“Wonderful welcoming stay.”
Review of The Arthington

The Arthington
Ranked #3 of 863 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

I can not recommend this place enough.

We were welcomed by cheery Steve and sat us down with a cup of tea and a cake, Steve talked us through the place. Steve and Elaine are great, like a couple of friends you haven't seen in a while!

After booking a small double (which was on the small side but still a lovely little room) Steve told us the executive double was available which had recently appeared on "the hotel inspector" to show what an excellent b&b room should look like and believe me it is excellent. The word "spotless" is bandied about a lot but I'm serious not a speck of dirt was encountered on our stay.

The price was about on par with what you'd expect from a good b&b but the little extras you get from Steve and Elaine make booking of this place a no brainer. We had mentioned briefly during our welcome cuppa that it was my wife's birthday that weekend and thought nothing more of it... When we got downstairs for our breakfast the next morning (which was superb btw) Steve had happy birthday banners up and was playing happy birthday to my wife which embarrassed the hell out of her but in a good way.... They even left her a little pressie on her breakfast table! The bathrobes, the sweets, the quirky little fixtures throughout etc etc etc.... The little extras are brilliant.

Thank you so much for our stay guys it made our weekend and can't wait to see you again!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 1 March 2014

My grandson booked this hotel for a surprise present for our 50th wedding anniversary! he did well! the hotel was perfect and the people who own the hotel are so down to earth and willing to help! i have booked to stay in this hotel again!

My advice ... book this hotel ... you will not regret it and will be thanking me after your stay!

thank you for a great weekend ... see you soon!!!

Jackie & Joe

Room Tip: We stayed in the King Room however we did view other rooms in the hotel and they are all equally as...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Only stayed for one night here but it was great. Hosts were very welcoming and friendly, the place itself was lovely. Rooms were spotless and the breakfast was great! Would definitely recommend staying here!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 February 2014

this bed and breakfast was by far the best i have stayed in, me and my partner stayed here for 3 nights in the king size room and the hotel owners, steve and elaine made us feel very welcome. the rooms are absolutely immaculate. they didnt realise until we arrived that it was my partners birthday so to wish him happy birthday he was given a free drink on the house. The breakfast provided was amazing and they always gave service with a smile. i felt like i was at home! the bed was the comfiest i have ever stayed in out of any hotel. i would recommend this hotel to anyone and we will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Yet again the arthington exceeds our expectations the owners are fantastic the accommodation is amazing we had room 8 it is lovely.
The slogan for this hotel should be raising the standards of guest hotels in Blackpool we will be back thanks Steve and Elaine for another fantastic few day

Andrew and Karen

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

Seeing The Arthington being praised by The Hotel Inspector this week reminded me that I really should submit a review from our visit in December. My fiancé and I stayed in the small double shown on TV last night and I have to say that it was absolutely perfect. Elaine and Steve were fantastic, made us feel right at home from the moment we arrived. We had a great time in the bar in the evening although even after a sound night's sleep we woke up feeling a little worse for wear! Nothing a full English cooked by Elaine didn't sort out! We bought ourselves a matress topper as soon as we got back home as our own bed felt like a rock after a night spent in room 5 at The Arthington. Overall, I can't praise this guest house enough, I wouldn't change a thing about our stay and will definitely be returning in the Summer. Highly recommend.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 February 2014

Came to Blackpool for my fiancée's birthday, and the hotel was gorgeous. We were greeted with a warm welcome and a cup of tea after our journey. We were the only people in the hotel so it was quiet but you expect that this time of year. The breakfasts were very filling and there was plenty of choice. Elaine and Steve were very friendly and treated us more like friends than guests. We will definitely be returning later on this year :)

• Stayed: February 2014