manager Chris equally as cheerful. I know the old saying "you get what you pay for" but I would like to see the rooms have a wee bit of a facelift. Our mattress had loose springs and the bathroom/shower in need of grouting. Breakfast good as previous. Bedding spotless. Towels changed daily. It is not a minus but a little decorating wouldn't go amiss lads to keep us coming back....

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sandra B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Polish first
Bridgwater, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 June 2014

The first room they gave us was filthy and had not been cleaned (though they said it had!) the lift was broken so had to lug cases up the stairs. The room we were then given was tiny, a single room with twin beds in. There was no hot water Friday and Sunday. We couldn't complain on Sunday as there was nobody on reception. Breakfast was miserly and luke warm which arrived seconds after you sat down, so no time to eat cereals. Glad to leave on Sunday, will not stay there again!

Room Tip: Do yourself a favour and book somewhere else
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
12 Thank Soniahart

Travellers are raving about these Blackpool hotels

Sheerness
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Was ment to stay here for a weekend drive 300 miles to be told that my room was flooded and that they had called booking.com to tell them even though I provided a phone number for contact was moved to another b&b which was ok but not what I wanted and still had to pay full price

• Stayed May 2014
35 Thank Kellmick81
Dudley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

I booked to stay here for 2 nights with my husband and son it was that bad we only stayed for one night. There were dirty cups from the previous guests, the carpet looked like it had not been cleaned for years there were dirty used towels left on the side and the bed sheets were dirty. I have never experienced such a dirty hotel I would never stay here again.

Stayed May 2014
37 Thank Julie9587
Mansfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 May 2014

this is a good budget hotel which is now under new management.
we had a pleasant stay and the manager chris could not do enough to please us.
Although this has had bad reviews in the past under the old manager I would suggest you try yourself before pre judging it.
We enjoyed it and will go back again soon we hope you will try it and agree

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank Andrew R
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Me and my girlfriend went last weekend to Blackpool for the weekend as we do quite a lot we have stayed in a few hotels/ b&bs and by the way were not posh or stuck up we're to 17 year olds and not fussy but this first we walk in the hotel what looked ok Looked abit old am run down but didn't think much of it , went up stairs thought we was gonna fall threw the floor with the dodge floor boards , then we went in the room it was number 30 it was the worst room I have ever seen in my life the net curtain was half hanging off big damp marks on the celin the door was hanging of the wardrobe but we still thought oh well we're not here for long we went in the bath room it stunk like it had not been cleaned in years the was big stains on the wall were somebody had a wee on it the shower door was cracked and did not shut the celin looked like it was gonna fall threw we had to ring the man down stairs and tell him to come up we sat on the bed and hit the bottom of the frain as there was no springs in the mattress the cups were dirty there was hairs all in the bed the was a strange noice coming from then plugs , we had to ask him to come and fix the heating because the hot water did not work for a day and the rads didn't work at all he had to bring a plug in heater for is it was freezing we asked for a refund he said he can't you get what you pay for not a nice hotel at all wouldn't recommend it to a homeless of the streets , but the girls who do the brackfast are very nice and polite looked tired and were working very hard only looked about 15 them selves

• Stayed May 2014
33 Thank Eng124
Batley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Recently booked a 2 day break at this hotel. The night before our arrival the manager cancelled my stay and offered another hotel. When we arrived arrived in Blackpool and saw the other hotel it was totally unsuitable for 2 disabled people (nowhere to park). However the Broadway still decided to charge us for our non stay and even though they cancelled not me. As far as I am concerned this is theft taking money without my permission and has left me very upset.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends